SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Help needed with possible pet related overpayment scam.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fat Cat
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi I'm new here Smile
Could anyone help with this please. I maintain the website & email for a boarding cattery, on the 31st Jan I received the following:

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:29:38 +0100
Subject: Can you board my pet in your home?

I will like you to board my Cat as from February 20th 2007 till April 20th 2008, and as for his health records my shipper will bring all necessary documents with him, when he brings Ryt to you. I will need you to let me have your price for this service so also I will need your full name and address plus phone number to make your payment to via a check as soon as possible.

Peter Rawlings.

Note the date, I thought they ment feb 2008 so I replied with a price for boarding the cat for 61 days at a cost of �335.50. In reply I received a return email:

Quote:
To:
Sent: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 09:17:21 +0100
Subject: Re: Can you board my pet in your home?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR EMAIL, I HAVE ASKED MY CLIENT TO MAKE OUT THE PAYMENT TO THE NAME AND ADDRESS THAT YOU GIVE ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THE PAYMENT WILL BE IN AMOUNT OF �2200 SO WHEN YOU GET THE PAYMENT YOU WILL SEND THE BALANCE MONEY ON IT TO THE SHIPPER THAT WILL BE COMING OVER TO DROP HIM AT YOUR PLACE,HE HAS NO SPECIAL DIET BUT HE FEEDS ON FRESH FOODS.

My shipper will bring all necessary Vaccination papers when he comes to drop him at your place.

Please let me know when you get the payment.

PETER RAWLINGS.

Hello I wasn't born yesterday. I sent a number of replies which he ignored just choosing to reply "its ok let me know when you get the cheque" (now copying the way I spelt cheque as opposed to the original 'check')

My last email I sent as follows:

Quote:

Subject: Re: Can you board my pet in your home?
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 16:28:11 +0000
Hi Mr Rawlings, did you receive my email requesting that you should pay your shipper direct?
It is preferable to us that you do as it can sometimes take weeks for a cheque to properly clear. Could you please send us the amount of �335.50 for boarding and pay the shipping fees of �1865.50 direct to your shipper otherwise we cannot proceed. We also need to know the name and address of the shipper plus your contact details & detail and contact for the quarantine kennel. Information on the cat including details of breed, age and vaccination papers.
Address and contact details for you or your client. If you have already sent a cheque to us for �2200, we will have to return this to you, we will not cash it. please reply asap
Kind regards

xxxxxx@xxxxxx

I went on a bit but thought this might finally get rid of him. All went quiet for a couple of days but I've just got another email today just saying I should of got the payment by now and to let him know!!
I or rather my boss hasn't received anything yet. I'm getting annoyed now, can anyone help please?

Here is the email info:

Received: from po-out-1718.google.com ([72.14.252.157]) by mrsite.co.uk with MailEnable ESMTP; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:30:00 +0000
Received: by po-out-1718.google.com with SMTP id c31so1151537poi.0
for <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 05:29:38 -0800 (PST)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=googlemail.com; s=gamma;

domainkey-signature:received:Deleted - Page Blowout

DomainKey-Signature: Deleted - Page Blowout

Received: by 10.140.180.13 with SMTP id c13mr1466339rvf.188.1201786178238;
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 05:29:38 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.141.42.20 with HTTP; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 05:29:38 -0800 (PST)
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:29:38 +0100
Subject: Can you board my pet in your home?
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_5833_18776781.1201786178235"
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-Read: 1

Sorry its a long post

Kind Regards
Fat Cat

budanzig
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If he has any real information on you or the cattery, then all here will suggest you stop all communication with him going forward...

and then bait him for a new address! Smile

Check out Jim Norton's new book - I Hate Your Guts
Fat Cat
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi thanks for the reply Smile I will ignore his last email asking if we have received payment and see what happens! will post any update, many thanks Very Happy

Oh his last email has a different IP etc:

Received: from qb-out-0506.google.com ([72.14.204.231]) by mrsite.co.uk with MailEnable ESMTP; Wed, 06 Feb 2008 15:15:27 +0000
Received: by qb-out-0506.google.com with SMTP id e34so5373687qbe.6
for <[email protected]>; Wed, 06 Feb 2008 07:15:01 -0800 (PST)

Also he is +1hr from the UK, Nigeria maybe?

spot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If Scammer Rawlings hasn't already arranged for the cheque to be posted to you, he may have seen the warning signs when you wrote this

Fat Cat wrote:
If you have already sent a cheque to us for �2200, we will have to return this to you, we will not cash it.

However if you do receive a cheque (and because he has your real life details) simply tell him that you tried to bank the cheque and your Bank told you that the cheque was fake.

He will soon move on to his next victim.

(GMT+1) covers a very large area

Fat Cat
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, thanks for the advice Smile I did receive an email yesterday ignoring what I said in that email totally, it just said that I ought to have gotten the payment by now (which we have not, yet anyway!) and to let him know asap. I've just ignored this & i'll wait to see what transpires. Confused

Many Thanks Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic