SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

newbie with a few quick questions

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dillon
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

g'day guys.
ive been reading the posts for a week or so now and have gotten much amusement and enjoyment from te site so far.

I decided to go for my first trophy telling a glad to hold a peice of paper
with my name written on it. unfotunately i cant upload the photo but it appears to just have been superimposed onto a photo onto a letter using photoshop or something similar. is this a common thing ?

Also this particular Vlad claims to have money but keeps asking for my banking details so a friend can transfer me money then i can forward it onto her? I had never encountered this one before. is it some sort of money laundering scheme?

and finally.. it seems 97% of the headers i go all come through " the bat!"
Shall i safely assume that these are all scam emails or should i have a little faith in mankind ?

cheers from Australia

Dillon
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Dillon and welcome

Having your first Vlad photoshopping her name onto a photo is a little unusual, the vlads will do that if they do not have access to the girl in the photos but will more likely ignore the request, make an excuse or leave you as a baiter.

Never the less, yes, a Vlad will often photoshop a picture for you and they often have the skills to do a very good job.

The claiming to have money allready is more commonly a lad thing but the vlads have a different reason for asking.

Now let me take a guess, has she asked you to open a StGeorge account.

As you suggested it is a money laundering type of thing where you are to be one of 2 victims.

The money would be from a compromisied account and is to be deposited into your account, you will forward the money to them by Western union leaving you holding the can for the money that will appear you have stolen.

They may also attempt to get access to your account directly afterwards so they can drain your bank account in the same way

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
dillon
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

cheers Murry

she made no mention of a St George account and actually said i should open up a new account if i wished too. strange i know. apparantly her friend married a guy in my country and he is quite wealthy and paying for her to come out here. apparantly they are both invalids and cannot leave the house so they want to transfer the funds from their account also in Australia into my account and like you mention i forward it via western union to the vlad.

The IP address is in the Netherlands which is a little unusual . most are either USA or Russia that i receive.

Also a little research made me realise you cannot assume The Bat! is used by scammers. apparanlty it is popular in the FSU as common as outlook express is to us...
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No huge surprises there,

There has been a few occasions lately where they insist on a StGeorge account, the excuses will vary but I haven't heard that particular one before.

This is very hard to bait as they will accept only the bank account details you provide.

I haven't been successful with this myself but you could ask for the bank account number that the money is coming from, if the information checks out we may be able to warn the owner of the bank account.

This is about the best we can hope for with that scammer and it is unlikely you will get it, without trying we know you wont so give it a go, you have little to lose.

Make up some excuse as to how having that information will make you comfortable with the transaction.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Tasman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the same thing but it is a cousin in Cuba that is paying me the money so she can get the tax to allow her to sell the house and then be with me. I have offered to buy the house but she has a buyer set up!

I think they have someone in a bank who sends the money out (this is common for ATM scams in this country). Often this remains undetected or the bank will just cover up and refund the money to the victim.

Give some crappy bank details and keep baiting. For example I said my bank was HSC. It failed as no account exists, so I said my bad it is HSBC. Please resend. Mean while I am wasting her time and trying to get trophies... which is proving hard but the main objective is being met.

"What you can tell me now? Maybe Russian Mafia, Godzilla, Hitler, third World War
prevented you make a transfer?"
"You are not bigger than Almighty God.If You were created by God, then i command the charm you are using to fail.IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH. REKE MAMA LAKKAKULIMAKA." Barrister Aby
"fock yuuuuuuu" - Kevin Ezeh
"i hope u r real..bcos u r sounding like a joker now" - Day0
"If you have nothing to say or do, go f**k yourself." N4na

Ivory Coast
United States <- Fake dog adoption site

pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Dancing Banana

Mortar x20
dillon
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

turns out we were right and it was a money laundering scam. here is the email from the silly fellow that got sucked in::

Dear Sir

I wish to report a scammer to you who is laundering money. I am a retired schoolteacher of 68, divorced and living alone. Last year I joined a website 'Russian Ladies' for one month and I imagine my profile is still on the net. I have been contacted four times since my membership expired. I have been scammed by two of these ladies.

Lyubow Shipkowa aka Luba contacted me around Xmas last year saying she was looking to meet a man from Perth as she was going to Perth in the near future to visit her girlfriend Oksana and her husband who were paying for her trip. Nearly every day I would receive an e-mail from this lady with each one claiming to like me even better. I was getting to like Luba and was looking forward to her arrival in Perth. She claimed Oksana and her husband were deaf and dumb and therefore had trouble communicating with banks, etc. She asked me if I could help with a money transfer from Oksana and her husband. The money was to be transferred into my account and I could open up a new account if I wished for the transactions. I checked with my bank on the safety of this procedure and was assured that they could not get access to my other accounts. I went ahead and opened the account and sent the details to Luba. The transfer of $1900 was made which I duly sent to her by Western Union. I then closed the account thinking that I wouldn't need it again. The following day I received another e-mail thanking me for the money and saying that Oksana was transferring another $2000. I quickly went to the bank and reopened the account. The second transaction was not made as the bank must have had a report of a customer losing money from his account. I had a telephone call from the bank a little later saying that a fraud had taken place and the money had been stolen from another person's account. I then sent all the details and e-mails I had on Luba to the fraud section of the bank.
Would you please place this person on your black list. I have attached two e-mails and a photo. I hope this will suffice.

Yours sincerely
Andy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic