SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What are YOU growing this year?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
writeon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
What are YOU growing this year?

Old.

"MY FINANCE DEPARTMENT TOLD'S ME TODAY THAT THE WESTERN UNION FORM YOU SENT WAS NOT VALID AND ELUCID" - Dr Frank Johnson

THERE IS A MURDER CASE WHICH I ENGAGE MY SELF INTO TO MAKE SURE THE CLIENT IS NOT KILLED BY HANGING, BUT I THANK GOD TODAY THAT THE CLIENT SUCIDED IN GOING TO JAIL INSTEAD OF HANGING TO DEATH,THAT IS THE REASON WHY I DIDN,T GET BACK TO YOU SOON. - Mohammed Traore

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE AM BURNING I MEAN I AM IN BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE RED SEA PLEASE. - Ruth
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Shouldn't that being old-er? Laughing

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have some bulbs in planters which seem to be coming up in spite of being dug up by squirrels.
I've got several rosemary bushes which are growing in spite of being continually harvested ( garlic and rosemary roast tattie, yum yum ) also got a fair bit of lavender and mint grows wild out there.
I've also got some sage and thyme in pots.
It s a shared garden so can't really dig it over for vegetables also north facing so doesnt get lots of sun

I usually sow parsley to grow in a window box on the kitchen sill and try and keep some basil on the inside sill
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Simba wrote:
My prize project is to grow a banana tree.... Very Happy

Mr. Green wrote:
Oooooh, I've got bananas growing in my garden! Took about a year and a half to FINALLY start producing

Mine has been in for a year now, so I am hoping to get some fruit this season... Thumbs up

The banana tree is in the centre of my hardy exotics display.
Foliage plants of Cordylines, Canna, Accorus and various Phormiums, and the flowers Hemerocallis, Crocosmia, Kniphofia, Eremurus, Callistemon, Fritilaria, Liliums, and Dwarf Azaleas... Very Happy

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only thing I've got growing in my yard are weeds and what allegedly is grass, but I'm pretty sure that's just low growing weeds too. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I do have 4 trees in the yard, but they sux, they don't bear fruit or blooms or anything fancy like that.

In my front I have 2 big azaela bushes & the only reason they are alive today is b/c the HOA tends to them, otherwise they would have mysteriously died under my care a long time ago.

My cousin said he would help me in the yard this summer tho. Very Happy As long as the plants can survive on just rain water, we're good.
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@thefife - Sorry to hear that your yard has no flowers.

Here is a bunch for you that I picked myself, Wink

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Simba, that is very sweet of you as usual! You are so good to me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That is the sweetest thing I seen all day. Cool

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I live in an ugly apartment from the communist age. I do have some willows and ornamental acacias in front of me windows. I guess I'll grow some "weed" Laughing .
On the other hand, my family has a countryside house and property 20 Km from my city.
There I grow tulips, white&yellow narcissus, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, gooseberry and blackcurrants, besides some trees like cherry, sour cherry, walnut, hazelnut, mulberry (bwah, I hate the taste! good for chickens and pigs), elderberry (grown just for the flowers, they make a good soft drink: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socat%C4%83 ; and wine too, almost like champagne), apples, and a lot of plum trees (almost all them plums are used for TZUIKA).
And some spring flowers . I do not know their names in english. Some white, some purple. White and orange lilies, other flowers I do not know their english name
Besides those, a regular vegetables crop: potatoes, beans, tomatoes, red hot chilis, bell peppers, maize, wheat, cucumbers, eggplants, watermelons, cantaloups.
angusmactavish
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We are in a "Level 4" drought with all outdoor watering banned. I shall be growing dust....and alarmed.

Listen, my contact with you in this transaction does not warrant you to insult my personality for any reason. - Godwin Luis

United Kingdom Cayman Islands Bahamas, The United Kingdom Bahamas, The
Cayman Islands Cayman Islands Netherlands Nigeria Netherlands Safari Mortar x18
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

But Weasel, I don't even want to move dirt around anymore, bend over, pull out weeds. I'm too old (but I could be lazy, too). It doesn't thrill me. But watching someone else, who likes to do that stuff is ok. i don't mind watchin'. Smile
going fishing is more my style. i like meat more than veggies.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Last year was the first year in 12 years that I didn't have a salsa garden. I got my elderly mother last year and she was quite ill during the summer. I missed my garden so much. This year she is better and I hope to find time to plant again. I have a big yard with a large garden spot. I have white grapes, 2 apples and a peach tree. In the garden I will plant:

Roma, beefsteak and cherry tomatoes, corn, several different kinds of peppers like chili, jalape�os, habaneros, bells, banana peppers, carrots, onions. All that goes in the salsa, plus chopped celery which doesn't grow in my climate zone.

I usually bottle about 36 to 48 quarts of salsa that I make my own label for. One year it was flames for the 'Hotter than Hell Salsa.' Another year it was the radioactive hazard symbol and we named it Chernobyl Chili Sauce. I give it out with chips and cheese for Christmas gifts and my family eats a lot too.

Then I also plant cabbages, green beans, sweet peas, radishes, zucchini and yellow crook neck squash, cucumbers and the biggest sunflowers ever. Year before last they were 12 feet tall with 20" heads. I have a pic somewhere, I'll post when I find it.

I do love to garden!

Oh, I saw someone mentioned lavender . . . be warned, lavender grows into rather large shrubs. It's not something you want in a vegetable garden. I have two bushes of it in my front flower garden and I make woven sachet wands out of the blooms. Lavender is a wonderful healing and relaxing herb. Put it in your bath, drink it in tea, sprinkle the flowers on ice cream and put it in your closets and pockets of stored coats. It's good aroma therapy for headaches.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Mr. Green
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Simba wrote:
[My banana tree] has been in for a year now, so I am hoping to get some fruit this season... Thumbs up

That's great, Simba! I think the main trick is to give your tree lots and lots of water. Also, if you've only got one tree growing, be sure to let all the suckers that come up around the base grow as well. When they are almost a couple meters tall you can replant some of the suckers to spread them out. Each tree only produces bananas once so you need the suckers for your next crop! They won't look very happy at first, but just keep giving them water.

Sand Timer 25 months, <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1014373">Mr. Scot</a> "Skipper has never communicated to us since the campaign event took place last year. we did'nt get a cent from that event either."
Sand Timer 24 months, <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119437">Mr. Uche-uka</a> "There is no way that I would have put in this enermous amount of time, work and money without being serious with this huge task ahead of building and running an orphanage."
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here to donate to 419Eater</a>
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Serious?? A banana tree only produces one crop and dies?? I didn't know that. I know they won't grow anywhere there's frost. LOL, there's a foot of snow in my garden right now.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

a banana tree is not a tree... its a grass

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My Crocus! jump_4_joy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Packman wrote:

MY GOD, what kind of lawn mower do you need for THAT??? Shocked
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ACME Jenuwyne Shuper-Duper Biggh Grahs Kutehr, of course!

(Apologies to non-interactive fiction junkies)

Currently running 1 hopeful leprechaun, 2 rich widows, 2 lotteries, 1 scammer, and 1 deposed NSA official.

"My command is your wish."- Bob
My Email Parser baiting tool!

pony pony pony Jolly Roger
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@BA a big ass one

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Still frozen up here. Crying or Very sad

click

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Packman sez:
Quote:

Actually, bananas are herbaceous perennials. We have Jamaica Reds, Gross Mitchells, Pijang Rei, Apple, Finger and Blogo bananas here, with plantains. I have about 600 species of trees, and a lot of medicinal plants. This year I planted out just short of 200 dwarf coconuts, both Phillipine and Malayan cultivars to avoid Lethal Yellowing Diseas.

Mr Green, what kind of bananas are those? Are they Cavendish? Where are you (more or less)? I am in Central America.

We also have a garden of annual crops, cucumber, cabbage, tomato, okra, cilantro, etc. And a small corn field...

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Baek Ðu San
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Kudos to my landlady who has given me permission to grow climbing beans on my balcony! It took some bargaining, though. I had to agree to also growing tomatoes and giving some of them to her. Laughing

Last year I planted two tomato plants, that yielded a lot of tomatoes. Shocked
I had so many that I didn't know what to do with them. Confused
so I ended up making tomato sauce, salsa sauce and tossed the rest of the harvest into the refrigerator. If I remember correctly I had three of the lower shelves full of tomatoes.

note: I didn't have to buy tomatoes from my local grocery store all summer.

so I guess you should have more than enough to share with your landlady. ^_^
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

blueberrys!

i`ve just picked up my 7th bush, its second season so should be good!

*THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH MY TIME, PLEASE KINDLY FORGET ABOUT THIS TRANSACTION
*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not the only one around my home that is growing something. My neighbor showed me his prize today. Shocked

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
h4x27h3m4x
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm growing a beard! Razz
Dont have the room to plant anything, much less the patience.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic