SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Funny items on menus

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I travel a lot and often see funny translations on menus.

I've seen amongst others :

Small cock in red wine
Veal with the Milanese Woman
Cat (fish)
Small pieces of fish cooked in hot grease

This evening I saw one of the best, and of course it's a typo rather than a translation error, so it took a second or so for the penny to drop because it's in an upmarket hotel in an English speaking country :

8OZ ANUS RUMP STEAK

I choose another item from the menu.

YOU BASTED PIG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME I AM NOT SCAMMER

You are the pertetic fool with no ambition, you wasted our time, by doing this.
You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
ChainYanker
Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A friend of my parents' was once at an Israeli restaurant.

The Hebrew word root K-B-D can mean liver, heavy, or honor. So the menue translated kabed oaf (chicken liver) as... Respect the Chicken.

That same menu also had "dessert" as "last dose".

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In China I have ordered the "Pork fat in boiled down pork water".

It was literally lumps of Pork Fat simmered in pork stock.

It was ok actually, slightly greasy, but the stock was fine. I didn't want to chew on the fat as it was very rubbery looking.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Laughing Laughing That's great!

Edit - I meant the "respect the chicken" remark. Mugatu, that sounds disgusting.

Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Safari - William - Accra, Ghana - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Safari - Miracle - Benin - N'Djamena, Chad - "Too much mosquitoes"
Safari - Godspower - Ghana - N'Djamena, Chad
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
pony pony Pretty Rose Suitcase Mortar 17
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I run into that over in Eastern Europe when we go out to the villages. The one example that sticks in mind was " Father meat in grease"

Personally I think Japan had the best idea. The restaurants there just handed out menu's that had nothing but pictures.
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

in tallinn i have eaten deep fried pig ear which was lovely,quite similar to
pork scratchings here in the UK.
in praha i did eat a whole plate of raw goose breast,now that was different and would probably try again.

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Two weeks or so ago I was in the supermarket, lining up the get rid of my money, and there this delivery-guy came to bring new stock.
What he had in his boxes was, to say the least, surprising. He had like 6 boxes full with pig-heads!

Another interesting article in that supermarket are the frogs they sell there, alive of course...

But hey, I guess these things still don't beat the jar-o-seahorse that can be found in just about any pharmacy around here...

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had fried blood in Nepal, deep fried sparrow(?) in Burma and even took my dinner for walkies in Istanbul before eating it (good doggy) but in Romania in August I pick up a jar of CRAP.

And it was. According to my Moldovan better half, it is a delicacy, some sort of seafood. tasted like shit though. I'll dig out the lid and post it when I get the chance.

Purple Flower
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it was in a restaurant in china that touted itself to to be 'western' that I noticed something funny on the menu.
The menu attempted to have english translations...or at least partial descriptions of the items.

One item I think was a salad...had an entry next to it stating it was 'like screwing in spring rain'.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I once had to decline sheeps eyes in the Middle East.

Now I have two basic rules of life that I observe rigorously.

One - Don't eat anything that's looking back at you

Two - Never play a sport where the ball is harder than your testicles.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
spot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In Spain...

The menu said "Chicken inside her" ...rather than "Chicken in cider". Confused

Always comes out moist !

packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sign seen in the virgin islands, instead of pick you own live lobster from the tank it sead "search life lobster in a pool"

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Mr. Green
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GordonBennett mentioned Moldova, which reminds me the menus there always used to crack me up.

First of all, most menus resembled a small developing country's phone book with more than 60 pages of offerings. Then, most items were translated to things like Pork Royale, Pork Excellence, Pork Winter Bliss, Pork Cordru, Pork Sublime, Pork Elisabeth, Pork Diane, and so on... completely uninformative, except in some restaurants the menu items had numbers in the description like vegetable soup with tomato, carrots, onion, and seasonings (1, 2, 0.5, 0.2, 0.1, 0.1, 0.04).

I never had any idea what on earth these things could be, but discovered that didn't matter much because when I asked the waiter it usually turned out the kitchen could only prepare maybe 5% of what was listed (...perhaps the chef didn't know what all those things were or what the numbers meant either?).

In any case, the food was nearly always excellent and Moldova was one of my favorite Eastern Europe countries to work in. I remember a particularly fun dinner one summer night when the restaurant's cellar ran out of chardonnay sauvignon. We all liked the first wine so much that someone in our group decided to call for a bottle of chardonnay, a bottle of sauvignon, and a pitcher to mix the two (1, 1 you might say)! Embarassed Laughing

Sand Timer 25 months, <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1014373">Mr. Scot</a> "Skipper has never communicated to us since the campaign event took place last year. we did'nt get a cent from that event either."
Sand Timer 24 months, <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119437">Mr. Uche-uka</a> "There is no way that I would have put in this enermous amount of time, work and money without being serious with this huge task ahead of building and running an orphanage."
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here to donate to 419Eater</a>
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The adorable people at our local Chinese buffet used to totally crack me up with their less successful attempts to label some of the dishes when they first opened. Personal favorites were "Butter with Potatoes", which, if you ask me, is just getting your priorities straight, and the slightly more boggle-inducing "Chopped Spanish with Cheese".

As it was spinach, the "Soylent Green is people!" line immediately ran through my head.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Manderin drained in sugar fruit oil"

Found that in Tblisi. I think it meant oranges in syrup Confused

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had lunch once at a company canteen in Spain, and on the menu was :

"Chicken with cum in"

YOU BASTED PIG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME I AM NOT SCAMMER

You are the pertetic fool with no ambition, you wasted our time, by doing this.
You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the books I bought today has a whole selection

Boiled Frogfish

Fried internal part of chicken with mushrooms nad deep fried fist with vegetables

Cold shredded children and sea blubber in spicy sayce

Climbing with a hen

Indonesian Nazi Goreng

Buttered saucepans and fried hormones

Fried fishermen

Fried friendship

Utmost of chicken fried in bother

Roguefart

To show a few

Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

falnsb wrote:
I had lunch once at a company canteen in Spain, and on the menu was :

"Chicken with cum in"

Shocked Good God, what did it tatse like?

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@CY
awful
It had chicken in it
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

French Toast

Why?

As a teenager I worked in a kitchen at a summer camp. One summer we had a young French student working there on a 'work & travel' set-up.

One Sunday morning we made French Toast.

He asked: 'whot iz zis?'
We said: 'French Toast.'
'French Toast?'
'Yes, French Toast.'
'I due not know zis, zat iz not French.'
'But it's French Toast.'
'We due not ate toast like zat; I 'ave never seen zat before.'

He just laughed and shook his head. Wink
devilish
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Our local Indian has a dish with sauted peas and fried opinions.

Not so funny now I come to write it, must have been the tiger karger that gave it more humour
BadKarma
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I was traveling around Laos, the menus usually had some misspellings in them and you had to use some imagination to understand them totally.
In one place they had crabs in the menu, although it was spelled "crap".
I didn't take the risk, who knows if actually was poo they were selling...

Safari George Annan (Accra - Benin City)
Safari Dan (Accra - Lagos)

"HIS A BIG FRAUD. THE MESSAGE HE SENT TO ME IS A NIGERIA EANGLISH , I TRUST YOU SO MUCH AND I CAN GIVE YOU MY COMPANY PASSWORD TO CHECK THE MAIL HE SENT TO US."
"Just a thought. Maybe, you can get a well paid Mod job here." -Toomuchfun

Postwhores - gotta love 'em.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not a menu item, but a good sign that I saw anyway. In a tourist tat shop in Amsterdam, the sign on the outside of the shop said (In English):

Quote:
ONLY 2 KIDS ALLOWED AT A TIME. AND NO FUCKING AROUND.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic