SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

aol - aaaaarggggghhhhh

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have always been supportive of aol (heaven knows why ?) but yesterday was priceless.

Apparently they are switching servers to improve connectivity and I accepted the download as it warned that I would lose my connection if I didn't. So guess what ? - I lost my connection, or more accurately it put me in a loop of telling me to download files, then restart the pc. Then it repeated the sequence - fun huh ?

I rang the helpline in some place in the world that they have managed to find people with an IQ smaller thatn 1, though it takes literally hours to gain an audience with their hand picked idiots. Suggestions that include going on to the internet (without a connection - how ?) and get a disc from somewhere to try. That didn't work anyway so it saved me wasting my time with that.

The stupidest tech person I know - me, managed to solve it. I saw the error files and saw that it was unable to find an installer. I then did a search for that installer, which wasn't where it was looking for it and when I clicked the exe file it miraculously put everything right.

This was after I had done numerous reinstallations. This probably won't help anyone else with the same problem, as they won't be able to get on the internet to see it. Anyway I had to have a vent, and a bit of self congratulations on managing to get on the internet in spite of aol.

I must go and destroy something now. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
This probably won't help anyone else with the same problem

Probably not mate due to the fact that you're the only person left in the civilised world still using AOL Laughing

pony pony Mortar x18
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bomb: Sadly my parents still use it.... so I suppose I am going to get a call......

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think they're doing it selectively, a part at a time, so your parents may be lucky and at the end of the queue.

I'm going to have to upgrade myself from ultimate tech idiot now. I wonder what grand title their tech support have ?

I can imagine their selection procedure. What's your name ? - Congratulations - the job's yours.

Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried for years to get my aunt off of AOL, to no avail. Thank heavens, she doesn't use a computer anymore. I'm sure you are not the only AOL customer who suffered their incompetance. Gomer. This one might even make the "papers." It's nice that you are so brainy, and fixed it yourself.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gomer: If you want to work in computer tech support for AOL you will have to degrade you English speaking skills first...

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Mortar x8
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried AOL about 8 years ago.... never again. Rolling Eyes

Glad you got it sorted.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I knew a woman who worked for aol tech support, i used to fix her computer all the time for her. (absolutely true, this was before aol outsourced it)

The advert for aol tech support can be found via google - it has some great lines in it:

"Absolutely no experience required"
"Anyone can work our simple to follow guides"

She knew absolutely nothing about computers, but she did know how to look through an index page of a servicing manual and put people on hold

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember having a free trial with them back in the mid 90's. I soon found someone better. Mind you as bad ISP's go, anyone remember Compuserve?

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Welsh boy
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AOL I am so glad i got rid of them, for a laugh have a look at this link, it refers to a man trying to cancel his AOL account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaaAYVUWP0I
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rodus wrote:
Mind you as bad ISP's go, anyone remember Compuserve?
Yeah, I used them through my company years ago, before there were even web browsers, and my modem was 2400 baud. What a nightmare.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I first had a pc of my own, I had signed up with NTL - they provide the phone line. The usual procedure is they install the line and then send you the bloody disk. In the meantime I installed the 'free trial' AOL disk. When the NTL disk arrived, AOL were notified and ditched.

Anyway, a few months later we had a letter addressed to my baby daughter billing her three months internet use. I replied. Eventually, they were threatening to take my little girl to court. Thankfully, they saw sense and dropped the action.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I never could understand why people fell for this AOL scam. They send out these 1045 free hour/3 month trial disks in the hopes that you forget to cancel it on time and they slap you with some $25 fee. If you do remember to cancel, they usually try to convince to hold on to it for two more months. When you pay the fee, they try to charge you again even though you canceled it.

Then I discovered Juno, ten free hours per month and the first month was free for new accounts. I was twelve at the time so I was satisfied.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^A lot of ISP's used to do that 10-12 years ago. Don't forget that (at least in the UK) even dialup cost a lot.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ah yes, tis be true. Well in any case, thank god for Verizon FiOs.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
Puq
Queen of the pussycats

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Embarassed Am I the ONLY person in the whole wide world that has absolutely no problem with AOL ? "Yet"

FUCK U, FUCK UR PAPA FUCK YA MAMA!SAY THANKS ,IDIOT.i have told u not to bother me aagain or have i not.....foolish idiot.I have another person that will help us do this and it is non of YA FUCKING BUSINESS.ASS HOLE.
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Puq:

Yes! My dad tried to delete his cookies using the option in AOL to do so, and IO.SYS ended up getting deleted!

Mortar x8
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

aol are having major problems at the moment. It appears to be all over the forums. The involvement of CW doean't inspire much confidence.

Quote:
Carphone Warehouse now own AOL UK, they were losing �4.5M per month following this acquisition and have recently upgraded their broadband solution via a chinese broadband provider called Huawei who have little footprint in the UK. Paying peanuts? They are in the process of upgrading their solution/servers/infrastructure and this has screwed up the service delivery to end users like me and you. Spend time speaking to AOL support is a total waste of time.

Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jeeze Gomer,
Nobody should be using AOL anymore. Really, A high gain antenna and random WIFI is more reliable.

Have you looked into a bundled package with your phone or cable company?

The last time I subscribed to AOL is was called Qlink and was a BBS at 300 or 1200 BAUD. And no, I really don't miss those days.

Seriously you should check into whatever bundled packages there are available. I dropped land lines years ago and now just use VOIP or cell phones.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Puq wrote:
Am I the ONLY person in the whole wide world that has absolutely no problem with AOL ?

I've long suspected that Puq is really Steve Case.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Man wrote:
IO.SYS ended up getting deleted!
For the non-cognoscenti, that is like saying I emptied the ashtray in my car and all four wheels disappeared.

Fortunately I have never had to deal with AOL; I have always shied away from it. The software clings to your PC like a bad viral infection. The best way to remove it is to reformat.

If AOL did fire the support guy in the interview, it must be even worse to work for them than to be their customer. He was clearly doing his job the way he had been told to and was required to.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Errrr.... I'm on AOL.

And I have never had a problem with them and the only time I've had to phone tech support (faulty router) the guy I contacted was prompt and efficient.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic