SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Someone just tried to break in GRRRRRRRRR

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No, I am pretty sure they were destroying your property if they did that Weasel.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Reminds me of a time when my wife and I came home one evening, must have been 1990 in Wellington NZ. We had a split level house, four floors, and you entered on the second floor and went through the kitchen and down to the living areas on the bottom floor. From the kitchen you went up a half flight of stairs to the back door and first bedroom on the third floor, then up another half flight of stairs to our bedroom and bathroom and toilet at the top.

We came in, through the entry, through the kitchen, up the first flight of stairs, and then felt a draft of wind. Looked around, and found the pane of glass besides the back door had been taken out of the window frame and leaned carefully (and intact) against the outside house wall.

The Police came and dusted for fingerprints, found smudges on the inside surrounds of the window frame and reckoned that the burglar was half way through the window when he heard us opening the front door. We never heard him leave, he must have run up the bank behind the house through the bushes to the road and away.

Some months later the Police arrested someone for a burglary and found his notebook, there were hundreds of addresses with notes on details of the houses, when people were home, how many there were, approaches and departure paths, etc. Our house was in the book.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What a stupid criminal. He committed legal suicide there. Glad no was hurt though.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey SP, that pretty much sucks. Like you say, its just as well you were there, instead of your wife and son alone. Glad the chav scum saw sense and ran - you must cut a pretty mean figure in the dark! Laughing

As for home defence (apart from the dazzling array of airsoft rifles/pistols, which should hopefully scare off the casual "chance" burglar) I sleep with a "Little League" baseball bat by the bed, its solid wood, and the smaller size makes it easier to swing in close quarters. For anyone truly passionate about stealing my hard-earned goods, there is also a sword on a stand at the end of my bed... Sounds a bit much, but I have a friend with two young children who stay over a lot, and woe betide anyone who breaks in while they're in the house.

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another thing that's really on the plus-side for a sword is that it doesn't make so much noise as a gun makes.
You don't want to wake up the kids will puncturing the guy who tries to break into your place, right?

Just slice him, burry him in the back yard with all the other guys who tried before, and then get back to bed as if nothing happened.
Won't work if you use a shotgun!

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My sympathies SP.

I'm not in agreement with the gun or sword lobby, here in the UK burglars still tend to come in unarmed. When they start to know that you have weapons, then rest assured they're bringing weapons too, and it only gets messier.
In addition, I think a lot of the US readers are obviously unaware how little protection we have from the law when it comes to defending property. Someone defending their house with a gun or a long bladed weapon in the UK is going to jail for a long time.

Strong locks and deadbolts is about all we can do. Oh, that or a big dog.

Once again, my sympathies SP.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I think even having a big dog can get you in trouble. After all you are responsible for keeping that dog away from the crooks private parts. Although that's exactly where you want your dog to bite...

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad to hear you and yours are all OK SP. You had a lucky escape.

A work colleague got burgled one night whilst asleep with his young family. He disturbed the b*stard()s who made of with cash, credit cards and mobiles. When he went into the kitchen - where they gained entry - he found two carving knives removed from his draws neatly arranged on the worktop. Shocked

My advice would be to get a police Crime Prevention officer round for a full survey of the security of your home and sleep with a very meaty baseball bat next to your bed.

I heard a good story a while ago about some guy in the UK whose shed was being broken into. He phoned the police whilst the guy was still in the act. The police responded that they were far too busy to attend. The guy chased the scumbag off and then rang the police back and told them they didn't have to attend anyway as he had shot the b*astard. Ten minutes later numerous police vehicles, including an armed response unit, and helicopter descended on his house. Baffled by the lack of a victim a copper said "I thought you said you'd shot him?" To which the man replied " I thought you said you were too busy?" Touche.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Tricia
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@B.L.Z. Bubb, rootuser: Uh... if you have swords, then I sure hope you are training to use them? Swordfighting in close quarters is fast, and if you don't know what you are doing...

Case in point: a friend of mine almost killed himself with a real katana. He lost the grip while training and hit himself on the head - the blow was hard enough to knock him out for a while. Thankfully he got hit with the blunt edge of the blade. Now he's training with a regular bokken. Razz

B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tricia wrote:
@B.L.Z. Bubb, rootuser: Uh... if you have swords, then I sure hope you are training to use them? Swordfighting in close quarters is fast, and if you don't know what you are doing...

Yes. The pointy end goes in the other man, right?

(Sorry, a guilty pleasure, I love the film Mask of Zorro just for that one liner)

In all seriousness, the sword is more an ornament than anything. I'd like to believe that in a last resort attempt to protect my friend and her children that I'd use it, but the truth is I'd be more likely to come out swinging with the baseball bat...

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

pony Mortar x24
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I got myself a few nice sword-scars here and there too, but hey: No pain, no gain. Right?
But by now I'm confident enough that I'd be able to use the sword without slicing myself.
I'm not saying I'm good, I actually think I'm far from it, but I have learned to control the blade.

It might be interesting to face somebody on close quarters sword vs. knife. Speed-wise the advantage clearly goes towards the knife, but the range of the sword is bigger.
Not that I really want to try it, but it's worth a thought.

Mortar

pony pony
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All this guns and swords stuff is very macho, but far more likely to get you or a loved one injured.
Also, in the UK if you sleep with a weapon close to hand and things cut up rough, you could be asked to explain why you have set a trap for a burglar (cf Tony Martin) and could face prosecution.

It's far better to ensure your property is secure, including fitting a perimeter alarm if necesary.

Best of all though, is a great big dog - you'll not be questioned at all if the dog defends his territory.

[edit "s**t" changed to "stuff" so as not to offend the gun lobby]

get your baiting forms here
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lol, you guys make a good point. Guns aren't safe unless you trained with them in the dark, which is usually when burglars invade. Also keep in mind that even the standard 9mm parabellum can pierce crappy drywall.

Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ex wrote:
lol, you guys make a good point. Guns aren't safe unless you trained with them in the dark.

I've trained with them in the light, the dark, everything. I've carried one at work for many years now.
But I still wouldn't want one in the house. A gun is never safe, especially if the other guy gets hold of it.

Ex wrote:
Also keep in mind that even the standard 9mm parabellum can pierce crappy drywall.

Yes it can, good point. It's handy to bear that in mind when your kids are in the next room.

For UK users, Eamonn's words ring very true. Thumbs up

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wouldn't be setting a trap conform more to something like spreading bear-traps in front of your windows?
You need some place to place your sword, and that often enough is in the living- or bedroom. Mine actually hangs on the post on my side of the bed, so it actually is ready to grab. But the reason why it is there is that there is no room to place it in some nice position, and also because a certain little boy can't keep his fingers from it if it would be more accessible.

For me a sword is mostly a piece of decoration, but if really necessary I might consider it as a tool of intimidation.

I'm a peace-loving person, so if possible I tend to avoid trouble, but I also am willing to face trouble if it's unavoidable.

Edited to remove a "little" mistake. (See below...)

Mortar

pony pony

Last edited by rootuser on Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

rootuser wrote:
I'm a piece-loving person...

When talking about swords, one should be careful of spelling - it can change the meaning drastically. Laughing

pony Mortar x24
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hell, you're right. I better go to correct that...
But it was good for a laugh, wasn't it?

Mortar

pony pony
Mr Fishe
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Since I think SP is fairly unlikely to arm himself with broadswords or grenade launchers, can we keep on topic please?

@SP Sorry to hear about it mate, it�s a shitty thing to happen. Getting the crime prevention officer out is a good idea � deterrence is the best defence for burglaries and they�ll have plenty of good suggestions to make your place less inviting.

Magic eye fun: Western Union MoneyGram
Pre-transfer red tape: Department of Homeland Security HM Revenue & Customs
Mandatory customer survey: Western Union

"I have decided to leave the church and join a travelling circus..." - the original and best
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

rootuser wrote:
Wouldn't be setting a trap conform more to something like spreading bear-traps in front of your windows?

Nope, Tony Martin was a Norfolk farmer who was fed up with getting burgled so he left a window open and sat in the dark with a (illegally held) shotgun. When the burglars came he shot them both.
Fred Barras was shot in the back and died within two minutes. He was 16.

Martin was convicted of murder, reduced on appeal to manslaughter.

Guns aren't big or macho or fun.

get your baiting forms here
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

S.P.
Glad you and your family are ok.

Have you thought about having your windows double glazed?

I agree with Mugatu about not having any weapons in the house, with the laws as they stand and a clever lawyer in the uk, the house owner could end up in prison, just for protecting his property, if a burglar is injured or killed.

Our son who has his own house, heard a noise one night whilst he was in the kitchen, on investigation he found a idiot trying to lever out the frame of his patio doors. Do know who was the more surprised the idiot, (who more than likely had brown trousers), or our son who does weight lifting.
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ all these silly UK weapon laws

Proud to be an American Wink

friday3
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hire a team of ninja to hang out in your kitchen.

Anyhow, as that fishe guy said. We are not a gun, sword or ninja forum so lets not get into debate over guns etc. Especially since SP is UK based I highly doubt he cares what the particular law is where you are.

The above text is the sole intellectual property of friday3. Reproduction without the expressed permission of Friday3 is a breach of copyright punishable be a fine of up to $50 000 (payable by check) and/or 5 years jail.

"Hubbard is a "crackpot" and of "doubtful mental background." - From FBI files concerning L, Ron Hubbard

Mods have a wonderful sense of humor; you just aren't funny

Jolly Roger
Mortar x21

Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SP, sorry to hear about your experience, I was burgled at 14:00 on a Saturday afternoon, I'm still looking at the window film idea, but my burglars used a crowbar to pop open a small window, someone squeezed through it, they had been unable to get the big window open.

Locks are the first step, window film, ok if its to stop them smashing the window, but unlikely in a block of flats?
As you know, in the UK we aren't allowed to mount any effective form of defence as we get the blame and face more criminal charges than the burglar.
Grills work, but is it really necessary to turn our houses into prisons? sadly, in this day and age, yes.
If you want to go down the window film route pm me, I have had a company send me some samples of film, I can give you their details.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
leeuwen
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd have to take a look into the statistics, but as far as I'm aware you're far more likely to get shot in your own house during break ins when you own a gun.
I agree with Mugatu's reasoning completely. Fighting fire with fire isn't really the way to go with things that can shoot you.
Most of the close encounters on this forum ended in a burglar running away at the first sign of trouble. I'd like to keep it that way.

Also, I've seen people getting arrested in this country for fighting of an armed robbery (after it happened though), so I wouldn't want to know what for trouble you could get for shooting trespassers.
Somebody mentioned dogs. In this country atleast, you can only be blamed for the behavior of your dog when it's behavior was not an normal reaction to a situation. For example, if you keep beating a dog with a stick and you get bitten, tough luck. I think the same would go for breaking into a house with a dog.
Out of interest: I would like to know something more about people getting blamed for things happening to people that break into their houses. What kind of circumstances etc. If you have a newspaper link or something for me it's much appreciated Smile

I do like guns for sports and there is nothing wrong with using it for that kind of purposes. I should get some practice on a shooting range one day, but for some reason I never got around doing that.

"IM STILL SLEEPING IN STREET WITH HEAVY CILD HERE AND I CONTACT YOU THROUGH NET
FROM THE MONEY I BEG FROM ETHIOPIA EOPLE FROM STREET. PLEASE IM WEAK AND TIRES OF LIVING WITH OUT HELP. "
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad you're ok SP, get a nice big dog. Great home defense.
@all the firearms enthusiasts, this is the UK, posession of a pea shooter is now probably illegal.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic