SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

6 arrested in Saitama Pref. over laundering 700 mil. yen

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Miyu this is really great news. Hearty congratulations to you!!

I'm ridiculously curious though - what did you get them to do that got them in the eyes of the police?!

Again, awesome work!

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
miyu
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Peanut.

It was more a case of what they did. The police have been looking into foreign money laundering for maybe 3 years. I just helped things along a little. Wink

[08:08] pastor_jerry45: b4 u try anything on me....i will destroy, i will make ur life impossible (Yim "romance" scammer)

PA writes: I wouldn't mind if you locate the House in Tokyo or Osaka, as long as it is good and very close to where you stay, so that we can always keep in close touch with eash other. (Oh, warm and fuzzy feeling).
miyu
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Felix Steve Asabor was sentenced to 4 years in prison. Isono, his co-hort received a 3 year sentence.

More here in Japanese http://antifraudintl.org/showthread.php?t=6744

[08:08] pastor_jerry45: b4 u try anything on me....i will destroy, i will make ur life impossible (Yim "romance" scammer)

PA writes: I wouldn't mind if you locate the House in Tokyo or Osaka, as long as it is good and very close to where you stay, so that we can always keep in close touch with eash other. (Oh, warm and fuzzy feeling).
Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm puzzled by the emoticons in your post and in the Japanese article.
Scammers going to jail sounds like good news Smile
so why the disappointed faces?

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
miyu
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was a 5 year sentence and the judge reduced it by 1 year. I'm upset because it's only 4 years. Isono got 4 years reduced to 3, one of the mule-girls got 2 and 6, reduced to 1 year 8 months. They'll all be out on the street soon at this rate. This judge doesn't take money laundering seriously. I'm upset because it's only 4 years. maybe that's wrong of me. 20% reduction of sentence just isn't done.

The only thing I can think is that NOW they're going to try and hang the organised crime charge on them. That could add some years to their time. Maybe this sentencing is only the first step in a longer process. Anyway I'm just upset with only 4 years and I'm sorry I had to vent. I'll be a good girl and sit down at my desk now.

Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I would be in favour of a suspended sentence for this sort of crime - ie, hanging Mr. Green

It could have been better, but still think 4 years for the ring-leader is good news, particularly if they might get longer sentences for other offences.

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas

Last edited by Zen on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
miyu
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope you're right. I suspect there's at least one unhappy prosecutor walking around Tokyo too.

It's probably a case of a numpty judge who doesn't understand that money laundering is a real crime. It is, it's even written down right there in the big book of Japanese laws. And he probably is clueless about internet fraud. It's not an uncommon problem in Japan. I have the same problem with the media here and I've given up with them.

miyu
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Word from an unofficial source is that the second phase of their trials will start this month. That is, the organised crime activities. It's similar to RICO in the U.S.

One of my lawyer friends says the problem with the prior convictions is that the prosecutor did NOT ask for a long enough sentence, i.e., he doesn't understand money laundering. Well prosecutors are used to organised crime so those trials should go well.

Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Say hello to "Bubba-San" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Very Nice Work Miyu. Very Happy

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic