SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Explorer vs Firefox

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mrbigtime
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have always used explorer and up until about 2 weeks ago it worked just fine... my vista system started doing funny stuff all of a sudden and i couldnt figure out why... I read somewhere that firefox was a better browser and downloaded it yesterday and it seems to have remedied most of my issues. I'm not sure if possibly one of my recent updates gave me the sudden issues or not but I was wondering if anyone had had similar issues or their opinions between the 2 browsers

I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT YOUR $130 CANNOT BUY ME ABOTTLE OF BEER IN MY COUNTRY

I believed you should be trying to pull my legs and let it be so as I will not like to tolerate such attitude from you

Please brother stop that joke, it is an expensive joke that can cause hyper tension.

BECAUSE IN MY VILLAGE WE DONT HAVE A TELL PHONE
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firefox hands down. Much more stable, and safer too. IMO.
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am going against my better senses and agreeing *cringe* with Harry *double cringe*

I don't know what issue Explorer is having with you, what is it doing? Personally I do stay away from Vista.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Harry too. Download the new Firefox 3 beta, it's very, very fast indeed.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firefox...

and if i ever get a new pc i'll go linux too.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's umpteen (exactly) reasons why you should use Firefox and not IE. To name but a few:

It's Open Source
It's Standards compliant
It's extensible
It's faster at rendering pages
It's not heavily integrated into the OS, therefore it's more secure
It's got less security holes, and when they're discovered, they're fixed pretty much instantly.

I make a lot of websites, and if everyone used Firefox (or pretty much any not-internet-explorer browser) my job would be a hell of a lot easier.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firefox, though Opera is solid as well. http://www.opera.com/

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IE is integrated into the system, so it has many ways to screw ITSELF up.
Firefox...the best way to surf the tubes of the internets.

Cellphone x107
"I believe that you would not want to hear more of a lawyer language and grammars" - Saint Patrick
"so for my lawyer I want to also seriously sit on the emails I have received" - Mrs. N1na M1lha
"If i don't see you guys today.I probably would starve and have no where to sleep as i cant access my account here while some are low on cash" - Jo3l Akum1ah
mrbigtime
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ OOF

I think one of the updates made a difference

-Yahoo IM kept dropping in and out ( very annoying)
- Couldnt open my mail from the mail icon
-when i tried to open mail from the system tray it would automatically open my norton
- computer would lock up and couldnt close the pages, had to power down and it would do a scan disk everytime i rebooted

to name a few... and daily i would find more

I have been running all these things for about a yr with no problems and all of a sudden these things would come up one at a time over the past couple weeks and finding more daily. Running a scan would find nothing and even went to microsoft website and ran some scans that found nothing so I'm 90% sure its not a virus as much as some program conflicts

I believed you should be trying to pull my legs and let it be so as I will not like to tolerate such attitude from you

Please brother stop that joke, it is an expensive joke that can cause hyper tension.

Lobo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have to agree with everyone else. I started out with IE, and had nothing but problems.
Haven't had a single issue since I switched to firefox
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Bigtime - I doubt it is a virus just from what you are saying. You might try uninstalling some of the recent updates and see if that helps. Also just google your problems and see if others have had the same, usually if they have they already know what update caused it. You can go right to the source that way. Smile

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Dunny_budgie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

grab the firefox addon called fasterfox and if you want to know when an earthquake happens grab EQuake as well ,
also foxsaver is another good addon ,

theres loads of addons on the addon site
out of em all i like faster fox set it to load sites like lightning Smile
what ever you do dont download IE 8 Beta i d/loaded installed it few days ago but the beta IE8 had more bugs in it than a lads bum.
Dunny
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I switched to XP, Explorer soon became FUBAR'd, and I kept getting virii and popup hell. Then my register got buggered up, and my home page became largeladiesbendingover.com or somesuch, and didn't want to go back to being bbc.co.uk. Embarassed

Since switching to Firefox I had very few problems, and don't get popups if I don't want them. I have kept IE on my computer, but only use it if I really can't use a site with Firefox (rare).

One bit I really like is Firefox's eBay companion - there is an Ebay icon on the toolbar, if I click it a window opens down the side of the screen, with updates on my current auctions & watched items. If anyone outbids me, even when it's not turned on, I get an alert.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^It is the gmail manager that makes all the difference for me, one click to check all your baiting emails, oh so nice. I will check out that ebay one though that sounds good too.

pony Mortar x4
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firefox. I've had some issues with updates killing off RealPlayer but managed to get things sorted.

As a smug Apple user, IE isn't even on my system.

Quote:
my home page became largeladiesbendingover.com

@Roy - did you keep that when you switched? Wink

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firefox, hands down.

Only draw back is that it sucks some RAM.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
mrbigtime
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks , all good info

not sure which version i have but its the latest version from the firefox website... icon says mozilla firefox ... It seemed to have fixed a lot of my initial issues and I'm going to give it a spin and see how it goes... I am not so much concerned about RAM usage as I have upgraded to 4 gigs... apparently windows maxes out at 3.3gigs with the 2 - 2gig chips... and for all the vista haters... I would have rather stayed with my XP that i was used to but have become used to vista and have started to grow fond of it...

bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like firefox because of all of the security (and convenience) extensions that are available.

Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Get yourself the adblock, noscipt, exif viewer and gmail notifier addons, and you'll find not only your browsing experience, but baiting will be easier as well.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@mrbigtime, actually you would still have had to upgrade to XP 64 as it's due to XP and Vistas 32 bit underpinning that you can't see more then 4 GB of RAM per application.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firefox every time.

I only ever use IE if there's a page that Firefox can't read (sometimes you can't click links). But this happens so rarely, I could quite easily delete IE and never use it again.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the best reason for *not* using IE is that it's IE.

Simple.
mrbigtime
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to throw this out there for comments...

This is part of an email conversation from a friend i've known for over 25 yrs... He has been a computer geek since the 1st computer came out to the public and the person i trust the most for computer issues... He runs his own business as a contractor keeping networks up and running...

As with anyone who is computer literate ... he has his favorite software picks and everything else is inferior... I just want a different take Confused

I wrote:
Quote:
I am starting to think its a software compatbility issue, from one of my windows updates possibly. i have it set to ask me before updating ... i usually give it a week or 2 before i just update just to see if it had any probs... I googled the problem a few times and tried different
things... but using firefox instead of explorer has seemed to make a big
difference so far... and i am getting a lot of praises about firefox... most of them are from UK.. and also trying to sell me on linux... these are the new computer geek friends i have from 419 eater... but i dont know any of them personally ... and you are still the only person i know that i would trust to invite on here to look around... know what i mean

scan disk has found nothing, i have upgraded to 2 -2 gig chips and it
still shows 3.3gigs avail... which is what it said when 1st adding it...
i read somewhere that windows maxes out at that with the 4 gig
upgrade...not sure where i saw that...

I would still like you to come look around if you could... i could pay
you on a need to basis... ive been ok since the last time i had you on
... and this is a new laptop as of about 8 months or so ago... 2
gig processor... 4 gigs ram... 200 gig built in hd and i partitioned it
to a 120gig and a 80 gig... c drive has my windows and d drive has only
a little bit of music so far.. about 10 gigs... i have a 500 gig stand
alone hd that i keep most of my shit on... the built in doesnt have any
more than maybe 50 gigs total on my computer drive

I have never had a blue screen , error message or anything... but when
loading pages sometimes it will lock up and i have to hit the power
button to shut it off a couple times... also ive had a couple times where
i did a restart and it would get to the shut down screen and go nowhere
for hours...( i would restart and leave the room , come back 2 hrs
later and the same screen still saying shut down)... thats the times i
know i had to hit the power button... i know its not good to do it that
way but i done know of any other way to do it

His response
Quote:
Lol, that is so funny! Linux is super big in the UK. The problem is that there is no software library to speak of. When you need to accomplish something you could spend weeks searching for a software solution. In the end you might come across some halfway finished title that a mediocre linux hacker assembled in his basement. The philosophy of a free and simple operating system is noble, but unrealistic in the U.S., where consumers demand clean and working software worth paying for.

I have a couple versions of linux that I use for utilities, but to depend on it for the day-to-day requirements of even the novice PC user is just not feasible. That being said. Firefox will completely fuck your computer up, especially once you start adding plugins and stuff. Windows just doest get along with it for the most part.

Ulquiorra Schiffer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have no comments, just a picture Wink

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont really understand what your trying to say there Question

the explorer side of that pic... i have never seen 90% of those tool bars... and i uncheck all the toolbars that i do recognize...

but in another thought... when i did download firefox... it had a whole shit pile of toolbars that came with it... again i unchecked all of them...

I am trying to ask a serious question and get some insight into a problem I am having... although it is always amusing to see a funny pic... it really didnt help too much Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic