SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Do Cats Reduce the Risk of a Heart Attack?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

By MedHeadlines � Feb 25th, 2008 �

A study by the University of Minnesota�s Stroke Research Center presented Thursday at the American Stroke Association meeting found that people who had previously or currently owned cats were less likely to die from heart attack and other cardiovascular disease.The study examined data from 4,435 people, ranging in age from 30 to 75, participating in ongoing research with the National Health and Nutritional Examination Study. The researchers found that over a 20-year period, participants who had never owned a cat were 40 percent more likely to die from heart attack, and 30 percent more likely to die from any kind of cardiovascular disease.

The researchers don�t know exactly what causes the health benefit, but lead study investigator Dr. Adnan Qureshi believes it may be related to the stress-reducing effect a cat has on its owner. He admits, however, that the personality type of a cat owner may be the major contributing factor.

�Maybe cat owners tend not to have high-stress personalities, or they are just the type of people that are not highly affected by anxiety or high-stress situations,� Qureshi said.

Some of the controversy over this study comes from previous studies that showed a greatly increased rate of heart attack survival for dog owners, but no benefit at all for cat owners.

Not that I thought it was time for another cat thread but I found this study to be interesting. I have a heart condition and my cat knows it. Every morning after I have eaten my breakfast and I am sitting on my sofa he comes to me and insists on laying across my chest. He always places his heart over my heart and I can feel his beating. When I am having a heart episode he comes to me and lays close to my chest. Animals have inner instincts that humans will never have. It is why they can hear, see, smell and sense things before they happen. Yes, I believe cats can lower your heart rate.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You sound like the sort of person who would enjoy "The Cat Who..." series.

Our cats are common farm cats. I suppose the fact that they live outside and have to take care of themselves means that the survival part of their minds grows more than the "inner instincts". Indoor or house cats that are well-loved tend to develop the so-called "inner instincts.

Just my $0.02.

Currently running 1 hopeful leprechaun, 2 rich widows, 2 lotteries, 1 scammer, and 1 deposed NSA official.

"My command is your wish."- Bob
My Email Parser baiting tool!

pony pony pony Jolly Roger
ChainYanker
Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
�Maybe cat owners tend not to have high-stress personalities, or they are just the type of people that are not highly affected by anxiety or high-stress situations,� Qureshi said.

I don't know about most cat owners, but I do have a high-stress personality. Heck, I have a highly neurotic personality (particularly when I miss my meds, but that's another story). I tend to go in fits at the blink of an eye, and then stay in a bad mood all day. When I'm feeling blue, my cat gets nervous and tries to avoid me (not that I blame her).

Jus' saying.

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My cats never fail to make me laugh, even when I'm trying to speak sternly to them about a naughty deed that was done. Laughing

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ The thought of anyone trying to speak to a cat is what makes me laugh Laughing Just don't tell me you sing to your potted plants as well...

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Puq
Queen of the pussycats

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^ Embarassed I speak to my five all the time. Two actually answer me on cue. And - yes, nothing like a contented purring cat sprawled out all over you to release the tension and focus your mind on what is important, being a member of staff and occasional chaise longue to your feline boss.

FUCK U, FUCK UR PAPA FUCK YA MAMA!SAY THANKS ,IDIOT.i have told u not to bother me aagain or have i not.....foolish idiot.I have another person that will help us do this and it is non of YA FUCKING BUSINESS.ASS HOLE.
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

callum wrote:
^^ The thought of anyone trying to speak to a cat is what makes me laugh Laughing

Yup.. I talk to my cats. They say "meow" back.

Quote:
Just don't tell me you sing to your potted plants as well...

Don't be silly, I can't sing.

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My cat and I used to tease each other. He'd go to the front door, I'd let him out. He'd go to the back door, I'd let him in. He'd go straight to the front door.. the record was 14 rotations before he got fed up and/or felt he'd proved how compliant I was to his friends.

One day I hid behind a bush until he wandered by and jumped out at him. He leaped about a metre straight up. After he landed he looked at me, raised his eyes to heaven and wandered off, trying to look dignified.
The next day I was walking past the same bush and this blur jumped out behind me and bear-hugged my leg.
After I'd landed, I looked at him and I swear he smiled as he walked away. Great cat. Broke my heart when he died.

Purple Flower
ChainYanker
Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, if we're talking about talking to a cat... I talk to my girls all the time. Other people's cats, too. I've perfected the purr/chirp that happy cats greet people with, and they often talk back.

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

all i know is my old cat used to give me a heart attack.. it like to pick fights with raccoons at 3am, out side my bed room window

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@packman: Our dogs usually take care of the racoons... the cats take care of the mice. Oh, and the 6-foot blacksnake that lives in our basement somewhere... it's not a pet.

Currently running 1 hopeful leprechaun, 2 rich widows, 2 lotteries, 1 scammer, and 1 deposed NSA official.

"My command is your wish."- Bob
My Email Parser baiting tool!

pony pony pony Jolly Roger
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ya know I had a black cat once named Ebenezer - Neezy for short. He loved bringing me stuff from outdoors. One day he indicated that he wanted to come into the house. So my sister opened the door, picked him up and put him on her shoulders. She did not see that he had a not quite dead snake in his mouth. When the snake touched her on the cheek I thought I was going to die laughing. She dropped the cat who dropped the snake who slithered under the sofa where I was sitting. I screamed my "OMG it's a snake" scream which brought my Mother running to the rescue. Meanwhile my sister fainted, the cat looked at us all with a "what's the big deal it's only a harmless garter snake" look and quietly walked away to his food dish. I was frozen solid on the sofa because I hate snakes. It took my Mother 20 mintues to get the snake out of the house, then another 20 mintues to bring my sister back to life, and another 20 minutes to unfreeze me. I refused to believe that the snake was out of the house and slept at a friends that evening. Needless to say my sister never put Nezzy on her shoulders again.

I still laugh and shiver at this memory. Laughing

Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So
your cat nearly caused then stopped a heart attack?

My mums cat nearly caused a heart attack when i was installing her new computer .
How can one furry animal hit ctrl., alt., del . by landing on the keyboard?
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I htink its the way my cats stick their nose in my belly button..

or one likes to sleep with its nose in my armpit.

But again. how can you hate a furball that keeps a good spot on your bed warm?

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
furball that keeps a good spot on your bed warm?

ah you've met my husband then?

Honestly I'd love another cat but we've found out my son is allergic
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Once in my life when I was stupid or crazy, I haven't figured out which, I had four cats - Booker, Butchie, Fridder and Katie. If I didn't go to bed exactly at 10 pm each night all the good spots were taken. Plus there were many times I would wake up in the middle of the night to find myself pinned down. There was a cat on the left leg, a cat between my legs and a cat on my right leg. The fourth one was a spare in case one of them had to go to the bathroom. They would take over their spot while they were gone. Laughing

Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
we've found out my son is allergic

That is a problem, I'd start leaving rental property leaflets in his room.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have seasonal allergies that are aggravated by pet dander (read: cat hair makes me sneeze). But I love my kitties anyway. That's what allergy meds are for Wink

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our cats talk, they can say 'Feed me now' and 'let me in / out'.

Hayley speaks to them lots, but that's all we ever get back from them. They are very therapeutic though, IMO, they seem to know when you are blue or ill, and come and sit with you. (did you read about the 'dog of death' in a nursing home, that sleeps on the beds of those who are about to pass away?)

When they were kittens they were always making me laugh out loud, which can only be a good thing. On the other hand the trail of destruction they left was not good for the heart.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My mother has a cat that stands with his paw on the refrigerator door and says "milk." That is the only time he uses that specific meow... Shocked

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Of course.

Cat meat is very low in cholesterol. Just saut� in freshly pressed parakeet oil and serve with diced hamster. Wink
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This monring there was a surprise Snow shower - here I am getting clothes from the dryer and outside the basement door I hear a meow.

This is the first snow she has ever seen from the outside.. Maybe she has seen the movie the Stuff and got scared.

Of course I like the wake-up you get my one of my cats walking on my back. It feels good.. but she stops when she knows I am awake.. next time I got to learn not to move and let keep doing it for awhile.

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Of course.

Cat meat is very low in cholesterol. Just saut� in freshly pressed parakeet oil and serve with diced hamster.

Lesson one, don't piss off the cat.
Lesson #2, don't piss off the judge, especially if your name is Clemens.
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pussycat on the prowl:

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic