SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How many lads?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BrokenEnglish
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what how many lads are out there and active? We can probably get a more accurate figure for the number of baiters...

So, what would the baiter/lad ratio be? I am just thinking what are the chances of stumbling across the same lad a second time?

Any ideas anyone?

BrokenEnglish
(a newbie getting stuck in) Very Happy
tubthumper
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lads: upwards of 100k

Chances of stumbling across the same lad twice: strong. You can always follow the lad around and bait him from multiple addresses.

Fiduciary Agent: "junky, donkey monkey aboky na u .............."

Jean Atoh: "You must be a chronic idiot and stupid to the core. I do not want you to email me again, you can go to blazes bloody bastard. A full that cannot even express himself"

Global Service: "You have kept me in total confusion with your last couples of emails and i wish to understand more."

Spain United Kingdom
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you include lads, vlads and other scumbag scammers then possibly in the millions. No one really knows but the numbers do seem to be increasing.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Mr. Green
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can get some idea by looking at lists of know scammer email addresses. For example this one.

Otherwise, the short answer is too many.

Sand Timer 25 months, <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1014373">Mr. Scot</a> "Skipper has never communicated to us since the campaign event took place last year. we did'nt get a cent from that event either."
Sand Timer 24 months, <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119437">Mr. Uche-uka</a> "There is no way that I would have put in this enermous amount of time, work and money without being serious with this huge task ahead of building and running an orphanage."
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here to donate to 419Eater</a>
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, if it's African lads then we're talking anywhere around the 200,000 mark. No one is really sure, it's hard to quantify. It's certainly more than tens of thousands, but not in the millions.

As Rodus says, if you add up all the Lads, Vlads, Phads, and any other con merchants that use the internet, then I'd agree that it's possibly in the low millions.

Baiters? A few thousand is my guess, maximum 10,000.

Chances of running into the same lad? Nil, if you don't want to. There's fresh meat on every corner. And like Tub says, if you WANT to bump into the same lad, then you have every chance. You already know where to find him!

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
BrokenEnglish
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK got it. Plenty to go round then. But do scammers get more cynical the more times they are baited, or are they too stupid?
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Depends really. If you ditch him leaving the impression that you we're a real vic 'the one that got away' and he thinks he screwed up somehow then he'll easily be re-baitable. If you suddenly tell a lad you're a baiter and have been wasting his time then he'll be more suspicious in the future but this can also help real life vics as he may accuse them of being baiters when they aren't. There's always plenty of lads to go around, they outnumber baiters massively.

Thinking all lads are stupid is the quickest way to a ruined bait. They aren't. Sure you get some very dumb ones but there are also many intelligent and cunning lads, thats how they make money.

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ That's the idea when it comes to the site-accepted practice of non-burning. If the you make it through an entire bait (before rebaiting, that is) without the lad knowing he's been baited, he won't know to become cynical or cautious. He'll probably think you were just a dumb shit that couldn't get anything right.

Now, if you're REALLY dishing out the lad-pain and get him on some crazy-ass money/time wasting project (check out frozboz's art or some of the huge safaris from the pros) then the hope is that they'll lose so much and be so humiliated that they give up scamming altogether and get a damn job.

Edit: Beaten by Rodus. I hate hunt and peck typing Sad

Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Safari - William - Accra, Ghana - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Safari - Miracle - Benin - N'Djamena, Chad - "Too much mosquitoes"
Safari - Godspower - Ghana - N'Djamena, Chad
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
pony pony Pretty Rose Suitcase Mortar 17
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^If I remember rightly I think a baiter here was pretty sure that one of his lads went 'straight', can't remember who though. Rare as hens teeth though, these guys are career criminals, lazy, manipulative and highly unpleasant (and that's just the baiters Laughing )

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I always like to think that those two guys that YW sent to Chad that were never heard from again just ended up buying an ice cream truck and living a simpler life. Then again, I'm a dreamer. Laughing

Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Safari - William - Accra, Ghana - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Safari - Miracle - Benin - N'Djamena, Chad - "Too much mosquitoes"
Safari - Godspower - Ghana - N'Djamena, Chad
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
pony pony Pretty Rose Suitcase Mortar 17
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I saw the title, I thought this thread was about screwing in a light bulb - no luck Sad

Fight My Brute
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am a baristor OK.am to important to screw lightbulbs ok.go to westernunon an send $3,000 US DOLLARS to [email protected] OK.Test question Why is it dark.Answer There is no light.

I always wonder about one failed bait I had really early on. It was a standard orphan bait and I ripped her a new one and challenged her to get a job. Weeks later she replied that my mail had challenged her and she had got a job cleaning a factory and was making new friends. I never heard anything again even when I tried re-baiting. If the scammer had twigged and dropped me, why bother responding even once? And if not, why not continue to respond? On the other hand her mail was dodgy from the start, and/or he may have just put me aside for a different angle later.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know that some politically correct, bleeding heart is going to take offence to this, but it seems to me that there are almost as many 419 scammers out there as there are people who have Internet access in West Africa. Yes, there are exceptions.

Considering that 419 is practically celebrated as a national past time in parts of West Africa, the number is most likely in the hundreds of thousands, maybe even more. People that do not need to be trying it seem to try it at some point, much like people in the West play lotteries (real ones). Fortunately, most probably give it up pretty quick when they realize how much work it is to be successful at it.

See this recent thread for a better explanation of the motivation behind 419. http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130198

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic