SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

career/job fighting scam/fraud??

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
M.T. Head
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been interested in this sort of thing for awhile. Scambaiting is great, but I'd like to have a job related to that or something similar like catching identity thieves, etc. Speaking of which, NPR had a piece on "The Story" segment 2/28/08 called "To Catch a Thief". The woman essentially caught her own id thief, with the help of LEO. Awesome.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you with LEO contacts or otherwise would know how I'd go about it or if I went back to school, what I'd study. I'm just brainstorming now.

FBI (I'm in the US) is an option I suppose. Don't know if I'd need to be a Federal Agent with all the physical and gun tests to pass or if they have positions for citizens at the part that deals with fraud.

Local police may be an option, but probably less viable for what I want to do. They seem to have very little power to do anything in 419 cases and plus I live in a small town currently so they may have other priorities. I don't know that I'd get to choose my specialty in the local arena-I don't want to do other police stuff really, just the fraud stuff.

Interpol maybe...

Maybe the legal side of things would be better...

Or investigative reporting... that seems harder though...

As efficient, strong and reliable as this transaction {INHERITANCE} inheritance is not acrime all over the World, a day old baby can inherit as you know even a deaf & dump and the blind can as well Inherit. ---Mr:Gregg Cesar.

ONEMORE THING NAVER YOU USE SUCH WORDS TO US AGAIN GOAT'S -- Mr.Edward Brown, ECOBANK PLC. COTE D�IVOIRE
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NSA, too, maybe. Persuade someone that they're just as bad as illegal immegrants. You might get lucky and get your own department.

Or not.

Currently running 1 hopeful leprechaun, 2 rich widows, 2 lotteries, 1 scammer, and 1 deposed NSA official.

"My command is your wish."- Bob
My Email Parser baiting tool!

pony pony pony Jolly Roger
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What we need to do is convince somebody to pay US for what we do! We probably fight more cyber-crime than the Effbee-oi, the PMRC, and the EFCC combined, so all we need to do is prove that lads are more dangerous than illegal downloads. Then there's a swearing-in ceremony, and we all get matching hats and cool earpieces, probably a live band involved and those little sandwiches too. No badges though. We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Failing that, you'll probably want to complete police academy training (not just the movie neither!) and get yourself a job as a LEO, then get promoted up the chain and specialize in fraud investigation. It will take a while, and further education will be involved, as will long hours and much frustration. From what I hear, it's worth it though.
US_Spook
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hacker9 wrote:
NSA, too, maybe.

NSA would unlikely find this interesting...not like I know or anything. Wink
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved here from Misc. scams. Very Happy

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I was working to try to catch my scammer I was working with the local police and postal inspector. According to the postal inspector 75% of his time is spent trying to trap scammers with 50% of that being internet scammers. He said one of the reason the scammers avoid using the US mail system is that they know it is a federal offense. It was interesting to work with them. I got to see a professional side of baiting and how the law enforcement works. However, they don't have a very successful rate is getting Nigeria and the West African countries to co-operate with them. If you would like to know more about my case pm me and I will give you the details.

So you may want to look into becoming a postal inspector.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sheboppe wrote:
Moved here from Misc. scams. Very Happy

OOooooo Thank you! This promises to be interesting. Shocked
mike hunter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, it may not be as exciting as catching the thieves, but you can learn to give refuse to be a victim seminars in your area. http://www.nrahq.org/rtbav/

If is a program developed by the National Rifle Association (it is not firearms related) that deals with how to avoid becoming a victim of crime violent or otherwise.

I got certified a few years ago, but do not do them often.

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

if you want a job in the fraud industry, see this site that I came across recently:

http://www.fraudrecruitmentagency.co.uk

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A few ideas that come to mind:

Work for a bank as a fraud analyst
WU/MG - help increase fraud awareness
dating sites - remove love scammers/help increase fraud awareness
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

this sounds like fun.

will i get a smart new suit,sunglasses and a new firearm.

were do i apply.

Cool

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I shudder at the thought of a board like this being run by the same folks that do such a *wonderful* job down at the post office...

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr. Spook- I don't suppose I could talk to you about getting a job? Laughing

Currently running 1 hopeful leprechaun, 2 rich widows, 2 lotteries, 1 scammer, and 1 deposed NSA official.

"My command is your wish."- Bob
My Email Parser baiting tool!

pony pony pony Jolly Roger
US_Spook
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@hacker9

Depends on what you want to do...right now the gvt is hiring like mad. Depends on whether you want to work in the IC or someone who supports the IC. And of course your skillset. PM me so we don't drag this convo out on the board.
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IC ???

pony pony Mortar x18
US_Spook
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry I speak in acronyms sometimes. IC = Intelligence Community

Those would be either the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Department of Defense (DoD) Component Intelligence Agencies, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), and National Security Agency (NSA). Some of the Federal Agencies have Intelligence units as well.

The link for more information is here: http://www.intelligence.gov/

p.s. I like to also spell out acronyms too... Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic