SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Are lads that poor?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mr Otto
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whenever there's a safari, we always read lads saying they need to borrow money to get to wherever they're asked to go. And they cry that they are indebted because they had to borrow money or had to sell their stuff, after the scam breaks down.

I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, but does anybody actually think a lad has to borrow money to take a bus? Or that they would sell their camera, cell phone, etc? Rolling Eyes

These guys are ripping people off left and right out of a lot of money, I think they can afford a bus ticket. The only reason they cry broke and indebted is to try to extract sympathy and more money out of their victims.

A safari does waste their time and money, but I'm sure they aren't taking out any loans or selling their possessions, or going hungry after it ends.

-First of all,I observed from the beginning that everything I did provokes you which I have never experienced in my life.

-As for me I have a strong Christian upbringing which thought me to �do unto others as you want them to do unto you� which is the golden rule. my only worry is if my 50% share is safe with you not after we have secured the fund in your possession you will now change on me.

-I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord.

-I am pleading to you to forgive me because if there is not quarrel, there will be no forgiveness.

-Be careful with their e-mails so that your parcel will not be in danger with their evil planes.
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some Lads might be that poor. I don't think you can ever state a general rule on Lad finances.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Mr Otto
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think they are all filthy rich like the top scammers probably are. I'm sure a good percentage of them are not doing that well. But I can't see a piss-poor lad selling off his last possessions or taking a loan to chase some longshot dream.

-First of all,I observed from the beginning that everything I did provokes you which I have never experienced in my life.

-As for me I have a strong Christian upbringing which thought me to �do unto others as you want them to do unto you� which is the golden rule. my only worry is if my 50% share is safe with you not after we have secured the fund in your possession you will now change on me.

-I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord.

-I am pleading to you to forgive me because if there is not quarrel, there will be no forgiveness.

-Be careful with their e-mails so that your parcel will not be in danger with their evil planes.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea, Yastreb's right, you can't generalise. Some are really poor, and it does indeed put them into debt with their mates to get a bus. Others drive around in expensive cars.

It all depends on whether they're any good at it, how long they've been doing it, whether they have a good format, lots of factors really.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
budanzig
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i also wouldn't be surprised if the ones that actually are on the safari are poor. I'd imagine that the better lads who have money wouldn't use up their own time and would instead find a poor lad go do it for them with the promise of part of the payoff.

Check out Jim Norton's new book - I Hate Your Guts
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

Some lads are dirt poor, some have a lot of money, and the rest are somewhere in the middle, just like anywhere else in the world. However, being that they are basically thieves, I tend to think that most of them are rather poor. That is one of the reasons that scoring a safari is so tough to do. Of course, the more believable you and your story are, the safer the lads will feel about traveling.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

Also the lad could be lying about borrowing money. I know, I know, hard to believe. But entirely possible.

They could have really borrowed the money too b/c I'm sure they're cheap bastards the lot of them in addition to being greedy.

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
Khaan
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Imagine a gang of lads. Are the lower ones going on the safari, or the ones that are further up the chain? At first I thought the lower ones would go, for the same reason budanzig mentioned, but wouldn't it be risky for the gang to lose a victim because of a poor sap who doesn't really know how to handle them?

Don't forget to visit 419 S-C-A-M: Scamming Con-Artistic Mugus http://www.freewebs.com/419scam/index.htm
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr Otto wrote:
... does anybody actually think a lad has to borrow money to take a bus? ...

Hey, they're scammers. If you were a scammer who wants as much money from a victim as possible, would you say 'sure. I'll just jump in my Mercedes and drive off to where ever'?
kurat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If I had to choose:
a) Lad is broke and in debt, because he loaned money for a safari
b) An innocent person got scammed for ~$10000 and now his/her life is screwed up, he/she is in debt and they don't have a house.

A

EDIT: I personally think that they whine because they hope you will send them money because you may feel sympathy for them...dunno.
They might not be rich, but I don't think they sell their stuff everytime someone sends them on a cross-Africa tour.

Cellphone x107
"I believe that you would not want to hear more of a lawyer language and grammars" - Saint Patrick
"so for my lawyer I want to also seriously sit on the emails I have received" - Mrs. N1na M1lha
"If i don't see you guys today.I probably would starve and have no where to sleep as i cant access my account here while some are low on cash" - Jo3l Akum1ah
RoyalFlush
Eater U Quiz winner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be nice if the lads were really selling off their "toys." I mean...they got their phones and such by scamming, so why should they get to keep those things?

It's you and your family that don't have ENOUGH BRIAN CELLS.

I am dying because of your love you,ve impacted in me.

pony
rumbero
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As mentioned above. In any culture you find the 3 social economic levels.

Mugus also range in this category. I had my lad sell his laptop to meet the
holy priests in another country.

As far the the mugus trying to rip you off, well....................... every chance
they get. There has not been one bait where the
lad will not ask for money.

Pith Helmet Lagos to Ghana Opus Dei Templar
Pith Helmet Nukuru to Mombasa 1,500 kms van donation
Pith Helmet Co bait with SlowFreddy Sao Tome island to Gabon Pith Helmet Lagos to Abuja Co, donation
YOUR WIFE WILL GIVE BIRTH TO A MONKEY, YOU ARE GOING TO SUFFER FROM EPILEPTIC,
LET YOUR MOTHER FUCK YOUR BEST FRIEND. LET YOUR FATHER FUCK A MAD STREET WOMAN, USELESS INTERNET FRAUDSTER. (barrister Dan )
I bet u , soon , u will be laying in a close casket ,
will make u understand that i'm a spiritual man (Makinwa the retarded mugu)
in juses name u will dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
( Makinwa)
justinv
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Im aware of the existence of "poor scammers".
I had a scammer who came up to me on the street and told me he needed to borrow $20 so he could (apparently) pick his daughter up from hospital and send her home because she has asthma etc...
I said no, walked away and went into a pub. 2 minutes later, that same person walked into the pub and put a $20 note into a poker machine. Shocked He was then ejected from the bar and I heard that this person has been in and out of there all day begging money from people so he could gamble.
What is the point of stealing from someone, then throwing it away?
Lew_Skannen
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope they are poor but just to make sure send them on extra long safaris.
Internet time costs them about 100 naira and hour and to put that in perspective a manula labourer gets about 300 naira for a day.
Phone calls are also very expensive so the more often you can get them to call the better. Never call them but insist that they call you and then tell them inn very slow ponderous terms about everything under the sun.
Insist that they demonstrate their sincerity by calling regularly.
etc
Be assured, even a two minute call from a lad totally screws his budget for the day.

Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We know for a fact that some safari lads had access to plenty of money as and when they needed it.

YW, Jojo, Red & Cachuma have all managed to get one or more lads to take an international flight. Now, that doesn't come cheap.

On the other hand I know that on more than one occasion I have had a stranded lad that had to sell his mobile so that he could afford the bus fare home.

They will always tug on the sympathy strings though, its like second nature to them.

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
cvb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of the African based scammers seem to be fairly poor but I the European based ones certainly seem to be fairly rich. I have had some mugus going around Paris in a taxi trying to meet up with me for a couple of hours. Can't have been cheap.

p.s. I only have their word they were in a taxi but in context it did seem to be the truth. They were mighty aggravated when they could not track down my hotel.

He is in for a big shit this time.we have located his destination in the northern part of Nigeria were he lives with his family.I will suck his balls out of his pants once we get hold of him on our trip.

JACK WARNER Nigerian Scammer
Mr Otto
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Simba wrote:
On the other hand I know that on more than one occasion I have had a stranded lad that had to sell his mobile so that he could afford the bus fare home.

That's what I mean... do you really believe he sold his mobile phone? I just don't believe it.

foxtrot911
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Otto - my guess is that some are real, some not. Has anyone actually obtained some sort of concrete, indisputable proof that a lad did sell something for a safari? Surely someone has...

YOUR FATHER, I WILL MAKE SURE I SWEAR MY ORACLE SO THAT I CAN GET MY NUTS AGAIN, FUCKING CROOKM U THINK U CAN STILL OUR FUND DONYT U KNOW THAT I HAVE A PLAN FOR U BEFORE - Say33d Ny@ng0m3n

I am very dissipated in you. -Barrister Gr@ham St0ne

Click here to support 419Eater.com
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rich or poor? A bit pf each. And most lads lie 100% of the time. Who cares? They all deserve the same treatment. Emotional, physical, spiritual, and financial pain, and lots of it! If it results in them stopping their scamming, good. If they end up in jail, even better. If the sharks get them during a church cleansing ritutal, oh well.... hehehe Twisted Evil

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr Otto wrote:
That's what I mean... do you really believe he sold his mobile phone? I just don't believe it.

In that instance, yes.
We had enough traces on that phone to know that it was being used in a different country to its former owner.

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of the lads that are doing these safaris are of the poorer genre. I know for a fact that one lad that I work with has borrowed a great deal of money for his adventures. He has sold a TV. He has borrowed money from his uncle for all sorts of things.

Other lads just complain about borrowing money. They do that because they don't want to travel. But typically, if they believe you enough, they will find the funds.

South African lads seem to have the most money of all of them. YW, BW and I had a SA lad who, without hesitation, sprung for a plane ticket from SA to Egypt. Once there, he bought himself a GPS locator and went on quite an expensive trip. It has been my experience that SA lads are the best equipped of all African lads. Nigeria and Senegal have seemed the poorest to me. However, Nigeria has so many, that may be a very inaccurate conclusion.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr Otto wrote:

Some scammers will happily drop their phone into a bin if they feel that they're being monitored... they just get new ones.

Reminds me of the line in Heat: (Robert DeNiro's character)
Quote:
A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Much of a succesful scammers life is disposable.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
thomas-the-tank
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Mugatu --- that's a great line, and one that we should always bear in mind when dealing with the lads - I'm sure that's the rule they live by.

On the subject of mobile phones, how many does a well set-up lad have with him? And do they label them so that they know which alias to adopt when they pick them up?

"I have come to learn the world is pregnant."
"Besides i am on a GLOBAL ASSIGNMENT WITH THE UN, so be reasonable and leave insults"
"suck your blood untill you resemble stockfish"

United Kingdom x 3 x 2 Ivory Coast Australia x 2 Benin
Safari Wole A x 4!! :
pony pony pony pony Goat <= don't ask about the goat! Inventor
Sleepless
Goat Licker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well not that I'm really up on these things, but I roamed around West Africa by land last year, sooo...from observations:

Quote:
On the subject of mobile phones, how many does a well set-up lad have with him? And do they label them so that they know which alias to adopt when they pick them up?

While most just carry one, I saw people with as many as three cell phones on them. The larger markets are full of them. But you really don't need a phone number for each "bait". There are phone card sellers on each corner. In Benin a SIM with nominal phone credit was about 8 dollars. A lad can have dozens of phone numbers just by swapping out the SIMs.

So a lad can easily sell his phone to another lad, pick up a shiny new one in the market, and keep the SIM and therefore his number.

"You demanded for tampax i bought it now where are you?" - Z4k3 4dams
United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x19, Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safaris- Lagos Nigeria to Paga ("Crocodile City") Ghana; repeat Lagos to Tokwari Ghana - 3800mi. (With SH & Craig & Frumpy )
Safari Safari Safari Nancy, Security Guy, Robert Accra to Tamale (with SH)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic