SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The Unoffical Techie Thread - Mac Users Are Still Welcome :)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let me just side track you lot for a second, i got a question,
If i put one of Theses things into a computer and i got a signal from a wireless thingy will i get the internet or do i need something else in the computer to make it work, i got one of these in the back of my work computer and it works great, now i just bought one of ebay for my mate in the office next door, do i just plug it in and run the disc?
This is a serious question as stupid as it sounds

pony pony Mortar x18
shishtavi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you should just need to install the drivers that come with it and it should work, depending on the security settings of the wireless network.

I use a very similar one at home on my media centre pc

"YOU WONT RUN FAR FROM CR0WLEY AND HIS PLUMBERS, I DONT LIKE MUGUS TURNING ME AROUND." - Denny Both

"it should have occured to me being stranded the second time here in Ghana and your miserable organization cant even offer a $100 for my rescue,idiots!" - M0ses Uz3m3

"I need to get my donation now or else i will be forced to think ortherwise" - m0ses uz3m3
Safari x2 Lagos-Accra
Safari lagos-tamale: courtesy of SP
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ bombardier

You should just run the Windows Driver Installation and just install the drivers. Don't install the software that comes with the CD because its usually troublesome and gets in the way. The built-in utility for Wireless networking for Windows XP/Vista is fine.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

i much prefer s3x in the 4ss - B4rrister 0luwa

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Closed lad accounts x97 (Updated 02/20/09) pony pony
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mac users welcome? thanks but we don't really need a techie thread as we have an OS that actually works. I suggested to a colleague at work we swap totally to macs as a cost saving measure, we could then get rid of the IT dept.
@EX, you say don't apply the software that comes with the CD, apply that to Windows full stop and you're on the right track Wink

Sits back an awaits the flaming

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are 2 things Mac OS is good at: Looking nice, and working well with other Apple hardware. It lacks the customisability of other Unix-based OSs, the interface is clumsy and unintuitive, and you're stuck with Apple's wonderful DRM and vendor lock-in.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DED094DC7559526D

Watch and learn.

JACK B QUICK YOU ARE NATURES ASHOLE DO NOT EMAIL ME ANYMORE OK - R0ger Jon3s (Right you are mate)

United Kingdom x28 United States x9 Nigeria Czech Republic Denmark Argentina Spain Australia Canada Benin Germany United Nations Portugal Question
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Those videos are just as, if not more annoying, than the originals they're spoofing.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firstly you're not locked into the hardware, the os will run on any pc hardware with a little tweaking. Sure Linux is customizable, maybe too much which will mean its always going to be an even more niche os then os x, it's just too beardy for the average user. As for DRM, Microsoft anyone?

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to build a computer that can run around the place with robotic legs and destroy all other computers in the country with a large mallet, just you watch me.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Ex.
Nature's Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The point of the videos was to kindly point out what Macs lack without spelling it all out myself.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic