SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Secret Shopper scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fishhead
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received a letter in the mail w/o a return address with a Canadian stamp not postmarked. Inside is a letter offering you a customer service evaluator position and a fake cashiers check. Gives you the instrustions to shop at Sears and Wal-mart. Paid training of $180/hr. You get to keep what you purchase and wire the balance via Western Union Money Gram. There are several mis-spelled words in the letter that tips you off.

Letterhead is as follows:

York Group Services
700 Plumbrook Rd
Sun City, FL. 33573

Tel:1-866-918-4482
Tel:1-647-830-5079
Fax:1-800-783-0447

It is signed by a Debra Green
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's a nice one, cash the check and spend it all, then tell Deb you need more as you only have 16 hrs of steady shopping. Don't thank her, you never say thanks to your boss, it's work no charity Very Happy

-------EDIT------
cash the check in your virtual world of course, never take that check anywhere unless you're a LEO, if you have to hang on on it, write in big letters void or fake on both sides or even better take a picture after you made your mark and burn it

-----Moderators-----

Thank you, my bad, wasn't thinking apparently.
Back to start and no money I know I know ;(

Last edited by bill2 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:12 am; edited 2 times in total
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know Bill is joking but just in case you did not catch that, please do not cash those checks as you know they are fake!

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bill2 wrote:
. . . cash the check and spend it all, . . . .

DON'T even think about that.
Bill2, your post may have been in jest but, just to make sure if any innocent potential victim turns up here and reads that, it's a bad idea to even contemplate in the US.
There are more victims facing fraud charges for offering dud checks (cheques) in the US than scammers facing similar charges.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

freflyer
Could you please post the full email from this scammer, or letter, as I would really like to post it at scamwarners, so other potential victims could be warned.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Fishhead
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, here it is. These people need to learn to spell. The letterhead I posted is above all this. Just a letter that came in the mail. Also note no contact info for Debra Green. Hope this helps.

Jan. 16th 2008

RE:(Your Name)
Position: Customer Service Evaluator Rep ID#:02289AK64

CONGRATULAION! Due to the information we have ascertained,I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected to become one of our representatives.

Please be informed that there is a probation training assignment that you are required to complete within 48 hrs.This training assignment takes about 2hrs to commplete and is a PAID training. Training pay rate remains $180 per hour.The aim if this training assignment is for you to familiarize yourself with the practical feel of what secret shopping entails.

This assignment has been put together to be completed at any Wal-Mart or Sears location. The objective of this assignment will be to evaluate the effectiveness and effciency of a payment system called "Money Gram" or "Western Union".

Your job description would be to pose as a potential customer to the assigned place of business and evaluate the effectiveness,efficiency and customer service of the particular establishment.

NOTE:ENCLOSED IS A CHECK FOR $1950.00 TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR ASSIGNMENT;IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT UPON RECEIPT OF THIS CHECK THAT YOU CONTACT OUR OFFICE(1-647-803-5079 OR 1-866918-4482) IMMEDIATELY, FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN THE AUTOMATIC STOP PAYMENT ORDER OF THE CHECK.

Below is the breakdown of attached funds:
EVALUATION AND TRAINING PAY-------------------------$360.00

Your tasks are as follows:Sears purchase -------------------------$50.00
Wal mart purchase----------------------$40.00
MoneyGram/Western Union transfer---$1,400.00
Service Charge by Western Union-----$100.00

Total--------------------------------------$1950.00

In the process of this evaluation assignment,please take note of the qualityof service in order to be able to fill out a fair and unbaised opinion on the Customer Service Evaluation Tol (CSET) form enclosed enclosed with this letter. This form should be faxed back to our office after the completion of your assignment with the Western Union Control Number or MoneyGram reference number.

HAVE FUN!! HAVE FUN!! HAVE FUN!! HAVE FUN!! HAVE FUN!!

Sincerely,

Debra Green
(Human Resources Manager)
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So no email communication? Shocked Just the check with a letter attached?

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

Fishhead
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes. That is how it came. All the numbers work. 1-647-830-5079 has a recording in English than goes to French. The 1-866-918-4482 is the contact number for your instructions. I understand that is mail fraud. Should I give it to the post office or put it on the bottom of my parrots cage.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We're back to the sixties then, that person must have had some bad luck online Wink
No way to communicate, only the telephone, but it's a federal offense, so better inform a LEO or wait till there's better advice here, save the envelope, they might want to figure out the origin before they sent a nice $0.50 WU to see if he picks it up.

1-647-830-5079 gives:
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Canada
City or exchange location Toronto, ON
Original network provider* Fido Solutions Inc.
I have free calling in the weekend, if......... I can ring there ? LOTTA??
1-866-918-4482 gives;
Number billable as freephone number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location
Original network provider*
reverse lookup doesn't give me anyting so far, so he using his brain a bit.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder if the lads are doing the two way scam, where you pay money to get information on Secret Shoppers, and then you get the fake check scam after you pay Smile

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
Fishhead
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BobCat, the letter just showed in my mail box. I've been job hunting and I'm sure they have a job offer scam going. I found a thread when I googled the company. Those who fell for it contacted a guy by the name of Mike. He gives the victim the name to send the WU to. Mine was going to be someone in H0ust0n, Tex4s.

Last edited by Fishhead on Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
BA_Bulldog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks to me like you get a $1950.00 bad check to cash and he gets $1400.00 western union free and clear!

"Your fund with us is not in liquid form but in Bank Check"

"you are to give me up date of your affair with the courier company"
Fishhead
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@BA_bulldog

There is the upside, I would have gotten to keep what I bought at Walmart and Sears. Laughing
BA_Bulldog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

check the post Checks in the mail. You aren't the first.

"Your fund with us is not in liquid form but in Bank Check"

"you are to give me up date of your affair with the courier company"
Fishhead
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

oh i know, when i spoke with the security director at the bank she gave me the whole picture on how these people operate. i posted a pic of the check.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic