SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Recieved strange fax Att. mod

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tolin Dorden
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just recieved a fax that looks quite a bit like it could've been sent to a wrong number.

The scams I am baiting currently is the american soldier in iraq scams.. so what made me wonder, is that I got this fax with appearantly an optician's Release of Identifying Health Information note. It actually looks genuine, but I still feel a bit puzzled about this.. Don't feel like posting it in public, since it could be real patient info.

Any mod who can PM me an email I could forward it to, and give me a 2nd opinion?

Edit: could also be a clever lad, testing if I'm a baiter, and perhaps know bout K7?

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
Ah, I think the key here is K7

The K7 numbers are recycled if the account gets closed for no activity, so that could explain why you got a fax.

I would find it a stretch to believe that a legitimate optician would use K7, so it could be a residue from an old bait (interesting modality).

Worth talking to a mod though.

[Edit - just thought. The optician wouldn't know it was a K7 number, so his patient could have taken a K7 account and let it lapse]

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Tolin Dorden
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah it might be K7.. or simply someone dialling the wrong fax no.
Untill a mod gets back could someone take a look at the website listed in the fax? http://www.overlakeeyecare.com Seems a bit dodgy.. but.. might also be me being paranoid.. guess it comes with the baiting Wink

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod Edit: full requote of previous post removed. See it ^^^^

The site owner/registrant is coming up as good... Looks legit from my initial glance...
Were the last 4 numbers of the originating fax # 0859?

Malaysia x 1
Tolin Dorden
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well at least that is the last 4 digits of the fax no. listed on the fax. The originating no. is if I can decode fax msg's correct (been years since I've actually been using faxes) is 4013 tho. Could be from the patient, sending to someone else?

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had people send legitimate faxes to my K7 account.
One was from a Texas car repair place to a customer.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
Mr Fishe
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is not a lad testing you. How would sending a fax like that test anything? It's just been sent to you inadvertently.

Magic eye fun: Western Union MoneyGram
Pre-transfer red tape: Department of Homeland Security HM Revenue & Customs
Mandatory customer survey: Western Union

"I have decided to leave the church and join a travelling circus..." - the original and best
Tolin Dorden
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well could be he was cautious bout sending to a phonenumber with a fax included.. anyway I forwarded the fax to the email adress written on it, and just got a reply from the intended recipient:

Thank you very much for forwarding the fax. Yes, it is intended for me and is important.
Good things happen to good people - you will have something good happen to you because of this.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And just to complete the picture, the website you gave checks out.

Name and address is in Yellow Pages, are the same as on the website and are the same as the website registrant's details

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Faxes do accidentally get sent to the wrong person. I'm glad that you did get it to the intended recipient. One of my K7 numbers gets an occasional misdirected fax, the last one had a SSN and personal mortgage loan info on it. There was no originating number, so I couldn't contact anyone but it went through the shredder.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
thebutcher
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightly OT but is it possible to tell the difference between a normal number and a k7?

If I sent a k7 number to a lad could he tell that it's a k7 number?
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's no way to tell for sure. They all have 206 area codes but so does every other phone in the Seattle area. I did have one lad twig, he must have been baited before with K7 and realized it didn't match up to my alleged Beverly Hills address. Most lads are clueless about area codes, and with cell phones they're becoming meaningless anyway.

OTOH, there have been at least a few instances reported where the lads are using K7 so the word is getting out.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
thebutcher
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Juan Freizwidatt - Thanks for that. I don't know much about us phone numbers so for all I knew they could have been really obvious.
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm using jConnect for my baits where I'm pretending to be in the USA and they seem to allocate numbers at random although you can ask for a specific area code (at cost). I checked the number I was given and it is an area code in Pennsylvania - so I made up an addesss there.

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Richerthansin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1) Overlake Eyecare is legit and K7 area codes are local to them
so it was just a typo.
You could do them a courtesy and call them up
to let them know they sent it to the wrong number.

or not - it's obviously too late for that now.

2) There is a way to tell if you have a K7 number:
AFter someone leaves a message for you there, it prompts
for several things like redo your message, etc.
One of the prompts is - "To Enter your K7 security code, press xxxx"

But . . . I don't know of any lad that would be smart enough to hang on
after leaving their message.

"You have to take it serious because i forsee no great opportunity." - Mrs. Niko

". . . are you just bluffling about it?" - Joe Tran

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Premium Membership: It is truly painless!]</a>
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably pretty good advice, Richard, but this thread dropped off the pages months ago.

I'll lock this. The OP can contact you via PM if he chooses to.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic