SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Not so happy cat thread

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is Amadeus:

A few weeks ago he started loosing weight, yesterday he got diagnosed with Leukosis.
This is bad, very bad. He doesn't seem to be suffering a lot from it (yet), but we're facing having to make a decision we really don't want to make. Sad Crying or Very sad

Fight My Brute
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am sorry to hear this.
Having lost two cats, after them living with us for many years, some years ago, and being there when one of my friends' cats got his injection I know how it feels.

As said, I am sorry that you have to face this decision.

I know it's easy to say and hard to decide, but you should from now really keep an eye on your little tiger. One of ours didn't show any symptoms, but one day he was hiding in a corner, all smelly and stuff. When we took him to the vet there were no options.
Please don't let it get that far with your cat, if you see him suffer it's better to make the hard decision early, than letting him suffer.
As said, I know it's easy to say, but I think it's true. We all don't want to suffer, and animals shouldn't need to suffer too if it's avoidable.

So, again, I am sorry to hear that your kitty isn't a happy chap.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Much as I do joke about cat bowling, I did lose a cat two years ago to cancer. She was quite an old cat, but it doesn't make it any easier. If the old boy is suffering at all, I think the only desicion you can make is to cut that suffering short. If he's not, then leave him be for as long as possible. I hope you find the courage to do the right thing by him.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Mugatu.

As a family we have owned several cats over the years, and I am usually the one that ends up taking them on that final journey.

I think that, as animal "owners" (you never own a cat - it just decides to put up with you) we have a responsibility to look after any animal we chose to adopt and to ensure that they don't suffer. This last point is difficult, and I have seen many animals in obvious pain and distress who are that way purely due to lack of courage by their owners - because if they don't make a decision, eventually they won't have to. And the only consequences are for the animal concerned.

I wish your moggy well and happiness in his remaining time.

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What a horrible diagnosis. I bet it was confirmed by a high white blood cell count. Was this a viral infection? Was Amadeus an outside/inside cat? Could he have caught it at the vets? Are these viruses floating around your house?
We have a red point Siamese named Leukocyte. Its always been thin but a few years ago it lost half its weight. The diagnosis was kidney failure. Hundreds of dollars later and after a month of a special diet that it now refuses to eat, Leukas is still going. I hope the best for Amadeus.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm very sorry, Wokabo.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very sorry to hear it.

Our own little cat died yesterday at the age of 4.

She woke up in the morning with breathing problems, turned out to have massive kidney failure, fluid on the lungs and so on. We got her to the vet straight away but it was too late; the stress of the trip & the examination was too much for her.

Being a very sneaky character she had managed to hide her symptoms very well until it was too late (we had no idea she was so ill, even the previous day as she was still begging for people food, following us around the house and so on).

I was a cat hater but my wife convinced me to give it a try anyway, and this sneaky little cat was just perfect for us. we'll miss her loads.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry about your cat Wokabo.

I've had cats all my life and it never gets easy to lose a furry pal. Crying or Very sad

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I really sympathize with Firehouse & Wokabo.

This handsome fella is my Leo.

He was killed on Christmas morning by a speeding driver. Leo was only two years old.
We had to keep the news from the children all day long, so as not to ruin their Christmas day, but that was futile as it was an awful atmosphere without the little fella.

We collected a new cat from a rescue centre on Sunday morning, a beautiful young lady with a very confident personality.
We had planned to name her...............Lotta... Very Happy

But switched to Lola at the last minute.... Wink

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wokabo, Firehouse and Simba. I am so sorry. These critters enter our lives and hearts and it is so hard to imagine being without them.

Love Amadeus for as long as you can and let your love guide you to the right path and time.

Dang it. I told myself I wasn't going to tear up.... Sad

That Kinks song always gets into my head whenever I see or hear the name Lola. Walked like a kitty, but barked like a dog. Smile

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for your pain in losing these pets. Sad

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My sympathies go out to you. As a cat owner and lover I know how hard it is to say goodbye. I was on vacation in the middle of an ocean when Booker T. Cat had a seizure and needed to be put to sleep. Thankfully my friend Sallie was there to be with him as he departed this world but I have felt guilty all these years for not being with him. He was my friend and companion for 18 years. He was the most gentle of souls and is greatly missed to this day.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Connie:

we found this cat 4 years ago, he would have been about 1 year old at that time. He was close to skin over bone, and limping around on 3 legs, caused by torn knee ligaments.
He quickly settled in and got to his normal weight very quickly, and got an operation to fix the knee.
When we found him, he must have been out on the streets on his own for several months, probably dumped by previous owners. Maybe he got the infection then, apparently the virus can linger in the body for months or years before popping up again (he got his yearly inoculation for Leukosis, apparently at no alas).

Anyway, thank you all for your support, Amadeus is running around like a young horse at the moment, but we don't know how long it will last.

Fight My Brute
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My first cat, Foster, was diagnosed with FIP when I was in kindergarten or first grade. He was brought to us as a kitten by his mother, who I'm told was not looking too good herself. We had him since I was a baby and he was healthy as a horse up until a week before he died. He probably had the FIP virus the whole time and we never knew it. Had we known, he could have been treated to extend his life. He had to be euthanized and I think a little part of me died that day.. I still miss that cat. He treated me like his own kid. Tucked me in at night, gave kisses on request, scolded me for misbehaving, kept me from under the cabinets, waited for me to come home from school.

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
justicebdone
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

About 6 years ago I lost a cat, Opie. His death was fast and unexpected. We had put up with each other for 5 years. He drove me insane and I am sure I did the same to him. Very Happy I am not even a pet person, but I miss him. My thoughts are with wokabo.

F****** d*** motherf***** if you really sent the f****** money why don't you send the f****** control number at once cos I don't really have the time to f*** around with you anymore....you messed up my own Chritsmas too. Nathan "The Potty Mouth" Hitman

If you dont know you are now the Company Police. The Annoyed Check Lad

BACK the ATTACK
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Firehouse and Simba: I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you.

It's always hard to lose somebody, no matter if it's a animal or a human, and let's face, humans are actually also just animals, so there's not really a difference.
You love your cats as much as you love your family, and they are part of the family.

@Chibuike: I lost my dad a few years ago while being more than 10000km away. But at least I managed to visit him for a few weeks, to be there for him as he always was for me, not too long before.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel your pain. Its never easy to lose one.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
TemporalDistortion
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You have a very beautiful cat Wokabo, and I wish you both strength.

I've had cats all my life and lost both my childhood cats within 12 months of each other, both on my birthday, I'm sure they conspired !

The two I have now are pushing on a bit and I swore I'd never have any more when that day finally comes around, but I know I will, they are fantastic stress relievers and genetically engineered to be bloody irresistible Wink
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

my little monkeys
[img] http://www.4freeimagehost.com/show.php?i=817567890f5d.jpg [/img]

chunky and mom. (mother and daughter)

*THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH MY TIME, PLEASE KINDLY FORGET ABOUT THIS TRANSACTION
*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's always difficult when a much loved pet gets ill.
We've had to make that decision a few times so sympathies
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

update:

Amadeus has been living a happy life, we've been pampering him the last 10 days, and his condition seemed to be improving a bit, even gaining some weight, but yesterday he let us know it was enough. Fever went up sky high and he lost all interest in life, so last night we brought him to the vet, who had him put to sleep. We knew it was coming, but it was sad and hard to have to say goodbye.

Fight My Brute
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to read the sad news Sad
Find solace in knowing the furry fella is no longer suffering, and thank him for sharing his home with you.

dbest03
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My condolences too, Wokabo, on the death of your dear furperson.

Sand Timer x1

I may be retarded for at the moment, but it won't take long before i bounce back to action - Mado Christopher Jr

MY YOU HAVE TO BE SERIOUSE ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND STOP ALL THIS YOUR BLABS OK - CHARLES C. SOLUDO
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry to hear this news Wokabo.

The only consolation is that Amadeus is no longer suffering, and that you gave him a warm and loving home so that he was happy throughout his life..... Crying or Very sad

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My thoughts are with you. As I have probably said before, it is always hard to give the last farewell to someone you love, no matter if he has 2 or 4 legs. A pet truly becomes a member of the family over time, and is not less respected and loved as anybody else. Thus it's hard to say goodbye.

My condolences to you and your family, who have lost a beloved member from your midst.

Mortar

pony pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic