SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Steroids in sports - Is there no shame?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Baseball, Football, Olympics, and now
Chicken Fighting

Quote:
Raid Targets Illegal Cockfighting Breeding Farm

WATSONVILLE, California

Santa Cruz County animal welfare officials have
busted a farm filled with some 200 fighting cocks "pumped full of
steroids" -- the latest Bay Area raid targeting the illegal industry.

Authorities stumbled onto the illegal operation when they visited the
farm to investigate a complaint about cattle neglect. The cattle were
discovered in good condition, but the rooster pens were spotted nearby.

"These birds are so conditioned, pumped full of steroids, pumped full of
vitamins", Stosuy told the Santa Cruz Sentinel. "They're super athletic,
super aggressive. Most can't be adopted out to the general public...
Most do have to be euthanized due to their aggressive nature".

Story:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/15525308/detail.html

Chicken on steroids:

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very good. Laughing

On a serious note, as an ex competitive cyclist, I used to idolise the 7 times Tour De France king of the mountains cyclist, Richard Virenque. Then I found out it was all a sham and he'd been on performance enhancing drugs all that time. It rips the heart out of a sports fan I tell you, and I fell out of love with cycling after that. Whenever a sportsman achieves something remarkable these days, my first thought is always "Yes, but what has he/she been on to do that?"

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^There is a perfectly good now retired cyclist from the states you could idolize. Never tested positive for anything, no matter what the French cyclist community claims, and was the most tested athlete in the world before he retired.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not opposed to human athletes using steroids. I don't think it creates ability that didn't exist b4. It's like practicing & that's not banned. As much as it costs to go to professional sports events, dammit I want to be mesmerized, utterly amazed & if they have to be chock full of roids to provide that then so be it. They are adults, they know what they are doing and the risks, etc.

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Yes, Lance was and is a legend. The trouble is, and this is the point I'm making, that whatever he's achieved is constantly brought into question by what all the cheats around him did. I still have a shadow in my mind where I wonder whether he was on something that we still don't know about.

That's no fault of Lance's, (I hope) it's the fault of the cheats. And this is why I say they ruin sport for everyone.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^That is a good point. You can start to see the effects of that thinking in Major League Baseball now.

@theFife - I have a problem with it when it is illegal and it does give them something they didnt have. They are not actually earning those muscles they are just juicing them up. Also what precedent does this set for high school and college athletes, if the pros are doing it why cant they?

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Even on steroids the athlete still has to train & they still have the ability to perform at that level without them. Ok so maybe a guy wouldn't be hitting a home run almost every time he's up at bat, but he can hit a home run when not on any juice. It's not like you can sit back taking them & become some super athlete. If that were the case, anybody could do that & we'd all be famous athletes.

Also, I don't subscribe to pro athletes being "role models". Most of their lives off the field/court are jacked up, they are hardly worthy role models. I also think deifying them is a mistake. They are human beings. Thinking because they have a special talent means mere mortals should emulate them is naive. High school athletes taking steroids is a separate issue and really doesn't relate to my opinion about pros. You don't have to pay to see HS sports. Same for college, unless it's a tourney. But most college players are over 18, so again, they can make the decision for themselves.

But if it costs almost $200 for 2 people to sit in the nosebleed section at a pro basketball game, I want maximum overload entertainment. I could really care less if everyone on the court is juiced up b/c at those prices the least they could do is provide high level excitement from start to finish.

That is just my perspective as a consumer, not as a moral authority of any sort.

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Love the Lance. Got the jersey this week, the pants last month and the bike last year. Its heavier than my trials bike but rides so much smoother. Twenty-five years ago I was considering entering competitive cycling and was told by a sports professional that the only way to compete was by taking steroids. He told me he could tell who had taken them by looking at the person's "moon face". He said it was from the loss of connective tissue all over the person's body. I notice this shape on the faces of all those people on the news that say they never used steroids. His own body was a mess from the steroid abuse but he gave me three doctor's phone numbers to call. His method was to get prescriptions from all of them. Needless to say, I smiled, thanked him and threw away the business cards.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate

Last edited by Connie L. Gus on Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugatu wrote:
^^ Yes, Lance was and is a legend. The trouble is, and this is the point I'm making, that whatever he's achieved is constantly brought into question by what all the cheats around him did. I still have a shadow in my mind where I wonder whether he was on something that we still don't know about.

Actually there was a 20/20 episode on Lance that told how his heart is twice the size of most peoples and that is one of the reasons he was so athletic.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Miguel Indurains lungs were similarly twice the size of a normal humans. His resting heart rate was 35bpm. But no-one is saying that these people were not super human, what I am saying is that no matter what they achieve, it will always be in doubt because of the cheats who used steroids.

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Freshman year in college my lung volume was 2.7 times average. The closest I will ever get to the Tour is the bike, the jersey and the pants.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Connie L. Gus wrote:
Freshman year in college my lung volume was 2.7 times average.

Yeah, but you're just a bit wierd. Very Happy

Connie L. Gus wrote:
The closest I will ever get to the Tour is the bike, the jersey and the pants.

You and me both mate. Wink

TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thefife wrote:
^^ Even on steroids the athlete still has to train & they still have the ability to perform at that level without them. Ok so maybe a guy wouldn't be hitting a home run almost every time he's up at bat, but he can hit a home run when not on any juice. It's not like you can sit back taking them & become some super athlete. If that were the case, anybody could do that & we'd all be famous athletes.

I am not saying they aren't athletes before taking steroids. They went through a lot of work to get where they are at. The reason they use steroids is varied but comes down to it will give them a chance at more money.

thefife wrote:
Also, I don't subscribe to pro athletes being "role models". Most of their lives off the field/court are jacked up, they are hardly worthy role models. I also think deifying them is a mistake. They are human beings. Thinking because they have a special talent means mere mortals should emulate them is naive. High school athletes taking steroids is a separate issue and really doesn't relate to my opinion about pros. You don't have to pay to see HS sports. Same for college, unless it's a tourney. But most college players are over 18, so again, they can make the decision for themselves.

I never said they were role models. What I am saying is if the pros are using steroids, then it sets a precedent. It means that the kid who is on the verge of making the pros in college will start to use steroids because the pros are doing it anyway. Then, when or if, he improves the other kids will have to start using just to keep up. Now the High School kids will see all the college kids, so they will think to compete I have to use steroids/HGH/whatever. It is a trickle down effect. It has already started if you pay attention to major colleges and even some high schools.

thefife wrote:
But if it costs almost $200 for 2 people to sit in the nosebleed section at a pro basketball game, I want maximum overload entertainment. I could really care less if everyone on the court is juiced up b/c at those prices the least they could do is provide high level excitement from start to finish.

To be honest, basketball is the least benefited sport from steroid use. I am not saying it doesnt happen because I am sure it does, but other sports get a greater benefit. Also the only way the prices will drop is if we all stop obsessing over sports and paying the ticket prices.

This is all just my two pence.

pony Mortar x4
RoyalFlush
Eater U Quiz winner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The fact remains that steroid use is against the rules. Yes, the athletes are adults and, as such, are free to choose what to do with/to themselves. But they willingly signed contracts, which means that they agreed to not use steroids (even if that isn't actually written into the contract, it's a common rule in many sports leagues and organizations).

If you don't want to follow the rules, then don't sign the contract.

It's you and your family that don't have ENOUGH BRIAN CELLS.

I am dying because of your love you,ve impacted in me.

pony
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Yes, the athletes are adults"

Probably were started on the stuff when they were chicks.

Fresh out of the egg and already on dope.

What a world!

I'll be back!

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's alright, steroids will be a thing of the past soon.

There is a already lots of research in the field of gene modification. Had a lecture on it last year and saw pictures of this mouse that was basically the incredible hulk of the mouse world.

Once they figure out how to turn the gene back off, then it won't be too long for it to be seen in the competitive sports world.

This one is pretty much impossible to catch too, if the virus used to initiate is specially designed for each athlete.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Adults have a right to put whatever crap into their body they want, and it is a good point that if the sporting events are going to cost that much it's nice to see legendary results.

The problem is, there are other adults playing the sport who have an equal right to choose not to put the crap into their body, and people who want to see real human ability that they can strive to imitate through hard work and perseverance.

It's not fair to those who don't want to use performance enhancing drugs, to play against those who do. Maybe we need dual sporting leagues - those where athletes are tested, and those where they aren't Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic