SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A doco I saw tonight...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It originally aired on History, but I saw this documentary called "Life After People." All I have to say is that it sent a chill up my spine when I really came to think about our existence as humans. What do you guys think about this? Quite philosophical, isn't it?

PS: For those that don't know what I'm talking about, you can watch it here:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=4939078184096254535

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very interesting show. Saw it a couple of weeks ago.
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I meant to watch it tonight, but channel surfed during a commercial & didn't get back to it. Have to catch it on a replay. But my immediate thought was that the earth would be a much better place if it was free of humans.

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^The show proves you right.
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Humans suck!
hehehe Laughing We must be stopped!
http://www.vhemt.org/

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

my wife and i saw it.... very interesting

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
thefife
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

B. A. Ware wrote:
^^^The show proves you right.

I knew it!

I wonder what the other animals would do w/ all the abandoned buildings/structures tho. Maybe plant life will take them over & grow over them. It would be nice if the Great Wall was a giant living organism supporting thousands of species that could be seen from space. Might make up for the fact that we are killing the Great Barrier Reef. Sure it may take 20 or 30k years, but it is still a nice thought.

Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The show says 10k. I'd have thought it would be much faster than that.

Nothing vastly surprising. Even a lesson on why steel doesn't last long. Would you believe that there is this thing called "corrosion"? Amazing.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the show made me think of how insignificant we really were and how nothing that we create will last forever. You need humans to have human history...

sheila_blyge
Master Baiter

Location: Doing my worst with NN to a tied up JM under the watchful eye of the Teacup!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm into amateur astronomy and always feel utterly insignificant when I attend lectures and talks! So much space, so little us.

Must watch that show, it sounds interesting, thanks SP for mentioning it Smile

pony pony pony
luckey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Standard Procedure wrote:
Well, the show made me think of how insignificant we really were and how nothing that we create will last forever. You need humans to have human history...

If you stretch your arms out wide, and imagine that one finger tip represents the formation of the earth, and the other represents the present time, human history could be wiped out with a single swipe of a nail file.

(I read that somewhere)

packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IF you take the entire time line of the earth from the time it started to form till today andmade it 24 hour, 23hours 53 min. was the timeit took for the panet to be created. the rest of the time was for life to form and the last 19 sec. is the time that humans have been on the planet

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ The Earth is about 4.5 billion years (give or take some millions). Single-celled prokaryote life has been found dating as far back as 3.something billion. I think your calculation about "life" is a little off. (Depends on your definition of "life", I guess.)

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Still though, if we're only about 19 seconds in 24 hours, or a nail file in an arm-stretch, would it be possible that there was another human civilization just like us, before us, with all the evidence of their existence destroyed with the passage of time?

Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Possible, but doubtful. Our appearance here and now is dependent/contingent on a huge amount of things that happened before us. You would need to have an exact repeat of those conditions for humanity to have appeared twice. It's not just a case of that humanity's existence being wiped away, no evidence left, but all of the other paths leading to it also being wiped away. Otherwise, we'd look at , say, fossil records and it would be all "La la la, here comes humans, la la---oooh, why did it stop? What happened here?" The lack of evidence would be a massive hole that would need explaining just as much as if there weren't missing evidence.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou

Easter Egg
thefife
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe they opted for voluntary extinction. Maybe the remains are in the ocean, where we bascally don't know jack about what all's down there.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
luckey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^For a very ancient civilization, subduction would make short work of destroying evidence.

Personally, I think this business of building cities and ipods etc. is a fluke. You don't see ants wasting time with any of that, and they've been here much longer that we have. They'll be laughing at us as they make their little farms in our crumbling buildings when we wipe ourselves out. Laughing

Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Standard Procedure wrote:
Still though, if we're only about 19 seconds in 24 hours, or a nail file in an arm-stretch, would it be possible that there was another human civilization just like us, before us, with all the evidence of their existence destroyed with the passage of time?

The archaeologist in me thinks not - evidence of a civilization is harder to destroy than you think.

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hekate wrote:
The archaeologist in me

How deep does he go?

Easter Egg
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As deep as required! Razz

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

Cellphone
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with you guys, but it makes me think if it is possible. Maybe it happened to Mars, but in a different manner...

Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've always thought that it was more likely that something hit Mars and destroyed its atmosphere, rather than it was destroyed by its inhabitants. Then again, I might just be lacking in imagination!

To come back to Earth - look at the things that are constantly being found - cave sites or campsites where our very remotest ancestors (with apologies to any Creationists reading this!) lived and in some cases died. There are places like Hissarlik (more commonly known as Troy) which contain remnants of civilizations we know nothing about, except that they were the original builders on that site. They left no written records, but we know they existed. And they were only found because echoes of their city (or one of the successor cities on the same site) were immortalised in an ancient poem. But we have more and more accurate ways of dating what is found, so, given that we know the age of the Earth, we can now build fairly accurate timescales for our species' progress.

MARK DOUGLAS.

Cellphone
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Last edited by Hekate on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"lacking in imagination" or "living in the real world"?

Easter Egg
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, a lot of things we thought weren't possible happened, such as the attacks of 9/11. We never thought that something like that could happen, but we were wrong. Maybe the Martians many millions of years ago did something to cause their downfall. We might do the same...

Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Otterfan - that's the first time anyone's ever accused me of living in the real world! Laughing

@SP - to come back to Earth - look at the things that are constantly being found - cave sites or campsites where our very remotest ancestors (with apologies to any Creationists reading this!) lived and in some cases died. There are places like Hissarlik (more commonly known as Troy) which contain remnants of civilizations we know nothing about, except that they were the original builders on that site. They left no written records, but we know they existed. And they were only found because echoes of their city (or one of the successor cities on the same site) were immortalised in an ancient poem. But we have more and more accurate ways of dating what is found, so, given that we know the age of the Earth, we can now build fairly accurate timescales for our species' progress.

Even events like 9/11 have their equivalents in the ancient and not-so-ancient world - and as history always repeats itself, then you could say something like it could have been predicted.

Except that nowadays people would rather study 'celebrities' than something as supposedly dry and boring as history or archaeology. Crying or Very sad

MARK DOUGLAS.

Cellphone
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic