SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What gets some baiters so angry about particular scams?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Bait this POS!

Quote:
Gang up on this worthless toe rag!

Quote:
Mass bait this utter creep!

I see this a lot on eater, and obviously I gather that some scams touch a raw nerve with some baiters. Common ones I've noticed are the exploitation of youngsters, and the use of a US Forces character by a lad.

Now my view is that all scammers are equally worthless. They're all happy to exploit the deaths of real air crash victims, cancer sufferers, whatever. All vlads are happy to prey on the terminally lonely. And all lads are equally happy to take $500 from an elderly woman say, whose husband has just passed away, and who can't pay the heating bill. All the more experienced baiters here will have seen examples of that.

I just wonder what it is that makes some baiters take certain scams so personally?
After all, to them, it's business. Much like it's my business to screw with theirs. I don't discriminate.

Views?

(Disclaimer: This isn't aimed at anyone, just a trend I've noticed. My apologies if the random quotes at the top ring any bells)

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well for me, being a member of the military, I take particular offense to scams exploiting the US Armed Forces because they already have a negative image now. Some people are stupid enough to believe that US soldiers are actually pillaging Iraqi people. Also, it's dishonorable all around to tarnish the image of people who save lives.

In general, if you were a fat guy, would you be more hurt if someone called you stupid or fat? Think about it that way.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony

Last edited by Ex. on Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can't avoid personal reactions to some scams.

As I said in my This Made Me Mad thread, I lost both parents to cancer, and cancer scams just make me angry in a way that Boxing Day Tsunami or S11 (for example) scams don't. I can't help my reaction.

I understand the purpose of your question, Mugatu, but that's all I can offer.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know what you mean Mugatu - to me there is no hierarchy of scams or scammers. They are all pond life. However, I think love scammers deserve special contempt because not only do they rob vulnerable people of their money, they also break their victims' hearts in the process.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Mugatu - I completely understand where you are coming from with this question. And I guess, as the guys before me have mentioned, it stems from a bitter personal experience.

Personally, I am quite thick skinned about most scams but charity scams in particular, get up my nose.
Maybe because these scams not only target a vulnerable and well meaning victim, but they also deprive people that are genuinely in need of charitable help.

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And in general, they spread distrust of truly genuine operations and overall make things harder.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
MrPeterFyle
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know what you are saying Mugatu - I have also wondered why there seems to be some vendetta from certain baiters towards certain scammers.

I suppose some of the scams we can laugh at - with their silly characters and poor english, and as mentioned above - the ones who use real plane crashes etc to help their story seem a bit more seedy. I guess it all comes down to interpretation but as you say - these are all people who would gladly do a runner with any amount of money from anyone without a second thought.

Go and pay the $550 charge and your fund will hit to your country without further delay at all - Rev. J1m And3rs0n.

today my country is having a football march for the african nation cup.so i pray that they will win.well i just cooking rice and plantain,with beef - Eun1ce

here in africa no body likes deaf people (sweeping statement) - Eun1ce

thank whom ever you are but i am not a 419 eaters - Eun1ce

pony

Smile
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ex wrote:
Some people are stupid enough to believe that US soldiers are actually pillaging Iraqi people.

Some people are also stupid enough to think that young, pretty Russian girls go around stealing money from men in other countries. Or that they've really won the lottery. Or that Barristers from African countries are not to be trusted.

Ex wrote:
Also, it's dishonorable all around to tarnish the image of people who save lives.

It's also dishonourable to tarnish the image of Pastors, Barristers, or dead people from plane wrecks. But that's my point, that's just what scammers do..

I don't talk about my RL on here, but my line of work is similarly exploited by scammers. I don't view that scam as being any worse than any other, as I say I can't see why I'd take it personally.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, some of us are just really into what we do and stand for. Its like home invasions and robberies. Sure you hate the people who do them, but you hate them more when they do it to you right?

GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I bait Lotto Lads mercilssly because I'm on a Mission from God

They are the bottom feeding pond scum who spam their scams out like automated dung spreaders. They are cheap and worthless, like their scams, and likely to be passed by as unfun and avid script huggers by baiters, so I aim to match them with an appropriate weapon that picks up their scams and shoots back scripts designed to make them pray for divine forgiveness.

I'll always jump on scams aimed at charities or abusing the sick and dying too.

As I get better organised, I'll expand my areas of special attention.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate charity scams, cancer scams, deaf person scams and disaster scams, all equally. I know that all scammers are evil, but..... those ones stomp on my toes a bit more.

I still prefer NOK scams as being the easiest to manipulate. They're scum, too.

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I appreciate that everyone has a particular niche of scam that they like to go after for whatever reason. Like Gnasher said, I find the love scammers to be the worst emotionally, and also the most effective and slick.

What I really meant was why do people ask for help in baiting one particular scammer who has obviously pinged a nerve on a personal level with them? I just find it odd when other scammers are hardly being paragons of virtue at the same time.

Marvinator
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I personally get upset when someone uses REAL LIFE people, charities or disasters to try and scam money.
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I jumped on my pet check lad, Raymond for a couple of reasons. First, it was right after the DDOS attack on this site, and he boasted that it would take 50 baiters or more to even put a small dent in his business. I like a challenge like that. When I found out how intelligent this guy is, it made me madder at him, because I know he was scamming many vics. I'm really enjoying breaking him down emotionally, while the others are getting their mitts on his financial dealings. I like the team effort that goes into breaking this guy down.
I don't like charity scams, or nok sick cancer scams either. They also get special treatment.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate the love scammers because it's not just the money they steal, it's people's hearts as well.

I hate the vlad because their particular style of scam can mean a person can send thousands of dollars to them without the scammer ever having even read a single word they wrote. It's automated scamming at it's best.

I hate the lads because they will put so much effort into scamming a person, really making someone believe they're for real (or is that 4real?). Most other types of scam may only require a few emails, but love lads will spend hours and hours grooming you on IM before hitting you for the money request. I've had lads that have spent up to 100 hours "preparing" me for the scam before hitting me for the money request.

And the "falling in love" thing really makes me angry, especially when you know it's a guy behind the pictures of the pretty girl. Imagine having to tell someone they fell in love with nothing more than a few photos of a woman stolen off the net sent to them by a male scammer. Evil or Very Mad

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know... I can't see any reason why some people would get angry. You know they are scammers and you've made the decision to go after them.

In my mind, you need to keep yourself somewhat distanced and not get involved into it this much.
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GomerPyle wrote:
I bait Lotto Lads mercilssly because I'm on a Mission from God

No Gomer, that's Jake and Elwood.

It's not night, you don't have a tank of gas and half a pack of cigarettes (but your avatar does have the sunglasses) Very Happy

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to raise an ethical question Shocked

Is it far to make scammers cry ? Question

Who cares - send me the tapes and I'll use it as background music to brighten my day. Laughing

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crying?

There's no crying in Lad-Ball!

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
ChainYanker
Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hitman scams really bother me. I mean, with other scams, at least the victim feels they have a choice whether to take it or leave it. Whereas the hitman vics think that their very lives are in danger, so they have to bite. (Ok, maybe I didn't write that so well, but you know what I mean).

Also charity scams. You have these people are are genuinely trying to do a good deed, help save people, and they end up being robbed blind. I'd imagine that afterwards these people are a lot less likely to donate to genuine charities in the future.

It's true that all scammers are lower than pond scum, but some pond scum is slimier than others.

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For me its fake cheque scams. It preys on some of the poorest people in society. The unemployed, the disabled, single parents, the old- all the people who can't get a proper job for a variety of good reasons. These are generally people who don't want to claim benefits/welfare WHY!!

I put Raymond up for team baiting purely because he was such a person and because he was stupid enough to tell me the "piss off and leave me do my business"

All the daft sod had to do was not reply to my mails and he's still be in business!!

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
CrimsonSapien
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Military scams are one of my pet peeves. When you can relate to something from personal experience it tends to hold a higher significance then other things.

I have never lived in Russia, nor have I known any scammer to take advantage of a situation in which someone personally I knew died. But I was a soldier once, and I remember all the hard work I put in. So when those Lads decide they want to devalue my brothers & sisters in arms, well then, they just spread their butt cheeks open for the FOAB's to be delivered by yours truly.

I hate all scammers, but I reserve a special place in on the rack for certain types.

If you have Lads running US military type scams. Feel free to <a href="/forum/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=1753">send them to me.</a> Twisted Evil
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugatu I understand your question. You are asking why, when there are so MANY lads, and so MANY different types of scams, and all of them are equally heinous and vicous, why do we sometimes feel the need to ask other baiters to target one particular lad, or type of scam, over others? They ALL deserve to be baited into smithereens, so why discriminate, right?

There have been some good answers in here as to why certain types of scams strike a nerve with some people. I have my own faves - I love baiting hit-men, and I have a particular affinity for going after any lad that I see tries to scam a child. That's the Mom in me...I imagine the lad going after one of MY kids, and it makes my blood boil.

But I think the answer you are looking for is...we all do know that there are a bazillion other, just as disgusting lads out there. But somehow we encountered this ONE lad...and we want to get HIM. This ONE lad struck our nerve, and that makes it feel personal. And there is just something satisfying about going after the lad you KNOW is doing the one thing that pisses you off -- and getting him. That is just more fulfilling than going after another nameless, faceless script-sender, y'know?

At least, that's how I feel. I hope that helps!

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
veruca41
papparazzi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with CrimsonSapien - if a certain scam tactic hits close to home, it's just going to piss you off more. Mine was the scammer who claimed to be holding funds from Holocaust victims. It particularly enraged me as I used to work for a Holocaust survivor. She still had her camp tattoo on her arm.

If you apply pure logic to all scammers, sure, they're Equal Opportunity Scumbags. Some just push your buttons more than others.
PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Like others, I particularly loathe and detest romance scammers and any who use human suffering in their scams. I find this elevated disgust analogous to having special fondness and connection to specific issues that are near and dear to my heart (e.g., abused spouses and children; animal rescue). I can't bait every scammer so I gravitated towards the ones that piss me off the most. All scammers are scum, but some scum is scummier.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic