SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Old baiters never die... Or do they?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On a slow afternoon in the office, I've been digging through the memberlist and some old posts from before my time, and I came up with an observation that made me quite worried....

It seems like on average, an active member tends to die off and give up baiting at around the 1 to 2 year point, or around 1500-2500 posts.
There is a veritable mountain of a scrapheap in the archives of once great baiters, mentors, and even Moderators who all seemed extremely popular, but drifted away like an abandoned pirate ship into the misty oceans, never to return..
The amount of people who get banned with 2000 and odd posts under their belts is quite scarey too, I mean how do you manage that?

It's just made me aware of my own eater mortality. Crying or Very sad

Some day, it seems, something happens that causes all this to end! Crying or Very sad

So what happens? Do you just get sick of discussing the same things over and over? The same bits of advice trotted out? Is there only so much you can say on one board?

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
luckey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Life is a journey. Interests, priorities, friends, and values tend to change. That's a good thing, and a bad thing. Very Happy

Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

....I think Mugatu should be banned for bringing this up....

Wink

I started to write my hypothesis on this, but realized I don't really have a clue. I think sometimes people just get weighed down by the sheer immensity of pulling of a really impressive bait.

Tell you what, Mugatu. I pledge to NOT leave before YOU do. Twisted Evil

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are probably as many reasons for moving on as there are people who do it. Often it's just related to loss of free time (having a child, for example, or a new job, or a new romantic partner who you'd rather spend time with over a cafe full of mugus). Other times it's related to personality conflict, whether real or just perceived, with others in the forum. Sometimes these personality conflicts escalate, leading to bans or resignations (very often these are high profile), other times people just quietly leave.

There's also a sizable burnout factor, after a while almost all the lads seem to sound the same & baiting them seems less and less appealing as it goes. Especially when you hear the countless stories of the horrendous experiences of victims -- sometimes this is useful for baiting motivation, but other times it's just disheartening.

Still other baiters are drawn into other anti-scam activities not related to baiting (some of the aa419 crew, as just one such example), or dealing with other types of scams, and as a result their activity here drops off.

Will it happen to you? or me? maybe. who knows what the future holds.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Typically, Mugatu, it takes about 2,500 posts on this board for the mugu hitmen to figure our where you live. Then, you stop posting on the board.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to keep my post count as low as I can! Laughing

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firehouse summed it up very well, I think.

If you choose to believe him.

Personally, I blame it on the UFO people.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Tsnerd: postcount 15? So, you will never die?!

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
kurat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I joined: Nov 09, 2006
I baited for six months or so, then faded away.

And now, ~1 year later, I am back, and I don't intend to leave in the forseeable future Rolling Eyes
All the fun things(and the members) just pulled me back Smile

Cellphone x107
"I believe that you would not want to hear more of a lawyer language and grammars" - Saint Patrick
"so for my lawyer I want to also seriously sit on the emails I have received" - Mrs. N1na M1lha
"If i don't see you guys today.I probably would starve and have no where to sleep as i cant access my account here while some are low on cash" - Jo3l Akum1ah
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Then explain SP......

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's no explaining him.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SP is just a post bot. He randomly gathers and assembles words from previous posts and tries to make them into a sentence. That's why his posts never make sense. It's not really anything special.

Mugatu, the reason for the banning around post 2000 is because that's when the vote takes place. If they don't like you, they band you. They figure 2k posts are enough to help determine that.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Khaan
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have moved away from scambaiting twice, and twice came back.

The first time I lost interest, was due to various reasons: novelty value wearing off, too many people on board (I suddenly saw people I've never noticed who had a post count almost as big as mine) and started to get more seriously involved with warning victims personally (this one might seem strange at first, but I was 16 at the time, so it was becoming a bit frightnening and too serious). And besides this, I was never a good baiter, so it saddened that I tried so hard but never achieved anything significant with my baits.

Obviously I missed this kind of fun after a year or so, and then came back. I was actually on one of my finest baits, when my father discovered the emails from that bait (I took care of safety from the scammers, but didn't do enough to shield my baiting from the ones inside the house). I was still a minor, and sharing the house with my parents, who are very wary of internet security. My father didn't really understand what was happening, nor if it had anything to do with me, so nothing serious happened, but that was my sign to stop baiting altogether until I had a bit more independence.

Which happens now, two years later, as I'm in university and have my own computer.

Don't forget to visit 419 S-C-A-M: Scamming Con-Artistic Mugus http://www.freewebs.com/419scam/index.htm
Subma Shingun
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I changed my name. I did stop baiting but I never stop reading posts. I have been on various anti scamming websites for about 4years now. I havent baited for about a year... not that i dont want to I'm procastinating Embarassed
rumbero
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In my case I stopped baiting for a while. This was due to a surgery I had.
I stopped for about 4 months + . The medicine which kept me feeling good and work kept me from baiting.
Not being able to bait with a clear head. Was a deterrent.

I came to the conclusion that I really enjoy baiting. I will bait as long as possible. I had to read before I started baiting again.

True Mugatu a lot of good baiters have left the forum. I guess sometimes you do have to take a break. After I came back, the same scams were still circulating. I hope that some of the seasoned baiters will come back to their playground.

edit

We are not old baiters, were are wise and experienced baiters Cool

Pith Helmet Lagos to Ghana Opus Dei Templar
Pith Helmet Nukuru to Mombasa 1,500 kms van donation
Pith Helmet Co bait with SlowFreddy Sao Tome island to Gabon Pith Helmet Lagos to Abuja Co, donation
YOUR WIFE WILL GIVE BIRTH TO A MONKEY, YOU ARE GOING TO SUFFER FROM EPILEPTIC,
LET YOUR MOTHER FUCK YOUR BEST FRIEND. LET YOUR FATHER FUCK A MAD STREET WOMAN, USELESS INTERNET FRAUDSTER. (barrister Dan )
I bet u , soon , u will be laying in a close casket ,
will make u understand that i'm a spiritual man (Makinwa the retarded mugu)
in juses name u will dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
( Makinwa)
Bustyn_Yuhrass
Forever n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After you get to the ultimate baiting level and start burying lads you get to the top secret basement level and are prohibited from surfacing to post here. Except for me of course. Since I was the first to push a lad off a mountain I am permitted certain indulgences from time to time. Wink By the way, nobody saw me do it, the body is long gone, you can't prove anything, so don't even bother to try. It'll only piss me off. Razz

Mortar x4

banghead
pony pony pony
mathias
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Like I always say: there is a life outside and after Eater. (best example is Shiver)

Some members tend to forget it whilst they are hooked Wink

Safari Safari Safari Goat Mortar x4 (2 MIA) Closed lad accounts x lots

Jolly Roger

BASTARD !!! U JUST DEY MAKE ME SPEND MONEY SEND CHECKS TO NON EXISTING PLACES OL BOY NO TRY ME AGAIN OH ABEG JUST FUCK OFF MAKE I WORK COLLECT MONEY..

go screw your mother fucking uncircumcised rotten dick on your bedroom wall and die slow *DELETED* because you don't even worth a second out of my time

now you have taken me to a far area from my place ... I have to sleep under the bridge today ...

Vcamera
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Uh.. Bustyn? You left some evidence behind, want me to mail it to you? Wink

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Bustyn_Yuhrass
Forever n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sheboppe wrote:
Uh.. Bustyn? You left some evidence behind, want me to mail it to you? Wink

. . . I left some evidence behind? I thought you were taking care of clean up on that last one! Shocked Don't bother sending it to me. Bury it in your annoying neighbor's backyard. Wink

Mortar x4

banghead
pony pony pony
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did clean up the last one, but when you came by to make sure that EVERYTHING was gone, you dropped some evidence out of your bag.

I'll bury it over there, maybe it will make them decide to move out. That is some pretty spooky stuff you left. Shocked

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Firehouse pretty much nailed it, AFAIC. Lives change and priorities change, and spare time becomes no time on occasion. I've been absent the last few months due to a new job where surfing the net is verboten... but managed to turn up again recently, as bad pennies always do Wink
Quote:
The amount of people who get banned with 2000 and odd posts under their belts is quite scarey too, I mean how do you manage that?

It takes some doing. Rolling Eyes

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We like our bad pennies. It's nice to see you back, SF. Very Happy

SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is that nice as in , "I'm glad you're back", or nice as in "Oh yippee, another member to restock the Mod Lounge Pimms bar"? Laughing
Kidding, it's good to be back in the asylum. People out in the real world scare me! Shocked
BTW, the green looks good on ya, Sheboppe! Very Happy

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That is in "I'm glad that you are back." I got used to stocking the Pimms bar in the Mod Lounge while you were gone. It's true that it is a little safer in here than out there on the streets of the city. Thanks SF - I'll wear my green on St. Paddy's Day! Very Happy

Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a dang good topic, Mugatu. And there are some dang good responses and insights posted here. My 2 cents worth? Glad you asked!

"Baiter burnout" is a very real thing. I experienced it in the late summer, where one more request for an MTCN or contact-my-lawyer was going to send me right over the falls. I thought that made me a failure or a freak, and was too chicken to post anything aboot it in here. I confided in a few people (names changed to protect the innocent) who advised that such things are to be expected and that maybe I should step back for a while. Actually most of them just said "get the hell out", but Attol*, Nstay Nurse*, Bertsay*, and the then-new OldGabYdal* asked me to stick around. I was assured that the door would always be open here, and that many "fallen" baiters have taken time off and returned. Crazily enough, all I needed was 2 weeks off and I was back again in full force.

So who knows... maybe those "missing" members you speak of will return some day, re-charged and ready to take on old Charlie and Maryam once again. A month, a year, a decade, no matter. Corrupt military dictators die - baiters live forever!

* See? Toldya the names were changed! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic