SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Authentic address?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mustapha Sorbum
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got an email today, which has the heading of:
Quote:
W1LLIAM M00RE LAW F1RM
Miter House, 160 Aldersgate Street,
London EC1A 4DD
TEL: +(44) 704 011 0642
Registration number: OC310335
VAT Registration number: 691181919

Typical "you are a beneficiary of *insert name you've never heard of here* and are due to receive lots of money" email.

It's highly likely that this lad doesn't actually reside at this address, but it does appear that there is indeed a solicitors at this address:
Quote:
Mitre House, 160 Aldersgate Street
London
EC1A 4DD

He had asked me to respond immediately by filling in a short form confirming that I am eligible to receive the funds, etc. etc.

Of course, Mr. Sorbum is old-fashioned and has printed the e-mail out, filled in the details and sent it on to the postal address supplied Twisted Evil

(I haven't really, although I wonder if anyone else has?)

Help the Sorbums - donate to the Sorbum Relief Fund
(Link actually for donations to this site.)
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, they usually get mad at you for not following directions. It's such an inconvenience, really... Twisted Evil

Currently running 1 hopeful leprechaun, 2 rich widows, 2 lotteries, 1 scammer, and 1 deposed NSA official.

"My command is your wish."- Bob
My Email Parser baiting tool!

pony pony pony Jolly Roger
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Or course we NEVER fill out forms for the lads. Laughing

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@hacker9

Mine's currently demanding that i return to London (before the deadline runs out) to WU him the money after the bank in Scotland was flooded out. The only places open are the pub and the post office, so i kindly sent him a postal order via the Royal Mail.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Mustapha Sorbum
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hacker9 wrote:
No, they usually get mad at you for not following directions. It's such an inconvenience, really... Twisted Evil

Well, I did follow directions. He didn't state which method should be used to return the form Laughing

kurat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I always say that I haven't got a printer/scanner, so I can't fill it.
Then I use the "I trust you 100% and I am giving you legal permission to fill it for me...but please send the filled/scanned form to my email, so i could just check it over".
This almost always works Twisted Evil

EDIT: congrats on your 100th post Smile

Cellphone x107
"I believe that you would not want to hear more of a lawyer language and grammars" - Saint Patrick
"so for my lawyer I want to also seriously sit on the emails I have received" - Mrs. N1na M1lha
"If i don't see you guys today.I probably would starve and have no where to sleep as i cant access my account here while some are low on cash" - Jo3l Akum1ah
Mustapha Sorbum
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Our friendly barrister replied to my mail at 1 AM this morning. Boy, do they work long hours!
Quote:
Dear 50rbum, That's MR. 50rbum to you!

I thank you for the e-mail.

I have not recieved any document from you, as i have checked my mail for today. I will check tomorrow as well, please let me know how it was sent. You can send via fax if possible, here is my fax number {snipped}. Thank you.

Your in service
Bar. W1lliam M00re.

It was sent by mail, duh! First class via the Post Office, the best you can get. If he asks for more information I'll grab a "Special Delivery" label and give him an unused tracking reference (each one is unique so I can destroy the label afterward).

Anyway, rather than take the pro-active corrective route, I've decided to whine about how unfortunate it is the mail didn't reach him, and be blind to the fax number:
Quote:
Dear W1lliam M00re,

That is a most unfortunate thing. I sent the documents back to you immediately upon receipt, by post. They went first class to you. Usually you will receive these next-day after sending.

I do hope they get to you.

Thank you for the time of your response.
Lulz,
M. 50rbum

Hopefully he won't know what "lulz" is (it's a more bizarre version of "lol", for those that don't know). I was just amused at the time he replied at. This should come across as "thanks for replying to me quickly" - that's my intention, anyway.

Next steps... I guess he won't receive the mail, although I will by that point have sent a second copy in the post. Or what about if the letter was hand-delivered? Could go round in circles, or could fail miserably.

If he asks me to fax, then sure, that can be done. But unfortunately my fax will be broken and will jam after half a line causing a nice long page of lines. Hmm wait - perhaps it could cause several pages like that. Does anyone know of any good online fax services that don't add extra headers or front pages?

Finally if he asks me to reply by e-mail... Well I can try writing on the screen and e-mailing him the original form with nothing new on it, then complain that I now have writing all over my screen or something.

I'm also curious that he has a typical Yahoo! advert in Chinese letters at the bottom of his email... What should I make of that?

-- UPDATE --

Just got this rather bland response:
Quote:
Good day M. 50rbum,
I have read your e-mail.

I want you to know i have not received the letter today 13th March, 2008. I have told you to send the document via fax, this will be a quicker and more secure way to receive it. I want to read from you soonest.

Regards,
Bar. M00re.

Fine! Have it your way... I'll just roll over on my back for you.
Quote:
Good morning, Bar. M00re.
That is rather frustrating. I'll have to set my fax machine up - haven't used it in a while! Give me a few minutes and I'll tug one off for you.

M. 50rbum

Now, there's a slight snag in that his fax number doesn't appear to be a UK number (709 xxx xxxx) - all UK area codes start with a 0. Oh well, that'll put a spanner in the works when I try to use the "quicker" method of faxing!

William Wankur
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't push it at this point. He doesn't give a crap about the form.

On the other hand, when you accidentally send the cash by post instead of westy, he'll be far more upset.

I do this almost every time a lad gives a complete address.

"Why are you making me feel stupid?" - Mike Tutu

$5 Million in fake checks and counting!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic