SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hmmm, interesting modality in a check scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From reading this, I'm beginning to think that this guy's been burned before. He's directing me to take the checks to a check cashing place rather than a bank.

Or, are their real victims reporting problems with the banks rejecting their checks?

Names changed to protect the innocent.....and the guilty... Laughing

Quote:
Dear Elte Baiter,

The information you sent has been received. However before we can proceed with you. There is a very important issue which we must address now to avoid any problems and misunderstanding between us later.

First of all I would like to know if you have performed this type of function for any other company before now or done anything similar to it? Are you employed?? if so what is your job profile.

Regarding these payments; you will be sent the payments in the form of cashiers cheques. The payments will be in your names as our agent. It is important to us that you are able to get the funds the same day you cash your cheque. We don't want a situation where by we are told to wait for several days or weeks before the funds are available to you. This is not acceptable to us at all. This is to say that if you cannot get the funds at the time you cash your cheque then it means you can't really do this for us. If we still have to wait several days before getting our, then the purpose of employing an agent is defeated. I hope you understand our point.

As a result of the above condition you are required to cash your cheques at any suitable cheque cashing centre in your area. No more going to the bank to make deposits. The cheque cashing center will verify your cheque before giving you the money. Do you know of such cheque cashing centres in your area? It is up to you to find a suitable one where you can cash your cheques. The fees for the cheque cashing should be deducted from our own share not yours, your 10% commission is still intact. After your commission and fee deduction you will send the balance to us. So if you accept this requirement as given here then let us know so we can proceed with you.

Finally you will be sending our funds to us via Moneygram. I hope you are familiar with their service?

Kindly respond to the questions above and issue raised here so we don't have any problems later. Thank you.

Regards,
Ima Bouttobehad

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not familiar with the working of these cheque cashing facilities, but if there were any chance that they would be so easy to dupe I imagine that they would have their local partners use them.

The quick check I did indicates in the UK that they are looking to cash pay checks, bank drafts and the like, though indicating that they will consider any, I imagine that they are likely to be even more rigorous than a bank in how they check them, especially if the presenter mentions how they acquired them.

It seems to indicate that they must be facing problems in having their fakes accepted successfully through banks - nice to hear.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Whatever the reason for this, I'm going to put together a story about a check cashing place open 24//7 that I've used before to cash my paychecks. I'm going to be a fast food restaurant assistant manager who works odd hours....and yes, this place has cashed other checks for me as well, and they're right across the street from where I work.

Interesting that he's insisting on MoneyGram, but the check lads seem to like them better than WU....or at least the check lads that I get.

Watch me "botch" the MTCN when the time comes. Laughing

I'd sure love to get some more angry voice mails to add to my collection.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've used check-cashing places IRL and (a) there are limits to the amount you can get cashed on a check (b) many require customers to register and with the exception of payroll checks the first one must clear the bank before cash is delivered (c) as a private business rather than a bank they go to greater lengths to verify that they aren't getting screwed (d) unlike banks, there are prominent warnings about 419 scams, including check scams specifically, posted all over the place in every one I've ever been in.

So, last summer, I baited a check scammer as a young single mother with a few "issues" preventing her from opening any more bank accounts. I told the lad it would be better to use them anyway, since banks are so paranoid and unreasonable about holding the funds for weeks at a time. I wanted to see if I could introduce the concept. The lad eventually twigged on me after I ran off with his money, but I wonder if you picked him up - Ch3vr0n 01l tr4d3 C0. by chance?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ No, this guy is with B3td0v3 3nt3rpr!s3, a company which deals with African prints, textiles, and fabrics. He's told me that they're based in West Africa.

To set him at ease, I'll tell him that I'm good friends with the people who work at the place I'm going to use. There won't be any problems with using them.

I have a funny feeling though, that something will go wrong.

I tend to be psychic when I hang around here. Laughing

Mr Fishe
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GomerPyle wrote:
I imagine that they are likely to be even more rigorous than a bank in how they check them

bearkat419 wrote:
as a private business rather than a bank they go to greater lengths to verify that they aren't getting screwed

That�s been my experience when using them. A lad instructing people to go down this route is a good thing.

Magic eye fun: Western Union MoneyGram
Pre-transfer red tape: Department of Homeland Security HM Revenue & Customs
Mandatory customer survey: Western Union

"I have decided to leave the church and join a travelling circus..." - the original and best
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These places charge significant fees, require multiple forms of I'D, and are used to dealing with erm... not the higher end of the credit spectrum. They often share premises with/are arms of pawnbrokers, and must see/be offered a million dodgy deals a year. They're not stupid, so turning up with a stack of stolen/forged cheques should ring alarm bells.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My reply:

Quote:
Dear (Scam Artist Lowlife),

To answer your questions.....

I have never acted in the capacity as a company representative in the manner in which you describe. I had no idea that such a job could even exist. This is the first time that I have heard of this kind of arrangement.

Second, I work as an assistant manager at a McDonald's restaurant here in (dropbox location). I have been in this position for three years. Before that I worked at Aerotek in a job where I had to solder electronic parts into a circuit card. I have served in the Army and my job there was to perform maintenance on tanks.

Third, there is such a place that you describe that is next door to where I work. I have cashed my payroll checks on several occasions, and I am friends with the manager there. There isn't going to be any problem cashing the checks there. I believe that he is also a payment/transfer agent for MoneyGram as that I have seen the MoneyGram sign in there before. I have never used MoneyGram before but I am very sure that the manager there will help me.

Sir, I really need this job. I am divorced and I am making child support payments and it is very hard for me to save money for a new car. It really is not in my interest to cash the check at the bank and have them tell me that they can't release my funds and that I have to wait. I need the money now.

Sir, please give me a chance at this job. I promise you that I will faithfully execute my duties to you to the best of my ability.

Please sir, give me a chance, and let me know what your decision is.

thank you.

(Barry Kelly)

There are times when you have to grovel, and this was one of them. I call this "setting the hook".

Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know why, but for some reason I have a gut feeling you're hired.... Wink

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Yep, it's official. They're glad to have me! They are promising my first payment by Friday of next week.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic