SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I should have scammed right back...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MrTosser

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

...but, I didn't even have the thought to - heard of this place exactly two days after the following:
I recieved a mail, in which I was told, I'd won a very generous amount of money. (I shall spare you the actual mail, because you've probably seen it before) Though from a company that doesn't exist, On a street that isn't there.. I sent them the following mail.

I wrote:

Dear Mrs. Nikki Vandith and/or Dr.Pol Steward and/or Mrs. Susan Edward
I must thank you for providing me with an entertaining full hour of detective hobby-activity.
I somehow question the validity of my so-called winnings, the main reason being I have no recollection of participating in any lottery. I'm flattered that you've been more generous in that I'm to recieve a sum of one million US$, whereas the other poor sods, who posted their mails on the WWW (look bellow) only varranted a measly half of that. The notification being the "final" one gives the whole matter a sense of urgency, though it leaves one with a question: whatever happened to the first and possible second notifications? hmmmm.

The claims of "ECODROMESOFTWARE FOUNDATION INTERNATIONAL COMPANY is a global leader in international software producers and one of the largest processor of software in the world since 1940." is hugely amusing, software? since 1940? Pray tell, what kind of computers did you make software for? Babbits difference engine?
Searched your company addy on the dutch online "yellow pages" and all i got was this: "U zocht 'ecodrome foundation international company' in '105b egastraat pigiristmag'
Helaas niets gevonden." Which means the company doesn't exist.

In fact there's no such street as Egastraat at all in Amsterdam, and what on earth is this Pigiristmag thingie?
and the postal codes are four digits, then two letters - you've only given three digits, which raises further suspicion.

The phone number given in the same mail (0031-630-817-558.) is a mobile phone (mobile phone numbers in Holland starts with the numbers 61, 62 or 63). Odd that you have a fax attached to that number, you'll agree?
I phoned said number and all i got was an automated answering machine.

I then did a Google search: http://www.google.dk/search?q=ecodrome+foundation+international+company&ie=UTF-8&hl=da&btnG=Google-s�gning&meta=
And found only three references, of which two were identical.

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg04930.html
"...held on the 25th of June, 2004. Your e-mail address attached to ticket
number; 56134642513916016 with serial number 6395-408AK, batch number
A51/10872004JJE, lottery reference number 6376527711 and drew from lucky numbers
58-7-27-46-47-69 which consequently won in the 4TH category, you have therefore been
approved for a lump sum pay out of US$500,000.00 (FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES
DOLLARS) only, payable in cash credited to security credited file numbers;
GWK/558B/5355/UAD in the Netherlands Payment Authority."

and on this site.
http://museuinutil.blogspot.com/
"...held on the 25th of June, 2004. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number; 56134642513916016 with serial number 6395-408AK, batch number A51/10872004JJE, lottery reference number 6376527711 and drew from lucky numbers 58-7-27-46-47-69 which consequently won in the 4TH category, you have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of US$500,000.00 (FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) only, payable in cash credited to security credited file numbers; GWK/558B/5355/UAD in the Netherlands Payment Authority."

Pray notice how the very "individual" batch number seems completely identical - plus every other code/number/seal.
I wonder if raising false hope in people might constitute a sue-able matter?
Even though i recieved the mail from [email protected] I've send this to your Email ([email protected]) as you've no doubt noticed, that is, if you read these things at all, which I strongly doubt.

Really Looking Forward to Your Answer
Yours Sincerely
Dr. Bob "Tosser" McAllistair TinTin Smith (Esq.)
22a Miskatonic Avennue,
666 Arkham
Massachusetts USAish

PS I have no doubt that with this answer, my mail addy will suddenly be swamped with spam.

Man I hope they answer. They did provide me with a fun detective game.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic