SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Facebook Motorcycle Scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
arbocdragon
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys. New to the forums/site. I found the site via google after searching "how to screw over scammers".

Anyway... I'm here to get some ideas.... I posted my motorcycle for sale on Facebook marketplace and got the following message from a guy from Trenton, New Jersey whose name is listed on Facebook as Gary Smith (contrary to how he identifies himself in the message):

Quote:
Hello, I am Smith Gary am using this medium to contact
you on behalf of client to purchase this item and it
will be send to UK .Would you please email me with the
final asking price of the item for immediate purchase?

Please contact me direct to my personal email address which is ( [email protected] )

[1.] Do you accept a ( Personal Check /Cashier Check
as a mode of payment?

[ 2. ]What is the final asking prize you can go at
last?

[3]Will you let our shipping company to come to you
house for the pick up of the item cos we don't want
you to worry yourself about the shipping of the item.

[4 ]You are to send your NAME,ADDRESS,TEL # to mail
out the payment today.

[ 5. ]Will you be able to send the excess fund back to
the shipping company via MONEY GRAM money transfer
same day you receive and cash the check for the
arrangement of the home pick up from your house down
to my client.shipment. I'll like this transaction to
be kept in utmost trust.

NOTE AGAIN:contact me direct to my personal email address which is ( [email protected] )

I think he is offering me full price + some and then I send money back to him or something? I'm not sure exactly what he wants due to the grammar and spelling nightmare that is the message.

Any suggestions on courses of action to take? I can't do the whole "fill a box with junk and send it COD" thing since well... it's a motorcycle and that would have to be a huge box (or maybe a HUGE box is a good thing??) I obviously haven't given any sort of personal information and will not do so in the future. Other than that I don't know much about this stuff (other than what I've read on the FAQ) but I'm ready and I have the time to stick it to this guy.

Thanks fellas. I look forward to your responses.
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I obviously haven't given any sort of personal information and will not do so in the future

I would presume that if this lad has been in contact with you he has your real name and access to your profile which will hold to much info about you. All you can and should do is completely ignore him and don't even think about baiting him.

Facebook scammers are quite rare at the moment but thats sure to change. Confused

pony pony Mortar x18
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Yep. Drop this guy, he knows who you are.

We only bait safely, i.e. we use fake details, fake addresses, fake phone numbers, fake everything. Only when you are 100% sure that not a single one of your real life details are visible can you start scam baiting.
But by all means come back at this guy when you're ready! There are ways and means!

Have a read of the stickies first, relax and see what we can and can't do, then come at the problem afresh. Very Happy

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
kerino
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guy.

Lemme tip you to something: the whole thing is a complete scam. ALL of it. You have to understand this lad DOESN'T WANT the motorcycle. He is only pretending to want it. It is all part of the scam.

No shipping company will ever arrive to pick up your big box of rocks/junk or whatever.

The whole purpose of the exercise is to send you a FAKE CHECK for well over the price of the motorcycle. The extra money is supposed to be for shipping and you are supposed to send it to the FAKE shipping company, that is actually the lad himself.

Later, your bank will discover the fraud and hold you responsible.

Do as the guys above suggest and ignore this lad.
BarackNRoll08
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I, too, have been scammed by "Gary Smith." I don't care what it takes, but I am about to get him burned... BIG TIME!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic