SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Carpet bombing lad accounts

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
kubis
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
is the chance that he'll get spooked and burn his account.

And whats wrong with that if you are a vic
Maybe I am old fashioned but I carpet bomb the lads

Mod comment:
This conversation originally started in this thread:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1046069#1046069
TS

Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lads create new accounts in 2 minutes flat. People that were possibly watching the accounts, i.e. law enforcement, the mail service provider, alan's people (where bank accounts are involved) have then lost the leads they had.
Carpet bombing is just not smart baiting in my opinion. I don't think you're being old fashioned by the way, just slightly blinkered towards the end products and aims of baiting.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What's the purpose of "carpet bombing" ?

All the lad does is open another account and carry on, you haven't stopped or slowed him down, he's still got all his victims, and if he shifts his account, people that were baiting, have now lost him, until we find another scam mail from him.

It's just like the mindless idiots that go around tagging with spray cans, all it achieves is nothing, and pisses off people that are baiting

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Carpet bombing can also cost us baiters some of our great baits. While in the overall scheme of things losing a bait is not that big a deal, many of us have spent literally months laying the groundwork for a good trophy or safari. Then along comes some lazy baiter carpet-bombing, and our lad gets spooked and drops the box. This can happen particularly when you carpet-bomb a box that the lad ONLY uses for active magas, i.e. he sends all his scripts out from one box, but then transfers his active vics to another box, so that the only way someone would have that email would be if they were one of his vics.

Does that help explain why it's a bad idea to indescriminately carpet-bomb lad email addies?

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Carpet bombing is, simply put, not a good idea. It inconveniences everyone EXCEPT for the mugus.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If the authorities are already conducting an investigation into the lad (yes, it does happen) Then by bombing his boxes, congratulations, you've just buggered up a criminal investigation as laddie will close them. That is a strong reason why we don't do it.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a similar concept to not burning your lads after a bait. It might seem like it would be satisfying to let your lad know that you were a "joker" all along, but in the end all that does is serve to educate the lad about baiters and our tactics. And the next time some vic asks him for a photo of him holding a sign, he'll know it's a baiter. Better to leave him thinking that he worked his ass off for months, and in the end he just...lost out.

These are concepts that have been thought through for years by very experienced baiters. When you have a pile of mods and experienced baiters telling you that a particular practice (i.e. carpet-bombing lad boxes) is a bad idea, it's a GOOD idea to listen to them. There are more than likely some very good reasons behind their advice.

justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Makes it impossible to track and tie various activities/accounts they may be involved with.

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tsnerd, thanks for splitting the topics. I think this is a good question to discuss, and it's better to give it it's own thread so it doesn't get lost in the other one.

Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

justjay wrote:
Makes it impossible to track and tie various activities/accounts they may be involved with.

I had a pop at you about this in the other half of this thread, Kubis, but when people like Justjay from aa419 says carpet bombing is a bad idea (and that's not to diminish the opinions of Cachuma, Gomer, Rodus, Bruin, Irish and Mugatu in any way, shape or form) you really ought to listen.

Wanna do some real good? Stop carpet bombing and drop into the fake bank forum, or over to aa419 and kill some fake bank sites.

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ kubis.

Regarding my quote in the OP.

Look at it this way: if you're suspicious about something, you normally check it out before acting on it, don't you? You go and get yourself educated?
And that's basically what the lad does. His reaction may differ from closing his account to just being more wary or even doing nothing, but he'll be a wiser lad for all that.
Educating lads is something we stay away from because that doesn't help the vics. It makes them easier for the lad to scam.
So as you can see from the replies here, not only may it throw a spanner into the work that somebody else is doing, but you end up with a more experienced scammer.

Like I said in the thread this was split from: I don't have a problem with mass-mailing insults. If that's the way you want to play it, that's up to you. Just be careful that you check out who you are mass-mailing to. Wink

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
kubis
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aint you the Joe Pesci
take the time to see the split thread

Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey kubis,

Are you just trying to stir shite? Because we're actually trying to help you. You are new at this, and some of us with more experience are answering your questions and attempting to help you understand some of the logic behind our answers. But if you just want to stir crap, then we'll stop trying to help. We have better things to do...like, baiting lads and working to stop 419 crime.

kubis
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

and going on cruises perhaps

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Kubis, it's a forum, posts get split so that people can point out reasons for not doing something or other, like bombing lad accounts, which as you have seen from the replies above is totally pointless and can mess up any investigations the police/authorities might be conducting, having a topic split helps any new or future members who might be thinking about asking the same thing, in which case they can be pointed to this topic to get answers on why it's not a good idea, if you want to get stroppy about it, the exit door is to your left.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^And given the above personal attack, methinks he should not let the door hit is fat arse on the way out.

Then again, it won't bother me a bit if it does.

Last edited by Cachuma on Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Thats not the way I bait cant be arsed on long baits with 1 or 2 want to get the message out to as many Mugu as possible, but not breaking the golden rule to educate the Lads

@ Kubis.

Recognize the words?

Looks like you are in danger of breaking your golden rule.

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Time out.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Snerd's timeout. Please folks, civility toward each other would be greatly appreciated Wink

It's good to have discussions/different points of view etc, but lets not cross over the line and get into the personal attacks.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic