SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

If I post a scammer's Western Union numbers can anybody do..

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
2funny2
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got an email telling me the same old story, responded, and he responded back with his Western Union account or whatever... Of course the bank in England was overrun so they need me to pay $6000 to an alternate bank, but the point is, if I post the name and bank information can people, uhm, report it?
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It depends on what you're talking about.

Will you please post the email so that we can see what the lad told you to do?

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
2funny2
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I guess it's just an address, but I'd like it blacklisted... This is the second email after I responded with some fake information.

Quote:
Attention bob,

Congratulations once again on behalf of the Payment Board. We do believe that your winnings will be put into good use for community, educational and business development. On Behalf of the Screening Committee of Payments Board, I wish to formally announce to you that you have successfully passed the Email Screening and Verification Matching Test conducted for all online Winners in your Category. Hence you are therefore cleared, your cheque has been issued and you can now claim your Winnings.

Winning Numbers 000

Due to high demand of Insurance Payment on cheque from winners outside Endland by the UK Government, we have assigned our payment centre in West Africa to Facilitate the payment of your winning to you because they are Insurance FREE. All necessary documents that will facilitate the clearance of your cheque in any Bank with your name has been processed. Your parcel contains the following documents:

1. WINNING CHEQUE VALUED THE SUM OF �800,000.00 GBP
2. CERTIFICATE FROM THE DONATIONS BOARD.
3. CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN OF FUNDS(C.O.F.)
4. LETTER OF AFFIDAVITS FROM THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE, STATING THAT THE DONATION WAS RECEIVED LEGALLY FROM THE UNIVERSAL DONATION PROGRAM, AND DUELY SIGNED BY THE LEGAL ATTORNEY TO THE WINNING BOARD.

Transcorp Courier Services

joe
TEL: Tel: +123
E-MAIL: [email protected]

When contacting them, you are to include this order number (a/b/3) as your subject. Please you are advised to write down the order number and save it for future reference and also comfirm to them your full name address and phone number.

ORDER NUMBER: a/b/3

These documents have been securely sealed and packed for security reasons which makes it impossible for anyone to view it until its been delivered to you. Winning delivery details below, For safe delivery of your Winning Cheque and other Winning documents:

48hrs Delivery

Mailing: �90.00 GBP
Handling charges: �40.10 GBP
Vat: �30.70 GBP
TOTAL: �160.70 GBP

IN DOLLARS $320.00 USD

Send your payment with your correct delivery address to:

Transcorp Courier Services

Payment Directive: Western Union Money Transfer
Payment Receiver: (Accountant) steve
Address: 123 street
Fill bellow information when payment is done
MTCN Number:
Senders Name:
Amount Sent
Text Question :
Answer:
send payment to:

This company declined reverse payment for these charges, stating that it is against their professional policy towards ensuring the safe delivery of the cheque to you. That if a reverse payment is made, and something goes wrong, We cannot sue the courier company or insurance company to recover the full value of the fund as stipulated in the cheque With the above reason, reverse payment is ruled out.

Note: that your prize is protected by a hardcover insurance policy, which makes it impossible to deduct any amount from the money before it has been remitted to you. This means that the above charges cannot be deducted from the prize and hence must be provided by you because your an international winner,before your prize is transferred to you.

This is in accordance with section 13(1)(n) of the national gambling act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3RD july 1996 by the constitutional assembly.This is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds

You have 5 days to claim this cheque and after this period,your cash prize will be deemed to have been forfeited by you and will be re used in the drawings of the next edition of the lottery.

Best Regards

Mr. jim
(Head of the Prize Remittance Division)

Original email available upon request. If somebody [me?] could call Western Union and say "Hello please ban/blacklist a scammer with this address..." it would be great, but I don't know if that is possible?
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you.

No, there isn't anything there that is reportable.

Western Union and the other wiring sites can be picked up anywhere, not just at the location a clad claims he wants to be.

Stuff that is reportable-

Bank account information to which you are supposed to wire money. These get sent to [email protected] with headers.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780

Fake bank information gets posted in the Fake Banks forum so that we can have the site suspended.

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its all crap. You are being asked to quote a made up "order number" to an anonymous webmail account. The name and address you are trying to blacklist is also going to be made up.

Lads don't give you real information about themselves.

Edit

Beaten to it by the Teacup!!

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
2funny2
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Isn't he saying to wire $100s to him though through Western Union? Wouldn't the address be real?
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No.

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to expand on TS's perfectly accurate and short response, the way WU works is that you send money to the specified person from your local WU branch, you provide your name and address and (optionally) a security question and answer. They take your cash and they give you a MTCN (reference number).

You then email these details to your lad - remember he's on an untraceable email account.

Once he has your name, the amount, the MTCN and the security Q&A (if used), he can go to any WU office in the world and pick up your cash. The name you sent the money to is probably false, and the lad has forged or stolen documents to support him picking up the cash (or the WU office has someone who is not too bothered for a small consideration).

And so your cash is gone, and no-one knows where it went. And if WU were to investigate, they would confirm that the person that you sent the money to picked up the cash; they may be able to identify which office from, but there the trail goes cold.

Hope this helps.

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tsnerd wrote:
No.

Or to be more accurate, "Yes and no".

I have never before been able to correct something TS posted.

Sorry for the complete quoting of the previous post, by the way.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Snerd logic:

Even if a lad gives you a real address, he isn't actually going to go there to get the money. So, the address really isn't 'real'. Wink

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

2funny2 wrote:
Isn't he saying to wire $100s to him though through Western Union? Wouldn't the address be real?

What I meant to say - Yes, he's asking for money, no, the address isn't real.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah. Very Happy

I should have specified my 'no', sir. You are correct.

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic