SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The war is over.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For those of you who have been sitting on the fence waiting to see who wins out over the new optical formats, HD-DVD have admitted defeat and bowed out gracefully, so get your credit cards out and make the format mainstream to drive prices down.

Clicky Linky.

Its a shame, from a personal point-of-view, as I was an adopter of HD-DVD as I preferred its presentation over Blu-Ray. Its only a minute detail, but I preferred its menu system.

Edit: Thanky 7o9, linky fixy.

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24

Last edited by B.L.Z. Bubb on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Linky broken Sad

I fixy: CLICKY Smile

friday3
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

phew..glad that's been sorted......not sure what that is but I'm glad it's sorted anyhow Very Happy

The above text is the sole intellectual property of friday3. Reproduction without the expressed permission of Friday3 is a breach of copyright punishable be a fine of up to $50 000 (payable by check) and/or 5 years jail.

"Hubbard is a "crackpot" and of "doubtful mental background." - From FBI files concerning L, Ron Hubbard

Mods have a wonderful sense of humor; you just aren't funny

Jolly Roger
Mortar x21

Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

<br>Anybody want to buy a Sanyo betamax video recorder? One careful owner. Perfect working condition. Will throw in free videos of 'The Max Headroom Show', 'Tootie Fruttie', Shocked and early episodes of 'The Simpsons' in which Homer had hair.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat

Last edited by Tommo Shanter on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does this mean that I will have to replace all of my DVDs... Confused

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
friday3
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

no just your HD DVDs Very Happy

The above text is the sole intellectual property of friday3. Reproduction without the expressed permission of Friday3 is a breach of copyright punishable be a fine of up to $50 000 (payable by check) and/or 5 years jail.

"Hubbard is a "crackpot" and of "doubtful mental background." - From FBI files concerning L, Ron Hubbard

Mods have a wonderful sense of humor; you just aren't funny

Jolly Roger
Mortar x21

TheKnightWhoSaysNi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seven of Nine wrote:
Linky, Clicky, Fixy

......why do some people here speak like Jar Jar ? Very Happy

There are combo bluray + hddvd readers, arent they. so no replacing of collections is neccessary.

"Would you run a race with a cheater ?" Jo3l Akumi4h
"You are refusing to think and that is what disturbs me." Jo3l Akumi4h
"I have mastered it all by being a victim." Jo3l Akumi4h
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tommo Shanter wrote:
a Sanyo betamax video recorder ... 'The Max Headroom Show'

The short prequel that was made showing how MH started was produced kind of when the Beta vs. VHS thing was still active.

One thing I did notice when I first watched it (all those years ago), was that it was set "20 minutes into the future" and one scene clearly shows someone using a VHS cassette. Prophetic!

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TheKnightWhoSaysNi wrote:

.....why do some people here speak like Jar Jar ?

There are combo bluray + hddvd readers, arent they. so no replacing of collections is neccessary.

Look who's talking!

Fight My Brute
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
There are combo bluray + hddvd readers, arent they.

Which cost more than purchasing the two players separately.

Sorry, all you HD-DVD owners, this is my fault. Mrs. Krona bought me a Blu-Ray player for Christmas, I expect that's what tipped the scales.

Now I need an amplifier with HDMI inputs and better speakers. It just never stops, does it?

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

*Shakes fist at Mr and Mrs Krona*

Damn you's...

Laughing

I'm actually going down the HTPC route anyway, so a combi HD-DVD/Blu-Ray drive only costs about �130...

Plus, a little piece of commercially available software gets around all those nasty little region-coding antics... Very Happy

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

pony Mortar x24
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i still use batamax. and had about 1500 tapes in the colletion

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Uff!

@B.L.Z. Bubb

You had me fooled.

When I saw the thread topic, I thought you had finally gootten a divorce. Embarassed
WhackMeister
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tommo Shanter wrote:
<br>Anybody want to buy a Sanyo betamax video recorder? One careful owner. Perfect working condition. Will throw in free videos of 'The Max Headroom Show', 'Tootie Fruttie', Shocked and early episodes of 'The Simpsons' in which Homer had hair.

Hey, I looooove Max Headroom! Makeup never looked so computer generated Very Happy

That betamax would make a nice companion for my Video 2000 machine - say, do you accept WU? Cool

Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the best part of this is that the people who were pushing for Blu-Ray are the same people who hate Sony for being in the RIAA, because those people are stealing music. They hate Microsoft because of Microsoft's monopoly, etc.

Now, Sony can use its Blu-Ray money to fund more lawyers to go after the ones stealing songs, and build it's own media monopoly. I love it.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

christ ive still got my record player and loads of LP's.

blue ray!
dvd!
hd!

what is all this techie stuff

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Amongst others I've got an Elvis on 78, but nothing to play it on.

Me Sony Walkman cassette player still plays and me portable CD player which jumps better than Johnathan Edwards before he had his laser eye treatment.

I stopped chasing technology once Phillips lost out to Betamax in the video wars.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I myself only use Sony headphones and CD players because they do what they do quite nicely. Video game-wise, I always thought Sony was teh suck. Look how long it takes them to get anything decent done with their console. At least Microsoft has Halo.......

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Tommo,

I still have a turntable that will do 78. Send me the Elvis and it will be safe. I won't give up my turntable though, sorry.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
When I saw the thread topic, I thought you had finally gootten a divorce. Embarassed

Unfortunately KD, that war has yet to begin! Laughing

pony Mortar x24
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it makes no difference, blu ray won, but its down to the films now and lets face it how often does a "unmissable" film get released these days.

Every film seems to be a different take on the same sets.

Quote:
Ratings (U: ) there is no girl but there are lion cubs (PG:) boy likes girl, (12:) Boy gets girl (15:) Boy loses girl (18:) Everyone gets the girl, including psychopatic monsters from outer space.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
mrbigtime
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lets not forget the 8 tracks

I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT YOUR $130 CANNOT BUY ME ABOTTLE OF BEER IN MY COUNTRY

I believed you should be trying to pull my legs and let it be so as I will not like to tolerate such attitude from you

Please brother stop that joke, it is an expensive joke that can cause hyper tension.

BECAUSE IN MY VILLAGE WE DONT HAVE A TELL PHONE
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have some of those too!

Fortunately, I didn't buy any HD-DVD stuff. I probably would have fallen for going with the wrong format once again. I didn't get any music CDs until I bought a vehicle that didn't have cassette (or 8 Track) in it. Yes, I still have a car with an 8 Track player in it!

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I bought a truck with an 8 track, and hooked it into my solar electrical system to run off of 12vdc. A friend of mine found a box of 8 tracks at a yard sale, 10 for a dollar! and I had the Eagles, Beach Boys, Bee Gees, Don McClain, etc.

I have to admit I don't know about HD DVD or Blu Ray. I don't own a tellie. I watch all of my movies on pirated DVDs.

Will DVDs go the way of 8 tracks?

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably more like 78s. The new players will continue to play them, but a few decades hence they will stop doing so.

On the other hand HD DVDs will go the way of 8-track and Betamax - quickly obsolete.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic