SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Earthquake

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We didn't feel it down here in the South West.

I had to laugh at this quote from the BBC:

Quote:
Jamil Ali in Sheffield said: "I woke up and the first thing I thought was that there were a load of burglars in the house.

How often do burglars break in and shake all your furniture?

Incidentally, earthquakes occur all the time in the UK; but they're so small, you just don't feel them. The same goes for tornadoes - the UK has the highest concentration of tornadoes per surface area anywhere in the world, but they're normally mistaken for a light breeze. Surprised

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ah well slept through another earthquake and never felt a thing
again

Shocked

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Didn't notice a thing, I think I was in bed reading. Should've, iMike felt it and he's not far away.

I have noticed a couple before. I mistook one for Hayley running up the stairs like a baby elephant, she wasn't happy that I couldn't tell the difference. I dare say if we lived somewhere like Japan or Turkey I would be able to. Wink

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't feel the earth move in bed last night.
Didn't notice the earthquake either.

My sis in Bristol didn't notice it but a pal in Warrington was woken up by it.

My hubby and son experienced an earthquake in Tokyo.
Hubby said it was a bit alarming but the staff at the ryokan treated it as normal.
Son slept through it even when it rolled him out of bed ( he's a big lad )
Mr Wang
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Felt a bit of a rumble in Runcorn, I was just grinning like a daft sod since that's the first earthquake i've experienced.. apparently i've just slept through the others in my lifetime.
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Only realised, this morning there had been an earthquake, felt a kind of vibration, go through the sofa, but nothing rattled in the cabinets. Thought i had been dreaming.
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Juan wrote:
Showing my naivet� here, I didn't realize England was quake-prone...

Ahhh. Wheras you have the well-known San Andreas Fault, we have the lesser known Itsalltheeuropean-Unions Fault and Itsthebloodyimmegrants Fault.

These run throughout the length of the country, often causing minor shaking, trembling and raised blood pressure amongst certain members of the population.

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The last I heard this morning (and just checked with the BGS,) was 5.2 in Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, 5km below ground. I felt it at 12:57:25, a quick build-up followed by a slow decay with a second peak. The clotheshangers were rattling in the wardrobe. The SO and the dogs slept through it.

Google map of the epicentre.

Edit: Based on that, I'd say it was either the ItsTheTownies Fault or the ItsAllTheGovernments Fault.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^
Thanks Thud - I'd forgotten to mention those rural geological features. Smile

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Up here we have Itsnomafault
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kleindoofy wrote:
which I didn't feal here btw.

So, the earthquake was the first sign of the nearing apocalypse and KD misspelling such a word surely is the second sign of it!!! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE someday Laughing Laughing

On topic: Glad to hear everybody is ok so far Smile

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Roy -did the tiles stay up? Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

good to hear everyone is ok.. I have only been in two earthquakes in my life and I slept through them, the first one when I lived in Wi. I got up in the morning and saw pics on the walls all crooked and my sis told me it knocked her out of bed. when I got to school the teachers told us we were going to spend the whole day learning about them.
The other time was here a year or so ago.. my wife was up and she sead she felt it pass right under her... me i was sound asleep... i always miss everything

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well bloody hell, I miss all the fun Sad

Although it sounds like I wouldn't have felt it where i was staying anyways.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slept right through it. Didn't even know it had happened till a friend called and asked if I'd felt it. She lives up the road from me, and she said she thought someone had crashed into the front of her house... Typical that I'd snore my way through the whole planet shuffling about beneath my feet at 1 in the morning... I've always been a deep sleeper. Laughing

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

An earthquake in the UK? Really? I did not know that you guys ever got those.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As Breddan has said, we Brits don't tend to grumble about minor things like the Earth sloshing about beneath us... We like to grumble about the bigger things, like football...

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The BGS has updated it to 10km underground. I know you are all riveted by such an important update. There was an aftershock of 1.8ML at 2:46am.

It also says there is a report of one person being injured by a falling chimney. All the best, fella.

The BGS server is a bit slash-dotted at the moment, so feel free to PM me an email address if you want either of the two press releases. They also have an on-line questionnaire on the site for people to report their experiences. (They've had 1,400 already.)

I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14

notobescammed
Radio Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
ah well slept through another earthquake and never felt a thing
again

I'm with Remmy and Nanny Ogg... I would sleep through an atomic bomb hitting my house!

you are trying to ask me if Iam a robber? is this correct? - Dr Usman
My own version meaning of the word (SCAM) {The Transaction you will start that will never end! - Kw3s1
Sometimes the truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off - Kw3s1

Pith Helmet Birthday Safari - Co Bait with FrumpyBB and Redshoes17

Click here to support 419Eater.com Nurse Nastys Audi TT
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
We like to grumble about the bigger things, like football...

Good thing that no british team is participating in the European Championship here in summer then, cause we Austrians aren�t used to earthquakes Wink Laughing Laughing

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's now three press releases. Here's the text of the latest:
British Geological Survey wrote:
This preliminary isoseismal map is based on 1609 questionnaire responses received in the period of the first twelve hours after the earthquake. It also includes some information from other sources. It is highly provisional and subject to change.
At this stage it appears that the intensity distribution is somewhat irregular. There is no clear concentration of high intensities near the epicentre. Over an area bounded roughly by Liverpool, London and York, data have been fairly evenly spread. From many locations, too few locations have yet been received to determine intensity values. Where intensity values can be assigned, there seem to be pockets of higher intensity without a great deal of distinction due to distance. For this reason the isoseismals drawn here have a high degree of interpretation.
Outside this area, the density of replies drops sharply (partly this is a population distribution effect). Intensity 2 observations are noted from several locations in Ireland, from Edinburgh and Aberdeen, and it is rumoured, from the Netherlands.
As regards the highest intensities, there is no clear evidence for intensity 6 EMS either from the questionnaires or from field observation. The pattern of observations suggests a relatively deep focus.
Macroseismic parameters are, from current data, as follows:
Magnitude - 5.0 ML
Depth - 25-30 km
There's also a map of the isoseismals. 5 is close in, north of the wash. 4 includes the Midlands, but not far north of the 5 area, 3 cuts halfway into Wales and down to London. 2 clips the continent south of Dover, quite a bit of Ireland, and across the Cairngorms.

Cellphone x14

sheila_blyge
Master Baiter

Location: Doing my worst with NN to a tied up JM under the watchful eye of the Teacup!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It shook me up a bit... *groan*.

No really, I did find it more than a little unnerving to have the floor, walls and sofa moving independently of each other for a few seconds - which seem like an awfully long time under those circumstances. All the ornaments shifted (could tell by the disturbance in the, erm, deep dust), and I thought the bay window was going to fall out. Shocked

At a friend's house, only 8 miles from the Market Rasen epicentre, they even had a casualty to the tune of 1 x tea mug, which fell off the kitchen worktop! Later investigation may reveal that their mum jumped and knocked it off in the confusion... but we may never know. Confused

Still, the harrowing news clips of the untold devastation and destruction of so many innocent, er, chimney pots and cars with things falling on them is heartbreaking to see...

Laughing

Well, the experience added a bit of excitement to my night, although I could have done without the huge flood of adrenaline just as I was winding up to go to bed!

Edit: forgot to add serious note: my heart goes out to people in severe earthquake zones who fear for life and limb when these things happen... at least I've never had to go through that!

pony pony pony
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The earth moved for all the english women last night - once every 30 years - explains a lot.

I thought it was wind, and when the bed began to shake, I blamed me GF, one in a million, didnt know it was an earthquake till i heard i heard the news this afternoon.

Its also supposed to have cause some improvements in some areas.

Millions of claims, and some scientist dude said the "warning alarm went off AFTER the quake hit" So much for cheap imported quake alarms. They should have use ADT monitored alarms, at least they accuse the home owners of being the burglars at 1am.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Earthquakes in the UK are very much like making love to a beautiful woman....relatively rare in occurrence but sometimes if you are lucky the earth really does move and you don't fall out of bed. Shocked

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We had a 6.5 at Tahoe about 15 years ago. Flipped me off the couch where I had fallen asleep. My roomate came flying down the hallway, apparently awakened too. I held the cupboards closed to keep the dishes from flying out. Took 10 minutes to pry the cat off the celing. It was like a 45 second jackhammer ride.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic