SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New laptop, big problem: Help please!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just bought a new laptop, and I'm experiencing a bit of a problem with it.
When I am halfway through a long post or PM, there is sometimes a click and the page navigates back to the previous message or post. In the process, all the text I had written is dumped.

When this happens, my cursor is nowhere near the back navigation button. In fact it is always positioned somewhere on the text box.

Am I inadvertently doing some sort of "shortcut" to a previous page? It's bloody frustrating.

If it makes any difference, it's a Toshiba Equium A200, and it's running windows vista premium.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
SPAMALOT
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know my mouse has one of those annoying buttons that if you hit it and whamo you are at the page you were before.

Try going into the configuration of your touchpad, or mouse and check all the buttons or functions and remove the BACK one when you find it..

Just a thought but it probally is it

I want to believe you have sight deformities that i accepted as an excuse
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, some laptops have web browser navigation buttons you might accidentally be hitting. I checked Windows Vista and IE7 bug reports and nothing like this has ever been reported, so its not browser/OS related....

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just found it, there is indeed a web browser set of controls embedded into the edges of the touchpad. When you put your finger on the upper edge of the touchpad and trace it left, it performs a navigate back function. I've disabled it for now until I work out how to drive this thing properly.
Thank you both very much. Very Happy

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ You may wish to disable the touch pad entirely and use a USB mouse instead.

williamnorris
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Count yourself lucky... Very Happy On the old Satellites, if you were typing and rested your hand on the touchpad, it threw up Touch and Launch - a program that opens certain files and pages if you accidentally move your hand in a certain way... Rolling Eyes Anyone else remember that?

Fake bank kills: 2x United Kingdom

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here for enlightenment...</a>
RoyalFlush
Eater U Quiz winner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use a USB mouse with my laptop. Touchpads are fun for a while...until you accidentally run into the sector that scrolls the entire page up or down for you *sigh*

It's you and your family that don't have ENOUGH BRIAN CELLS.

I am dying because of your love you,ve impacted in me.

pony
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a laptop a couple of months back...was told I'd get used to the touchpad but I havent got time to wait, so I got myself a USB laser mouse Thumbs up

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
williamnorris
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You see, I do like using a mouse, but I've been using touch pads regularly since I was about 6 - you get really good at using them...

Sorry, that must have sounded incredibly nerdy - hey, what the hell, I'm online at 1am. Rolling Eyes

Fake bank kills: 2x United Kingdom

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here for enlightenment...</a>
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ You aren't alone william. However, I never use a mouse when PC gaming, except for WoW and Guild Wars....

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Get a USB wireless mouse. If you use the laptop a lot, get the home version. If the luggable goes on lots of trips and size is a factor, get the smaller one. They work great.

Firefox seems to remember what I've typed in. It could be my imagination. I keep the battery out of the laptop and only put it it for mission critical work. A slight jar of a power cord can cause a cold boot. Firefox recovers nicely every time.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, if you accidentally navigate to a different page while typing, hitting the Back function should simply restore both the page and text. Even IE7 does this.

DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ What he said. I think the clicking is the sound profile that is set to "on" as the default when installing. The browser navigation sound setting.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic