SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scam the Scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
zonker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but thought I'd post a letter I responded to a Nigerian scammer with about 3 years ago. For some reason I can't locate the original scam letter, but it had something to do with an old outstanding contractors record file and monies that were unpaid by the Nigerian Government and they were asking me for detailed information to make arrangements to receive the funds. I responded with the following:
----------------------------------------
To:
PROFESSOR CHARLES C. SOLUDO
EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN)
Email:[email protected]

THE OFFICE OF GRAND MASTER MAYNARD G. KREBS
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF "COMPETITIVE AMPUTATIONS UNLIMITED"
HEAD OFFICE: NEW MASH PLAZA, PAUL REVERES WAY, BOSTON MA. U.S.A.

Dear Professor Soludo:

I cannot begin to tell you how elated I am to have received your letter regarding the long overdue Contract payment for our services rendered to your grand nation more than one decade ago. Your governments decision to settle this matter at this time will not go unrewarded.

There is, however, a small discrepancy in figures that will need to be attended to before we can accept this transaction.

It seems that our records do not match yours in regards to the actual amount due.

Our files indicate that the amount due should be $65,938,867.00 and NOT the $65,700,000.00 that you indicated in your letter. Since this difference is substantial we will require verification of your personal credentials before we can receive settlement on this account.

Please forward to me documentation consisting of following:

1.) Your Full Name.
2.) Phone, Fax and Mobile #
3.) Your Position and Full Home Address.
4.) Your Postal Mailing Address
5.) A Scanned Signed Copy Of The Contract with Our Company
6.) A Scanned Copy of Your Int'l Passport
7.) A Scanned Copy Of Your Drivers License
8.) A Scanned Picture ID if Your License is without one.

This will ensure that I am dealing with a legitimate representative of your nation and bank.

Professor Soludo I have some very GOOD NEWS for you.

After many hours of meetings with the Board of Directors of Competitive Amputations Unlimited, the Board and I, after consulting with the Transactional Analysis Committee, have unanimously decided to donate the full amount due us from the said contract to you and your fellow country men to combat the spread of the AIDS virus on your unfortunate continent.

I have even MORE GOOD NEWS professor!

The Board has also decided to further donate to you the sum of $35,000,000 (35 million US dollars) in addition to the funds already in your possession to help fight this horrible disease.

We will require only 1 "Good Faith" gesture on your part in order for you to receive this additional donation.

You must immediately donate the sum of $1,000,000 US dollars to ADEOYO MATERNITY HOSPITAL in YEMETU, IBADAN, NIGERIA for help in their AIDS research. You are to deduct this amount from the Contract monies due our company.

After you have completed this "GOOD FAITH" assignment we will need to receive validated documentation from the administrator of ADEOYO MATERNITY HOSPITAL that they are, indeed, in possession of the $1,000,000 donation.

When we receive the required proof of this action and the above requested identity documentation we will immediately begin to initiate the transfer of our $35,000,000 additional donation to you and your countrymen.

Please send to us your Bank account numbers and other particulars so that my secretary, can prepare for the wiring of the funds to your bank.

In all further correspondence to me and my company officers, please use the following verification code at the head of your letters.

The code is: 0x6kd04mu%M78ght93DR7%Guj76549kl908%GuHjt67549%A42I1ko'9CBNcbn01a2005

The code is case sensitive so you will need to include it in your letters exactly as written above so that our computers will recognize your valid mail. Any mistake will automatically send your mail into a junk mail file and it will never be read. We wouldn't want that to happen, would we Professor?

You may address your next letter directly to me or to one of my authorized Associates:

They are:

Vice-Pres: Archibald Bunkerman
Vice-Pres: Eduardo Norton
CFO: Fuller B. Iverson
Exec Sec: Ralfenia Cramdeni

We are excited and anxious to complete this new transaction with your Bank. (CBN) It is always a pleasure doing business with honest and ethical gentlemen such as yourself. Your generous "GOOD FAITH" donation to ADEOYO MATERNITY HOSPITAL will be looked on with great favor for many years to come. And our company donation to you and your great nation will hopefully contribute to wiping viral diseases from the face of the earth.

I do hope that you are not infected with this awful killer virus yourself! I trust you are in good health. I have had the opportunity to see a photograph of you on the internet and it worried me somewhat. Perhaps it was only a flaw in the photography.

Well, I will bring my letter to a close now.

Once again, I am with great joy over the receipt of your letter and am looking forward to your timely response. My associates and I can hardly wait to read your next letter.

So please, write quickly and include the requested details listed above so that we may begin the process. I beg you to please not delay your response as there are several other good organizations in need of such funds that we may decide to offer the money to instead. We must relieve ourselves of this money within the next seven days or we will have to return it to our Capital Expense Fund.

Best Regards:
Your New Friend

Grand Master Maynard G. Krebs
Chief Executive Officer
Competitive Amputations Unlimited
Boston, MA., U.S.A.

---------------------------------------------------
AUTHORS NOTE: The hospital mentioned is a real hospital in Nigeria and the email I used was set up temporarily in case I got a response. I did not. It was fun writing it though.
I note also that this letter borders on the "Cash Baiting" idea that is frowned upon on this forum. However, I was not requesting cash be sent to me, but was simply trying to play on the scammers greed and hopefully divert some of their monies to a good cause. You will note that I was offering to send them more money.
Cherrie
** Mentoring Guru **

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

**Moved here**

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

pony pony pony
Mortar x153
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

zonker,

I like that you have developed a "back story". Sadly I don't think that the scammer will read all that you wrote. Getting a scammer on the line is a lot like fishing. The bait has to look good and real so that the scammer will bite. If you jerk on the line too hard the scammer will look for someone who is not asking for too much and looks compliant.

Scammers (lads) are basically lazy or they would work. They look for an easy mark that will give them what they want. The art of baiting is that baiters look like they are compliant, but string the scammer along wasting their time and resources.

Sadly, I am not confident that you will read all that I have written here. If you won't read all of this (or the stickies it is based on) why would a scammer read a long message? A relationship must be forged and then you can start making <strike>demands</strike> requests for items from the scammer.

The scammer has sent out hundreds or thousands of emails and is looking for a couple of people who will be compliant to him. One other thing we are careful not to do is educate the scammer so that he is better at getting into victim's pockets. If they give you something that looks good, tell them that it looks bad. If it looks bad, then of course it looks perfect.

Welcome (if you read this far) and have fun! If this scammer "twigs" because of the detalis you ask for, just re-bait him even from the same (safe) email address!

BTW:
Scammer/Scam is the bad guys. (Them)

Baiters/Baits are the good guys. (Us)

Baiting is about learning, so keep at it and ask questions.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

zonker wrote:
However, I was not requesting cash be sent to me, but was simply trying to play on the scammers greed and hopefully divert some of their monies to a good cause.

There is no money, they'll just send you fake documents indicating a fake donation to that real hospital.

Of course, even if they had money, they wouldn't donate it to a good cause.....or would they? Smile

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Zonker !

I really like the modality, it has merit. This is not intended to be criticism, but I would save that reply until he thought he had you hooked, maybe three or four emails down the track.
You have put a lot of work into that, a lot too much for a first reply. But it is great, and could be used as a form letter for mass mailing to similar scams, or even as a template saved so that future alterations and deletions necessary to relate to the bait can be made.
IMHO, this is not cash baiting by any means.

I will send a photo copy of your draft to your state security agent with all your information that you are using the money to finance TERRORIST in America that you have received one already, and you also involved in the slept 11 attack.
NA BABA GOD GO PUNISH INA LIVES ANY WHERE INA DEY PLUS
UR BASTARD GOMER COS IN NO BE MISTER ATALL U SILLY
SCOMBERGS U NA DEY CUTT MY JOBS ABI.NO WORRY I NO GO
TELL UNA AGAIN,BUT IF UNA TRY AGAIN UNA NO GO WAKE
FROM SLEEP THE VERY NEXT MORNING I MEAN U WILL BE
MURDERED WITHOUT WARNING THE VERY NEXT MORNING NINFO . Walter Savvidez

pony
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So, how did it work when you sent that to him? Because I really like it - but my guess is he didn't even read it, but carried on with his own script. Confused

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bearkat419:

I never got a reply.

Paranoid:

Yes, I read your post all the way through.

This scam letter was the first one I ever received. I got it in 2005. Since then I have received many more scam letters of all sorts, but have never again responded. Since finding this forum and the 419eater site I have been considering exercising my writing skills again.

I must be on a new list. For the past month I have received a couple of scam letters almost every day. So far I seemed to have won at least $200 million dollars. Some lucky guy! There are untold millions more awaiting me if I'll just help out a few sick people, cash some checks or....I forget now.............but the opportunities are endless!

Back to my email.
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome zonker! I think you will make it here just fine!

We really are here to help you develop your baiting career. Thank you for reading through all I wrote. I hipe it will b helpful to you. IMO taking risks (in a safe way) is how we learn.

If I can help you, let me know! Thumbs up

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic