SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Patrick Swayze. Sad news.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bella
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very sad news!

Heard on the morning news that Patrick Swayze has only 5 weeks to live. Crying or Very sad
He has cancer and there is no more they can do for him

I loved him in Ghost and Dirty Dancing. He could help me make pottery anytime.

HELLO SIR, I AM SORY FOR THE DELAY OF THE REPLY OF YOUR MAIL, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT IT�S BECAUSE OF THE CRISTMAS, AND WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS MOST OF THE REFUGEE IN THE CAMP RUN AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK SO WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS THEY DON�T ALOW US TO GO OUT.- Lofty Kamara
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh no that is terrible news. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I loved him in those movies too.

Edit: I was looking around, it was apparently reported by a tabloid. His people are denying that he's dying & in fact making a movie as we speak. So he may live after all. Very Happy

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah
I've been searching for confirmation
Hope its not true even though i couldn't take him seriously as a hard man in Roadhouse
Bella
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This has just appeared on the New Zealand Yahoo xtra site

http://nz.entertainment.yahoo.com/080305/6/4bqm.html

Seems to be conflicting reports over the internet. Confused

HELLO SIR, I AM SORY FOR THE DELAY OF THE REPLY OF YOUR MAIL, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT IT�S BECAUSE OF THE CRISTMAS, AND WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS MOST OF THE REFUGEE IN THE CAMP RUN AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK SO WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS THEY DON�T ALOW US TO GO OUT.- Lofty Kamara
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First reported in The National Enquirer so most unlikely to be correct and this seems more likely:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20182300,00.html

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Patrick Swayze reportedly diagnosed with cancer

By Dan Whitcomb

1 hour, 11 minutes ago

Patrick Swayze, the dancer and star of such hit films as "Dirty Dancing" and "Ghost," has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, published reports said on Wednesday.

Swayze, 55, was diagnosed with cancer more than a month ago, the New York Post reported on its Web site, citing a representative for the actor.

The Post story follows similar reports in the tabloid press. Swayze's spokeswoman declined to comment to Reuters. No further details were available.

Swayze, 55, is best known for his role as dance instructor Johnny Castle opposite Jennifer Grey's character, infatuated teenager Frances "Baby" Houseman, in the 1987 movie musical "Dirty Dancing."

The film, which centers on an unlikely romance between the pair at a 1960s resort in the Catskills of New York, defied expectations to become a massive hit, earning both actors Golden Globe Award nominations.

Swayze performed the song "She's Like the Wind" for the movie's soundtrack and his signature line, "Nobody puts Baby in the corner," has become a pop culture staple

"Dirty Dancing," which also featured the Oscar-winning song "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" -- remains widely popular two decades later and is replayed almost constantly on TV in the United States.

Swayze went on to star alongside Demi Moore in the 1990 tear-jerker romance "Ghost," which also became a huge box office hit and was nominated for an Academy Award for best picture.

The Texas-born Swayze, whose dancer-choreographer mother owned a Houston ballet studio, began performing at an early age and got his start in show business as a dancer and on the stage before landing film and TV roles in Hollywood.

(Editing by Bob Tourtellotte and Sandra Maler)

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I'm definitely more inclined to believe People over Nat'l Enquirer. And the People article states:

Quote:
"Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far," Dr. George Fisher says in a statement. "All of the reports stating the time frame of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic." ....Swayze's diagnosis was initially reported by the National Enquirer and New York Post, which both characterized the cancer as more severe than Swayze's doctor has.

However, pancreatic cancer is one nasty-ass cancer and has a really high mortality rate. We can only hope that it's true they caught it early.

editing to add, from Wikipedia:

Quote:
Patients diagnosed with pancreatic cancer typically have a poor prognosis partly because the cancer usually causes no symptoms early on, leading to metastatic disease at time of diagnosis. Median survival from diagnosis is around 3 to 6 months; 5-year survival is much less than 5%[14] With 37,170 new diagnoses in the United States every year, and 33,700 deaths, pancreatic cancer has the highest fatality rate of all cancers and is the fourth highest cancer killer in the United States among both men and women

And from www.pancreatica.org:

Quote:
Each year more than 30,000 people in the United States are diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the pancreas and more than twice that in Europe. Most of these people will have passed away by the end of the first year....The median survival period from the time of diagnosis until demise is arguably the worst of any of the cancers. The median survival for untreated advanced cancer of the pancreas is about 3 � months; with good treatment this increases to about six months.

Regardless of what the rags say, the facts on this cancer speak for themselves. Crying or Very sad

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Sgt Cho
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats sad to hear, I loved him in the unintentionally funny anti communist movie Red Dawn.

'call me what ever you like my God is biger than yours amen' bekija zuma

'why is the government allowing people like you to live among human beings. People like you are suppose to be at the zoo.' janice churton

'Please come and f* me my love,your bobs are driving me crazy' EO

Cellphone x 88 Mortar x2
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From E-Online:

Long Link

Apparently Patrick might not be as bad off as rumor has it.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Are you trying to tell me that a source found on the internet may not be entirely true? Shocked

Next thing you'll be telling me that I didn't win the Spanish El Mundo lottery 15 times last week.
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Now would I tell you something like that? Of course ALL Internet sources are true, and you'll win the next lottery 15 times too. I just inherited $20M and I didn't have to lift a finger. It's too bad that we're both full of BS.

Laughing Laughing

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, let's talk some facts here. What we DO know is that he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Here are some numbers:

Fewer than 10% of people with pancreatic cancer are diagnosed with local disease (cancer that has not spread beyond the pancreas to other organs), which is likely to be resectable (removed by surgery). Of those, the 5-year relative survival rate is about 20%.

Only 1 out of 4 pancreatic cancer patients are diagnosed with regional disease (with spread to nearby organs and tissues, but no evidence of distant spread). For them, the 5-year relative survival is about 8%.

The vast majority of pancreatic cancer patients are diagnosed with distant disease, where the 5-year relative survival is about 2%.

These numbers are from the American Cancer Society.

I don't mean to sound gloomy, but this is one gloomy disease. I've known several healthy men who were suddenly diagnosed - not one of them lasted more than a year. Even if he IS lucky enough to be among the 10% who catch it in the early stages, he still has only a 20% 5-year survival rate.

I'm a huge fan...and in fact a sometime-neighbor (never met the man, but I've seen him around town). I find this incredibly sad, and I will pray for him and his family.

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He will be missed and my favorite was "Dirty Dancing." Sad

My dear mother-in-law died of this in 1998 and she lived 35 days after the news. She had 5 daughter-in-laws and before her death she told me that I was her favorite. Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
My mother died of pancreatic cancer after a year's struggle.

Patrick Swayze's chances are not good, as Cachuma said. I don't know quite what to say except, maybe, "May he go with peace and dignity".

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pancreatic cancer is always Very Bad News Crying or Very sad I hope the treatment he receives gives him the time and space he needs to make peace with himself and his loved ones and that whatever time he has will be filled with laughter and love.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Codeine
Not quite a Newb

Location: Lagos Airport. What do you mean you can't see me? I'm right here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can see it now: "DEAR SIR, I AM THE WIDOW OF THE LATE PATRICK SWAYZE...."

But seriously, I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. Cancer's a horrendous thing for anyone to go through. Especially pancreatic cancer, as someone else pointed out, the mortaility rate for it is shockingly high.

"WHY DO YOU KEEP MAKING PROBLEM.... IT FEELS LIKE THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR EVER" - Shawn Franklin
<BR>
"DIE DIE IDIOT GOAT DEAD DOG" - Sung Lee
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So...now I feel like I've been hit the head with a sledgehammer.

In case anyone was wondering why I knew so much about pancreatic cancer, it's because a close friend of mine was found to have a large malignant tumor in her abdomen, just discovered a couple of days ago. We were waiting to find out the source of the cancer, and I was doing all kinds of research to determine what the possibilities might be. It could have been stomach, or uterine, or ovarian, or any of a number of other cancers...and after all my research I was praying it was ANYTHING but pancreatic.

We just found out. And it's pancreatic. She's stage 2, no chance for resection, no options for any kind of treatment other than paliative (maintaining comfort in the short time remaining).

She's 32 years old.

This is one nasty-ass disease. I hope and pray that Patrick Swayze's is localized, so he has a better chance than my friend.

Crying or Very sad

Bella
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cachuma, I am so sorry for your friend. This is such a devastating cancer.

There is not a lot one can say at this time but please give her our love and blessings.

Crying or Very sad

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cachuma, I am sorry! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I think I've told you all about my GF that is dying of cancer. In the fall they told her she had 12 to 14 months to live and she is not doing good.

Just in the last month there is 2 more terminal loved ones in my life. One cousin has Lou Gehrig and he is 58. I've watched 2 people die of this and it is horrible.

Another cousin has breast cancer and she is 51. It is tiny specks thru out both breast and now they are looking to see if it is anywhere else.

If I'm quiet here for awhile it is because I'm grieving and I want no one to take it personal.

Bella
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry to hear that Corona. Crying or Very sad
It is so sad that when one hears of somebody with this trauma facing them that so many others come out and tell of people that they love facing the same type of thing.
I send all your loved ones that are facing these trials my love and BIG hugs.
Love and special thoughts going out to all of you.

thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ It does seem that way. My mother was diagnosed with a GBM brain tumor a month ago. It gives pancreatic a run for it's money; the untreated 3 month survival rate is 0%. She's on palliative-only care too Cachuma . We went through this five years ago with my father, and it's a lot harder the second time around.

The sledgehammer eases off over the first week or so, and you're left with a sick stomach and a dull ache for the duration. The one good thing about cancer is that there is the chance to say everything you need to, but do it soon; later will be too late.

@corona, I can not think how hard it must be for you. My partner was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago but she opted for a mastectomy, and that put an end to it.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the kind words, and the advice. Sadly, this is something that many people have had to endure. This is the closest it's come to me since my Grandpa died of liver cancer when I was in highschool - but then it didn't seem so WRONG then, as he was in his 70's and had lived a great life. I understand we all have to go sometime, but for these people it's just too soon.

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to perk up this thread, right now! Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLWzZoDmhg&feature=related

Edit: Where is rumbero? Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic