SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

More Craigslist car scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
firepilot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

antonysteve @hotmail.com
2002 Toyota Corolla S - $2950

christian.willer70 @gmail.com
Honda Accord EX-L COUPE 2002 - $3320

These seem to be done often by Eastern Europeans, I have so far dealt with Serbians and a Romanian. Some of these kinds of scams are so comical, they have tried to sell me that eBay insures craiglist sales, or that a USAF transport plane will bring the car back for me, or they use these same photos of cars with palm trees all around, posting in cities with no palm trees for thousands of miles away.
firepilot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Heard back from the person supposedly in Utah. Too bad he is using gmail, I would love to figure out where he is. He must be with the same scammers that have been doing this for awhile, still claiming that ebay insures craigslist car sales

Hello,
If you want we can do in this way :
My brother work's at the shipping company and has one transportation per year for free ,The car will be shipped
on my expanse, and will be at your door in 1 max 2 days.
If you want to continue,please send me your full name and your shipping address so that I will let eBay Protection Program
know that you are interested . You will receive an email from them instructing you about how to send payment and
they'll release the funds to me only after you receive and inspect the car. I think that this is a fair way to make
business and I hope that you will agree. I don't touch your money until you receive and inspect the car.
Also, I have to let you know that I want the payment prior shipping since I will ship it in the same day or next days
the payment is complete .For the moment I can only accept a wire transfer as a payment method and the fastest is
Western Union .Also you have nothing to worry about because this deal will be done in a secure way if you prefer.
In case you will not receive the car as i described to you,eBay will refund you with 100% from the whole amount
which you paid to the eBay agent.Even in case you will not receive the car,they will refund you the money.But this is not the case.
You will send the money to eBay Protection Program .I will not see any money until the car is at you.
After you receive and see that the car is the one you want you just notify eBay to forward to me the payment details
in order for me to pick up my money.
Let me know if this is ok with so we can move forward with this deal!
Regards!
firepilot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any good detectives? I have tried to look up this #, supposedly it is a landline, thats all I can find out so far

Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.142.77.14 with SMTP id z14cs556285wfa;
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:55:21 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.110.47.17 with SMTP id u17mr1732211tiu.6.1201820120080;
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:55:20 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from web1004.biz.mail.sp1.yahoo.com (web1004.biz.mail.sp1.yahoo.com [216.252.120.74])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id h12si680726wxd.27.2008.01.31.14.55.18;
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:55:19 -0800 (PST)

Complete your eBay transaction in 5 easy steps:

1. Buyer and seller agree on the transaction terms and a selling price. Seller contacts eBay with the transaction details;

2. eBay accepts the transaction and offers purchase protection to the buyer (if the transaction is declined, no further action is required from either the buyer or the seller);

3. The buyer sends payment to eBay Safe Harbor. After the payment is made , the buyer must notify eBay sending the payment details ONLY to our SafeHarbour Team. The seller has three business days to provide eBay and the buyer with the transport tracking number. If no tracking number is provided, a full refund is immediately sent to the buyer.

4. Buyer receives the merchandise and has 3 (Three) days to inspect it. If it is as expected and as what agreed over, the buyer should accept the merchandise. If he refuses the merchandise by any valid reason, the buyer must ship the merchandise back to the seller at the seller's expense within 3 (Three) business days.

5. Upon the inspection period, buyer must contact eBay with the result of the inspection. If buyer refuses the merchandise, a full refund will be sent to the buyer after the tracking number for the returning shipment is verified.
It is recommended to send the payment as soon as possible, because your purchase protection plan is valid for 3 days only. Sending the payment by any other method of payment will void this transaction and your right to a refund.

Attention!!! The payment must be done using Money Gram. Click HERE to locate a Money Gram location in your area.

Payment instructions:

1. Make the payment using CASH ONLY (ONLINE CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED) at your nearest Money Gram location, on our eBay Transaction Agent`s details, assigned for your transaction - Item(s): 2002 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe - $3300 as follows:

First name: James
Last name: Covey
Address : 4110 Losee Rd., North
City: Las Vegas
State : Nevada
Zip : 89030
!!! CLICK HERE TO READ FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT MAKING PAYMENTS THROUGH MONEY GRAM.

2. Once the payment was sent, E-MAIL US (by replying to this e-mail) the following information:

a) 10 digit MTCN#
b) Exact Sender's name on file with Money Gram;
c) Your exact address on file with Money Gram;
d) City and country where you sent the money from;
e) Total amount transferred (including fees)
f) Fax us the Money Gram receipt at the following fax number: 858-408-2667

Money Gram Same Day Service is the only service that has ultimate authentication of the identity of the receiver of funds. Several IDs and utility bills are required before the funds are paid. Therefore, no one else but your eBay agent assigned for your transaction can pick up the money. Your payments cannot be lost in the mail, like money orders or checks.

Purchase protection and refund:

Currently, this seller has a 10,000.00usd deposit in an eBay managed purchase protection account. Transactions with this eBay seller are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description errors. For your safety, this account was locked today, for 30 days time period. The seller is unable to withdraw any money from it, within this period.
Should you need a refund for this transaction, the insured amount will be taken from the seller's purchase protection account and sent to you. The way you are refunded is at your choice. You have 30 days from the above verification date to request a refund. Refund requests are processed within 3 days.

The account is managed by eBay's SafeHarbor Team .
This transaction is supervised by eBay's Security Center .
CONDITIONS TO BE MET BEFORE YOU MAY ASK FOR A REFUND
Here are the situations suitable for a refund request:
1) If the item doesn't arrive and/or the seller stops communications after the payment was received;
2) If the merchandise you receive has different specifications than the ones you agreed on;
3) If your merchandise arrives in a much longer period than the one you agreed on (more than 3 days from the payment clearance day);
For cases 2) and 3) you have to send back the merchandise to the seller prior to ask for your refund. If you did not pay the seller by payment method required by us, your refund request will be declined.

Important Usage Guidelines:

1. The contact information should only be used for resolving matters related to eBay. Any other use is strictly prohibited.
2. This transaction is protected by eBay services such as insurance, feedback and dispute resolution.
3. You may buy and sell with confidence in all transactions with this eBay member.
4. Should you need to dispute this transaction, keep the transaction number at hand when contacting eBay. Any complaints must be filed within 30 days from the verification date.

Total Price Sales tax.Shipping FeeTotal Price for Buyer
3,300.00 USD
0,00 USD
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a residential number. Located in California, Allegiance Telecom. If you have $15, you can get more data from Intelius.
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

858-408-2667

Area Code 858
Prefix 408
City SAN DIEGO
State California
Primary ZIP Code 92117
Secondary ZIP Code 92111
Other ZIP Code 92122
# of Businesses in Prefix 23
City or exchange location San Diego:mira Mesa Da, CA
Original network provider* Allegiance Telecom, Inc. - Ca

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
beeman
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That phone company is now owned by XO Communications. They look like a VOIP type phone provider. I think that means that the bad guys can be calling from a mud hut in Namibia and still enjoy the use of a US area code.
craveness
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here it is, looks like its still going around:

From collectibles to cars, buy and sell all kinds of items on eBay
Complete your eBay transaction in 5 easy steps:

1. Buyer and seller agree on the transaction terms and a selling price. Seller contacts eBay with the transaction details;
2. eBay accepts the transaction and offers purchase protection to the buyer (if the transaction is declined, no further action is required from either the buyer or the seller);
3. The buyer sends payment to eBay Safe Harbor. After the payment is made , the buyer must notify eBay sending the payment details ONLY to our SafeHarbour Team. The seller has three business days to provide eBay and the buyer with the transport tracking number. If no tracking number is provided, a full refund is immediately sent to the buyer.
4. Buyer receives the merchandise and has 3 (Three) days to inspect it. If it is as expected and as what agreed over, the buyer should accept the merchandise. If he refuses the merchandise by any valid reason, the buyer must ship the merchandise back to the seller at the seller's expense within 3 (Three) business days.
5. Upon the inspection period, buyer must contact eBay with the result of the inspection. If buyer refuses the merchandise, a full refund will be sent to the buyer after the tracking number for the returning shipment is verified.
It is recommended to send the payment as soon as possible, because your purchase protection plan is valid for 3 days only. Sending the payment by any other method of payment will void this transaction and your right to a refund.

Attention!!! The payment must be done using Money Gram. Click HERE to locate a Money Gram location in your area.

Payment instructions:

1. Make the payment using CASH ONLY (ONLINE CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED) at your nearest Money Gram location, on our eBay Transaction Agent`s details, assigned for your transaction - Item(s): 2002 BMW 503i Automatic, By Owner, 53K, Drives Great ! as follows:

First name: Brenda
Last name: Williams
Address : 6309 - 45th Street
City: Leduc
Province : Alberta

!!! CLICK HERE TO READ FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT MAKING PAYMENTS THROUGH MONEY GRAM.

2. Once the payment was sent, E-MAIL US (by replying to this e-mail) the following information:

a) 8 digits Reference Number
b) Exact Sender's name on file with Money Gram;
c) Your exact address on file with Money Gram;
d) City and country where you sent the money from;
e) Total amount transferred (including fees)
f) Fax us the Money Gram receipt at the following fax number: 858-408-2667

Money Gram Same Day Service is the only service that has ultimate authentication of the identity of the receiver of funds. Several IDs and utility bills are required before the funds are paid. Therefore, no one else but your eBay agent assigned for your transaction can pick up the money. Your payments cannot be lost in the mail, like money orders or checks.

Purchase protection and refund:
Currently, this seller has a 10,000.00usd deposit in an eBay managed purchase protection account. Transactions with this eBay seller are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description errors. For your safety, this account was locked today, for 30 days time period. The seller is unable to withdraw any money from it, within this period.
Should you need a refund for this transaction, the insured amount will be taken from the seller's purchase protection account and sent to you. The way you are refunded is at your choice. You have 30 days from the above verification date to request a refund. Refund requests are processed within 3 days.

The account is managed by eBay's SafeHarbor Team .
This transaction is supervised by eBay's Security Center .
CONDITIONS TO BE MET BEFORE YOU MAY ASK FOR A REFUND
Here are the situations suitable for a refund request:
1) If the item doesn't arrive and/or the seller stops communications after the payment was received;
2) If the merchandise you receive has different specifications than the ones you agreed on;
3) If your merchandise arrives in a much longer period than the one you agreed on (more than 3 days from the payment clearance day);
For cases 2) and 3) you have to send back the merchandise to the seller prior to ask for your refund. If you did not pay the seller by payment method required by us, your refund request will be declined.
Important Usage Guidelines:
1. The contact information should only be used for resolving matters related to eBay. Any other use is strictly prohibited.
2. This transaction is protected by eBay services such as insurance, feedback and dispute resolution.
3. You may buy and sell with confidence in all transactions with this eBay member.
4. Should you need to dispute this transaction, keep the transaction number at hand when contacting eBay. Any complaints must be filed within 30 days from the verification date.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic