SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Spinning/Cycling DVDs

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just bought a new spin bike and need to find some spin classes on DVD and/or the 'scenic route' DVDs that make you feel as though you are peddling through Death Valley or wherever. It helps pass the time and the pain threshold. There are plenty of them on Amazon.com but - the kicker - they are all in US/Canada Zone 1 format only. I'm in Zone 4 (Australia). Suggestions?

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you try the Australia Amazon?

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Tolin Dorden
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

..or just buy a cheap dvd player. Most of 'em is either open for all regions, or very easy to unlock Wink

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the tips! The technogeek in the family has some kind of super duper DVD player that now won't play a lot of the movies that worked just fine on our old Samsung Rolling Eyes I will retrieve it from the kids' den aka Pit Of Hell.

Edit: The kids say the Samsung is dead. So if I went out and got a $50 special from the local Cash Converters or whatever do you reckon it would work with US DVDs?

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tolin is right, bizarrely the expensive DVD players are choosy about what they play, but the cheap ones will play any region.
We can get DVD players here these days for �40 (AUS$82) and if your excercise bike is in a spare room that's probably the way ahead.

If you cycle in the main lounge, try the Aussie sites for DVDs as Sheboppe said. Or could you maybe pick up a cheap one from ebay.au?

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Trust me, the bike is well concealed in a secret room Very Happy I will go and get a cheapo DVD player and order the DVDs from the US. Thanks guys!

Tolin Dorden
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just make sure to check the spec's wether it's code/region free before you buy it.

Yes it's very absurd that the expensive models, with the fancy features and stuff... can't read it... but the lowcost crapmodels can. Ofc this comes from the fact that many of the big film distribution agencies and well tbh most of the big production companies, also own the high end factories for the dvd players.. so they do it to make more money.. wonder if we could bait them? Wink

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Gnasher
If your interested I can ask a friend of mine about the program he used to hook his bicycle up to the internet. This setup allowed him to display a number of courses on the TV in front of him and actually sped up or slowed down depending on how fast he was pedaling.
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let me get this right, you pedal an exercise bike in front of a TV with scenery, why don't you just get on a normal bike and go for a ride? Laughing

pony pony Mortar x18
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure what the copyright laws are there, but here in the US you are legally entitled to 1 backup copy of your disc if you have a dvd burner on your pc. When doing the backup, you can remove the region of it as well (and this can be done w/ free programs).

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bombardier wrote:
Let me get this right, you pedal an exercise bike in front of a TV with scenery, why don't you just get on a normal bike and go for a ride? Laughing

Because on the roads around here you will either die from diesel fumes or end up as roadkill in the gutter.

Burning the DVD is a great idea! I knew the Eater tekkies would have a solution. Thanks guys.

D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im sure someone here can get you a lad saying "c'mere honey and give me a kiss" and instead of infront we can put it behind you on the bike...

Bet you peddle like crazy then Razz

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Gnasher: Wouldn't you be just as likely to die from the fumes of a burning DVD? Surprised

Currently running 1 hopeful leprechaun, 2 rich widows, 2 lotteries, 1 scammer, and 1 deposed NSA official.

"My command is your wish."- Bob
My Email Parser baiting tool!

pony pony pony Jolly Roger
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Ha ha - I see you are as technical as me! Very Happy I'm getting my in house teenagers to handle the logistics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic