SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What are YOU growing this year?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bill2 wrote:
Sorry wasn't thinking

Laughing I was just joking! Razz

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
SherlockHolmie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Last time I grew my own was in the 70's and could have ended up in nick Cool

No space these days unfortunately Sad

Best of luck with the crops,

SH

"You are a stopid man." - Barr Choy Choong
"Hello Mr Dear and Dumb" - Usman Danququ
"We can not entertain any more insubordinations from you!" - Roberto Correras, United Nations, Cote d'Ivorie Branch
Reverend Bondi Cigars
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually it's getting on for the end of summer in this part of the world so I won't be growing much at all. Only one thing really. I picked up a Huon pine seedling on a recent trip to Tasmania. Best timber in the world, but very slow growing & only found in the s/w corner of Tasmania. Not sure yet if it will survive here but I sure as hell won't be eating or smoking it.

"FUCK YOU REVEREND CIGAR" [Fred Taylor] Hello Kitty!

"Hello Friend Rev Bondi Cigars, greetings in the name of Jesus Christ......I have some money now with me so that we can proceeds with the cleansing process......." [Reverend Michael]

"Father Bondi you said I should use explosive to open the safe......." [Reverend Michael again]

"Rev Bondi Cigars now see what you have cost for me , i will never forgive you!!!!!!!" [and again]
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got some daffodils growing on nicely in my borders, that's about it.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I LOVE Daffodils!

In Dr Zhivago there's an amazing scene of a field full of daffodils.......I fell in love with them.

As soon as it warms up, I'll plant hundreds of Zinnia's out front. I love them almost as much as daffodils and the deer don't like them.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Spring flowers all make me happy after the long winter, but my very favorite flowers are tulips.

And by the way, Harry, that was herbs. . . for cooking. Laughing

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just flowers for me. There are so many tree roots in the yard from big maple, pine and apple trees that i'd need a backhoe to dig all them roots out. When i need some fresh veggies, i just go raid my friends' gardens.
But about every four years or so, the apple tree puts out tons of nice pippins, and i have to chase the squirrels away from them so i have enough for some pies. I'm too damn old to be digging in the yard anyway.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I was just joking!

I wasn't, everyone should be able to grow their own veggies so they know what they eat, I try something new every year, but it dries up on the plant and I refuse to eat cactus Very Happy

I'll plant what you want, but your day to water them is Wednesday Smile

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lotta, that climate is so perfect for anything and everything. I'm a Petunia freak myself, that won an award at Tahoe.
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SlapHappy wrote:
There are so many tree roots in the yard

Raised beds or containers for your veggies. Very Happy

Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
BlueTiger
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

just roses.

Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Weasel, you are welcome to pop over to Belarus and help me with my veg and herb planting.
Things are well under way for the new season. The ground is prepared; manure or compost is spread or dug in. Covers are on certain areas to warm the soil until the final frosts are over at the end of March. Potatoes are chitting well indoors and a variety of seeds have already been started off in propagators.
Plans are afoot to plant and grow at least 22 types of vegetable and 14 varieties of herbs. We have 18 logs impregnated with various mushroom spawn wrapped up inside a shed, which will be brought out into the open in April and should then provide us with regular crops for 5 or 6 years. We are also planning to plant a fruit garden this year.
Also under way is a project to replace two stretches of hedging that will provide berries and nesting areas for birds, and also house ladybird, lacewing and bee boxes as well as the hedgehog homes at low level.

Out in the garden we are still harvesting broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, leeks, parsnips and Swedes; all things that thrive in the cold. There are also some perennial herbs still in use.
The onions and garlic beds were planted, as usual, on the shortest day, Dec 21st, and are growing well.

I still envy you in the southern US where you can attract hummingbirds, and I thank SF for sending me the pics of those she attracts to her garden.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Breddan Butter wrote:
Weasel, you are welcome to pop over to Belarus and help me with my veg and herb planting.

Wish I could! I LOVE digging in the dirt.

Quote:
Potatoes are chitting well indoors and a variety of seeds have already been started off in propagators.

Have you ever tried growing potatoes in tyres filled with hay? We used to do that when I was a kid.

Quote:
Plans are afoot to plant and grow at least 22 types of vegetable and 14 varieties of herbs.

NICE! Very Happy

Quote:
We have 18 logs impregnated with various mushroom spawn wrapped up inside a shed, which will be brought out into the open in April and should then provide us with regular crops for 5 or 6 years.

Oh wow! I didn't know that could be done.

Quote:
Also under way is a project to replace two stretches of hedging that will provide berries and nesting areas for birds, and also house ladybird, lacewing and bee boxes as well as the hedgehog homes at low level.

Oooooooh! That should be really nice.

Quote:
Out in the garden we are still harvesting broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, leeks, parsnips and Swedes; all things that thrive in the cold. There are also some perennial herbs still in use.
The onions and garlic beds were planted, as usual, on the shortest day, Dec 21st, and are growing well.

I didn't know that either. Very Happy

Quote:
I still envy you in the southern US where you can attract hummingbirds, and I thank SF for sending me the pics of those she attracts to her garden.

I didn't see any humming birds last year.. My neighbor swears she did. Maybe this year!

Mc Fry

Lad Quotes
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Balls.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Mr. Green
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Simba wrote:
My prize project is to grow a banana tree.... Very Happy

Oooooh, I've got bananas growing in my garden! Took about a year and a half to FINALLY start producing, but now I've got a small grove and harvested the first ones a few weeks ago. After they're set, they just keep on growing. Am going to have some on my breakfast cereal in a few minutes. Yumm! Cool

Other things in my garden are: sweet corn, green beans, green pepper, chili peppers, cucumber, sweet melon, watermelon, carrots, all kinds of lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, dill, basil, thyme, parsley and rosemary. In another couple months we'll plant peas. Didn't have much luck with my first crop of melons. I hope these ones do better!

Sand Timer 25 months, <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1014373">Mr. Scot</a> "Skipper has never communicated to us since the campaign event took place last year. we did'nt get a cent from that event either."
Sand Timer 24 months, <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119437">Mr. Uche-uka</a> "There is no way that I would have put in this enermous amount of time, work and money without being serious with this huge task ahead of building and running an orphanage."
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here to donate to 419Eater</a>
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll be attempting to grow...

Garlic (shop bought cloves)
Potatoes
Tomatoes
Various chillies

If any member here in the UK wants any chilli seeds just pm me.

If you are into chilli growing I can recommend this forum...

http://www.chillisgalore.co.uk/phpBB3/index.php

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mould.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Potatoes and onions as always. This year I have decided to grow at least some of the potatoes in tyres, and have found a source for those.

This year we have a bumper selection of seeds, but can't remember what they all are. There's carrots and leeks and tomatoes in there. We now have a polythene greenhouse to start them off - we've had very bad results putting them straight into the ground.

The sprouts are still producing, but the pigeons (or something) are eating them all. This year we will have to find some decent netting. I put in a couple of Sea Buckthorn last year, but the female didn't do too well. I hope she picks it up this year. I also invested a couple of Jerusalem Artichokes out of the ones we harvested last year for a permanent crop.

For anyone in the UK who thinks their garden is too small, a 300 square yard allotment costs about �12 per year, and it's the right time of year to be getting one.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I grow a lot inside as well. Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've managed to get three of my orchids to re-bloom in the past year. I'm focused on them for now and then switching to bonzais.

Hopefully after that I'm not learning how to wax Mr. Miyage's car or some shit.

Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Safari - William - Accra, Ghana - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Safari - Miracle - Benin - N'Djamena, Chad - "Too much mosquitoes"
Safari - Godspower - Ghana - N'Djamena, Chad
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
pony pony Pretty Rose Suitcase Mortar 17
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

tons of flowers. tomatos, cukes, lettus, strawberrys, when i lives in Wi. we had 5000 acers seed and feed corn, alalfa, hay,and peas. plus 250 head of holstens, about a 1000 pigs. 500 laying hens, a one onry old billy goat.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

packman wrote:
. . . . . . . . we had 5000 acers . . . . . .

That's a lot of trees, packman.
Must be a great display if you have mixed varieties of acer.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta wrote:
I LOVE Daffodils!

In Dr Zhivago there's an amazing scene of a field full of daffodils.......I fell in love with them.

I fell in love with daffodils for the same reason. My favorite song is "Seven Daffodils". There is an abandoned farm in Oklahoma where the daffodils grow wild. Every Spring I drive there just so I can stand there smelling their sweet smell. Also I load up my car with them and have daffodils for weeks in my house.

Unfortunately, I only grow frustrated by not being able to have a green thumb. I do very well with cactus.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yo butter... i cant freakin spel
*edited* oops i forgot a whole word

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3

Last edited by packman on Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

corona wrote:
I grow a lot inside as well. Very Happy

What a beautiful Christmas cactus. My 85 year old Mother loves growing them. She has one that is over 50 yrs old.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic