SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I've had it with my phone supplier

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's been one thing after another. I'm very patient, but enough is enough.

I was many years with BT but was lured away by cheap calls and cheap frills.
I'm thinking of going back and signing up for this deal unless you know of anything better (anyone but talktalk that is Evil or Very Mad ):

British Telecom deal

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And it's my 3rd Eaterversary.

wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use Option 3 myself. As long as it works it's a great service. If anything goes wrong, then there's when your troubles start. Mine has been ok for at least 6 months now, but when I had my problems ( a faulty modem) it took them weeks to be persuaded that was the problem and to send me a new one.

On a differnt topic, HAPPY EATERVERSARY!!!!

happy crowd happy crowd happy crowd happy crowd happy crowd

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats on your Eaterversary Smile

I had a cynical look at the BT offer and ended up bookmarking it. I like my current ISP most of the time, but I pay �23 just for the interweb thingy.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would comment about your phone but I am in America and do not have a clue about your system. I will say Happy Eaterversary though!

happy crowd happy crowd beers! beers! happy crowd beers!

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
HellRyder
Pale Tracker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy Eaterversary Windy beers!

go have a blast... get a new telecom provider... Wink

happy crowd

United Kingdom x2 United States x2 Nigeria
Mortar 's
Closed lad accounts 's

Pith Helmet ARK: Tamale (Ghana) - Porto Novo (Benin): "it is a Hollywood movie"

Get your ninja sword and throwing stars here
NO MENTOR & NEW TO BAITING? Here's how to do it!
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy 4th Eaterversary, oldtimer!
That's about 40 USD for internet and phone? I wish I could see a deal like that here, if true. happy crowd happy crowd happy crowd happy crowd

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy Eaterday Windy jump_4_joy beers! beers! happy crowd

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
Dolores
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy Eaterversary! clapping

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy eaterversary Windy!!

happy crowd happy crowd happy crowd

Just signed up to O2- seven quid a month of 8mb and no cap!! ( or 10 quid for the 16 meg service)

All I need to sort out now is how to unlock the ADSL router/modem they supply for SIP Voip!

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Windy. Happy Eater.
Go for it. It seems like a great price.
I just got my phone working again. It took a week and a half after my report to send someone up on the pole. I complained last summer but they had someone come by whilst I was not home and blamed my house wiring. This time I disconnected my house and had a phone wired directly to their wires. Listen, no dial tone. It took four phone calls, two hours on hold, four emails, a chat with an tech in India but I finally had my DSL line disconnected also. Just for fun and games, they tacked on two extra weeks. Parting shot across the bow. That's OK, I think I will dump the phone and go broad band phone also.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Windy, I am also on BT Total Broadband option 3, I was going to try and get a different providor at one point, but decided to stay with BT, I have never had any problems since upgrading to Total Broadband, always on and always fast.

Happy Eaterversary Windy happy crowd happy crowd happy crowd beers!

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats! happy crowd

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can have it two ways :

1. BT provide your service. They own the exchange, cables, poles, manholes, vans, engineers, DSLAMs, the backbone network and pretty much everything else. They charge slightly more because the law makes them but they can support thier customers. They have a resilient and dynamic core network.

2. Johnny-come-lately-telecoms provide your service. They get everything off BT at wholesale rates and charge you a few pence a month over cost to supply it to you. They own nothing and rarely have anyone technical, preferring to outsource any maintenance to the lowest bidder. Any sort of problem costs them money and so they will be reluctant to do very much, preferring to blame someone else (usually BT and usually incorrectly) unless you can prove to them categorically that it's their responsibility.

Like the old saying, You get what you pay for...

get your baiting forms here
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

happy crowd beers! happy crowd beers!

Happy Eaterversary !!!!!!!!

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy eaterversary!

On a lighter subject, I am glad I have my Verizon FiOs.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks! on both counts everyone. Very Happy

At the moment my phone rings once (on it's own), but when I answer it just a dialing tone or occasionally if I'm lucky, a caller. If I try 1471 (to find out who rang) it will only give the last successful call made to us. We can make calls no problem but the line is bad.

This has been going on for over two months now but is getting worse. If someone does manage to get through they hear all sorts of noise on the line before we can answer. Then, after the call is ended, the phone starts the ringing us back on it's own thing.
If I'm on-line at the time it does this phantom ring thing, it cuts off my broadband connection, and it takes all sorts of maneuvers to get connected again.

Last week it started doing the ring once thing in the middle of the night, so now I have to disconnect the phone if I want a decent nights sleep.
I reported it four times before they got an engineer to call me. He asked me to take the cover off the junction box and plug the phone jack into that so he could run some line tests. That was two days ago and I've heard nothing from them since. Evil or Very Mad

@Scam Patroller, I was with them for years without any problems. Though a bit more pricey it was a good service. I only have myself to blame. That BT Hub thing might make my transition to Linux a possibility again, which makes it attractive as well.

@eamonn , You speak the truth.

Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy eaterversary mate! Very Happy

I'm with BT as well, option 2 I think. Never had any problems with it, and I never end up paying more than a few quid a month for extra phone calls. It's reliable enough.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@windypops, is the fault worse in wet weather or when it's windy ? It sounds like a HR/Dry joint or maybe a contact of some sort.

get your baiting forms here
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had almost exactly the same problem. My phone would ring and I get nothing. I pick up the line and get no dial tone. Someone calling in got a constant ringing even if the answering machine picked up. The DSL worked like crap. I would have to reset the modem constantly. The people that they have working for the phone company have not a clue. If it rings, there is no way an extension phone could be off the hook. How could it be a wiring problem if I disconnect the house and still get no dial tone outside? The situation got worse when it rained. I even told them about the junction box that had been left open down the street and the blue tarp covering the phone connections on the pole since last summer. I've heard how bad the service is from the cable company but found out it was not true in this case. They wanted to come out the next day to connect my cable modem. I have not decided what VOIP modality I will use but my wired phone will soon be history.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate

Last edited by Connie L. Gus on Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy eaterverary happy crowd beers!

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Little tale about a recently rebranded cable company, back in the days they were still NTHell (don't believe much has changed except the name, by the way). NTL sold my company a block of 10 consecutive phone numbers and we took the actual wires through BT. One of the numbers NTL sold us was a former NTL customer complaints internal number - boy oh boy did we hear some tales...people would rant to us (thinking we were NTL) about being on hold for hours, about botched bills and abysmal service before we broke it to them that NTL had mismanaged their call yet again and put them through to a completely unrelated (sports advice website) company. I heard NTL customers crying, really. Just to add incompetence to nonsense they sold 'our' (paid for) numbers to other companies, then ballsed up getting them back for us even though we'd printed stationery with our numbers on...

Why do I mention this? Go with BT - you hear moans about them, but nothing approaching the pits from some other providers. If you want cheap/approaching free inland and international calls on a real telephone you can use 1899.co.uk or 18866.co.uk (simple to set up online, then just dial 1899 or 18866 access code, get billed to your card - used them for years no problems quality perfect) and just Option 1 from BT.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic