SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hmm, opinions needed. (I think I know a scammer...)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bokku Ga Kira
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So, I've had this online friend from the Philipines for a while now; we met on a discussion forum several years ago; and she seemed to be quite a polite, respectable, intelligent person. Admittedly she wasn't one of my -closest- friends even in an online sense, but we'd always seemed to have gotten along fairly well, and she seemed like a nice, decent girl.

The thing was, this evening, we were having a conversation, and she brought up something along the lines of "pretending to date rich Americans" online to make money. She gave me some whole long story on how her family is poor, etc. and I must say, outside of this incident, she does seem to be a respectable girl.

So really, what course of action do you think I should take? I know her relatively well I can consider possibly trying to talk her out... but I think money probably speaks louder than words, and I'd have no proof she stopped. I'd considered in a worst-case scenario alerting authorities, but I have no direct proof other than a chat log, and no real info on her other than her name and email address...

So really, since the majority of you are probably more experienced at this sort of thing than I am, what course of action would you suggest I take?
mrsandman
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You could bait her from a different address, to see if she is definately a scammer?

What you do after that I'm not sure, because you don't have a great deal of information on her.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, good point. Though I doubt she'd be stupid enough to scam on the email address I know her on, considering it has (presumably) her real name on it.

It's just kind of odd really; I always thought scammers were scum, and she seemed ... better than that.
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I once baited a girl from the Philipines and also got to talk to her a couple of times on YIM.
She too was a really nice girl, and I talked to her to consider stopping what she's doing and better get a proper job.

Well, she said she doesn't really want to do it, but that she tries to earn the money to go back to school. Well, I tend to believe her, because after I confronted her that I knew she's lying she opened up about quite some things.

As said, she also was a really nice girl, good to talk to and pretty (I have real trophies, but won't publish those because she's nice.).

So, the only thing I see that you can really do is try to talk to her. If you consider her your friend, even just "sort of", I don't think you should bait her. If she also considers you a friend it might even be that she listens to you.

I know that the situation in the Philipines isn't exactly as nice as the weather and some places there, but still it should be possible to find a normal job to earn money, even if it maybe doesn't give the same amount of money, but at least it'll also help with the self-respect.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Talk to her about it,

Dont try to talk her out of it yet, but ask questions, "how on earth do you do that", you could tell her the greedy Americans deserve it to try and pry more information out of her. Tell her you understand but wonder why and how she is doing it.

If you have recieved any emails from her you could do a search on her IP which may give you some results. If you haven't recived any emails then find a reason to get her to send you one.

You may also have some success by doing a search on her name and the user details you have now. Not all Pinnays use false information.

If you are still not sure email me anything you have, name, date of birth, user ID and email address and I can see if I can dig something up for you.

I would of course not do anything (that she knows or will find out about) without your consent.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ask her how pretending to date gets her money - her method and success may answer the question for you as to what you should do.

Purple Flower
Ambush7
"kak shoveler"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been to the Phillipines (I spent 45 days there) and yes poverty is very high however, I doubt she is that poor. If she has access to a computer chances are she is better off than most in that country. Consider that before you buy into her sob story.

Most, even the poor, are hard workers and are willing to do what it takes to make a living. There are allot of industries she can get a job in if she is willing to work. Japan, China, Taiwan, and the U.S. have allot of business interest's there.

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Bokku !

You have nothing except suspicion to report to authorities, so forget that idea.
As you don't disclose the context of the email exchange, I assume you may be using your real name. You do say her email may have her real name on it. If you suspect a scam, and she(?) has any of your real information, you may well be the intended victim.
Unless I misunderstand this, do not attempt to bait with your real details.

I will send a photo copy of your draft to your state security agent with all your information that you are using the money to finance TERRORIST in America that you have received one already, and you also involved in the slept 11 attack.
NA BABA GOD GO PUNISH INA LIVES ANY WHERE INA DEY PLUS
UR BASTARD GOMER COS IN NO BE MISTER ATALL U SILLY
SCOMBERGS U NA DEY CUTT MY JOBS ABI.NO WORRY I NO GO
TELL UNA AGAIN,BUT IF UNA TRY AGAIN UNA NO GO WAKE
FROM SLEEP THE VERY NEXT MORNING I MEAN U WILL BE
MURDERED WITHOUT WARNING THE VERY NEXT MORNING NINFO . Walter Savvidez

pony
Bustyn_Yuhrass
Forever n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bait her. You could bait her from the addy that you've been using to communicate with her already. She's a liar and a thief, so I have no doubt that she'll go along with scamming you too. Tell her she doesn't need to do the scam thing, that you have money and you could help her out. All you'll need is for her to take a couple photos (preferably in a thong), and send them to you. Be sure to post those here by the way. Wink Then you can have her perform a few menial tasks (just so she feels like she's earning the money you know). I bet you can even get a safari out of this one.

Whatever you do, don't feel sorry for her. She's a liar and a thief, and she deserves to be baited blind.

Mortar x4

banghead
pony pony pony
bill mcdill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hell, I'll bait her, gimme her addy and a reason why I would have obtained her addy and let me se what's up.

United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana Ivory Coast Russia United States Canada Switzerland Ukraine Netherlands Saudi Arabia Benin United Nations Australia Austria Ireland Spain Germany Italy France Malaysia Portugal Brazil South Africa Sweden Thailand China Japan Bulgeria
pyramid x4 Mortar x5
Safari J03L Akum14h - Accra to Tamale and back again (co-bait with Kurat)
"So if i may ask,who bangs you?" J03L Akum14h
"I like a chicken. I shall tell about it somehow." S4tty
"In fact, our correspondent is almost arrested by the security agent for bringing in fake information" Barrister W0ngM@rtins
"hey what fuck are u don't reply bul sheet go to heal" Mr. Samuel (a jilted love lad)
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bokku please do not bait her as she knows you.
Authorities are not likely to take any action based on your suspicions, especially if there is no victim to report a crime. If you want her baited to confirm what you are saying, please post in the love forum and have someone experienced with these types of scams, bait her.

edit:
moved here.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
So, I've had this online friend from the Philipines for a while now; we met on a discussion forum several years ago

leave it at that, don't get involved, she has obviously not asked you for money, all she has done is talk to you about her life, you have talked to her, but not tried to alter her lifestyle, or if you have , she has had to make her own decisions based on what she sees around her

If you are listening to people who don't live there, and they are saying BS, sorry, I'd rather believe the girl. I've lived there, and yes they do scam for money, also to actually find someone outside the Phillipines to move to and be with

Internet connections are relatively cheap there, they make most of the computers we all use

My advice is to stay as friends, if you have been in contact with her for as long as you say, you obviously like talking to her, and she you

Just don't send money

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Bustyn_Yuhrass
Forever n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta wrote:
Bokku please do not bait her as she knows you.

Sorry, I didn't think of that. Lotta is right (of course). That's why she's is a big shot and I am not.

I wouldn't remain friends with this scammer chick though. A scammer is a scammer. Don't become a LHN (Lad Hugging NooB). Seriously, lads suck, in all sizes, shapes, and forms. They are to be the recipients of our wrath, not receivers of our embrace. Besides, these Vlads or love scammers are what I consider to be the worst of the worst. They'll not only steal your money, they'll rip your f@*king heart out just for good measure.

Mortar x4

banghead
pony pony pony
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Where's Wayne? He loves the Pinays.

Lots of lads confess to scamming too. Don't fall for thinking you're special, hon. According to Wayne, the Pinay Master Baiter, most of them don't come right out and ask for money. They generally load their vics up on sob stories and 'pity poor little me' tales. They wait for YOU to offer to help them out.

The way I see it here, you're probably STILL being scammed. Dump her.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

rootuser wrote:
As said, she also was a really nice girl, good to talk to and pretty (I have real trophies, but won't publish those because she's nice.).

Huh? She is nice, yet she steals money from people? I don't follow that logic one bit. I say post them all over the internet for everyone to see. She is scum. Anyone who steals from someone for gain is a low life and deserves to be treated as such.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Sgt Cho
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AMEN jojobean

'call me what ever you like my God is biger than yours amen' bekija zuma

'why is the government allowing people like you to live among human beings. People like you are suppose to be at the zoo.' janice churton

'Please come and f* me my love,your bobs are driving me crazy' EO

Cellphone x 88 Mortar x2
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure, she may do the wrong thing, but still she was good to talk to.
And I believe that after I told her I know what she was up to she was quite honest to me. Maybe not 100%, but I guess mostly.

Maybe not all people just do this because they are "just bad". We should not just see everything black and white, but also acknowledge the nuances of gray in between.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Bustyn_Yuhrass
Forever n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

rootuser wrote:
Sure, she may do the wrong thing, but still she was good to talk to.

That's like saying, "My wallet always came up missing after I was with her, but still she was good in the sack".

rootuser wrote:
Maybe not all people just do this because they are "just bad". We should not just see everything black and white, but also acknowledge the nuances of gray in between.

Maybe people are just people, and some of those people choose to do bad things, like lie, cheat, steal, rape, murder, etc. And maybe the rest of civilized society chooses to imprison, harass, ridicule, or otherwise make life miserable for people who choose to behave in these ways. Call it our way of dissuading such behavior. It is our responsibility. Doing or saying nothing constitutes complicity. Qui tacet consentire videtur! (He who keeps silent is assumed to consent)

I see no gray area when it comes to a thief attempting to swindle an honest person out of his or her honestly gained money. It's not a gray area just because a chick has a hot body and a pleasant personality. In my opinion it just makes her a more effective thief.

Mortar x4

banghead
pony pony pony
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OldBaglady wrote:
Where's Wayne? He loves the Pinays.

Did I hear my name being mentioned? If you PM murry or myself her details, we'll look into it. But please don't post up her details in the forum for now. Too many people all ganging up at once on a scammer can make them suspicious and could make them switch address.

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jojobean wrote:

Huh? She is nice, yet she steals money from people? I don't follow that logic one bit. I say post them all over the internet for everyone to see. She is scum. Anyone who steals from someone for gain is a low life and deserves to be treated as such.

I agree with Jojo 100%

I will tell my family member that got scammed that its ok because the scammers where good to talk too and had their best interests at heart Rolling Eyes

Malaysia
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic