SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone here live in / been to Africa? Because...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just need to know something here. Why do lads insist on spelling Money Gram with 2 M's? Anywhere I've looked, their official site and forms all seem to be spelled with one M, right at the end where it belongs.

To be fair, the Euro lads might do this too - I haven't really paid attention. But a lot of them make that same spelling error. They never seem to mis-spell WU's name, but MG takes an awful beating when lads try to type their name. If I were MG, I'd launch a lawsuit over the whole thing!

Is that the way it's spelt in lad-land? Against my primal urges, I never correct a lad's spelling (unless I can convince him to mis-spell) when I bait, but how can so many of them make the same mistake so many times?

Any ideas would be most welcome. I'll be over at the bar...
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm curious about this too....but I suspect it falls under the same category as...

Why do they spell Michael "Micheal"?
Why do they spell Chuck "Chcuk"? (Got this one yesterday)
Why do they spell customers "custormers" (even in the actual email addy - as in [email protected]
Why do they mix up first and last names, as in "Smith Peter" or "Jones William"?

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe it has to be the fact that they left school early to start their scamming careers. Mad

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just always mirror their spelling back to them. One of my lads spells wedding "weeding" so we are planning the weeding.

I don't have any idea either but no need to surfer over it. Very Happy

Safari Dan Benin City to Lagos
Safari ARK Tamale to Kumasi
star Hello Kitty! Mortar x41
I don't need you alone for sex. w1l13

i was ashamed this money money was not in the system when we got there to cash it,it made me and my family lawyer look like little children Godwin

'because no one want your progress not every one want your goat to give birth to twins as the man who see tomorrow told me when i visit him in the shrine Godwin

i was rubbed by rubber last friday, they collectted all my money and my phones.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@redshoes, I agree. And it always helps to remember that you rape what you so. Laughing

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And don't try to fraudstrate them, that's just plain mean.

i was ashamed this money money was not in the system when we got there to cash it,it made me and my family lawyer look like little children Godwin

'because no one want your progress not every one want your goat to give birth to twins as the man who see tomorrow told me when i visit him in the shrine Godwin

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cachuma wrote:
And it always helps to remember that you rape what you so.

I believe it should be: "that you reap what you sow."

Unless of course it was done on purpose to make a funny about goats. Then, haha.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Reaper, it was done on purpose, read the thread. Smile

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh a funny about spelling, I don't find that funny. Crying or Very sad

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
EvilSwede
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thay seem to mean that "You are covered in the blood of Jesus Christ" is a good thing... Shocked
Frozboz
AT-AT Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do a search for "hallelujahgobble" sometime... classic stuff Smile

Wooden Trophies: Stormtrooper Helmet - AT-AT #1 - AT-ATs #3, #4 & #5
Brass Trophy: AT-AT #2
Mortar x3
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

*shaking my head* Well I suppose these answers are as good as anny! Very Happy

But seriously folks... names are one thing (I know a number of Caribbean guys, and they really DO have first names like Garfield, Avard, Lancelot, and Godwin), sentence structure is another thing, and their spelling / typos are yet another thing. But have you ever noticed that they never seem to make mistakes when spelling WU, Money Transfer Control Number, etc?

Oh hell, maybe I'm just looking for something that's not there. I spoze I'll stop over-annalysinge the laads and just get bacck to tortoring them!

"Artoo says his chances of survival are 347,562 to one. Of course, Artoo's chances of being right are 354,203 to one." - A talking Oscar award.
Koffi T or Me
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MoneyGram is spelled the same here as anywhere else, but indeed there are two M's: one at the beginning and one at the end.

In many cultures people put their family names first, then what we call "first name," that is one explanation why someone might write to you as Williams Peter, for example.

The more mistakes they make the better, and we should be encouraging them.
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Obi: You should see the names the Chinese like to pick for themselves. The English names are usually picked by themselves, and not be the parents. Also they seem to be free to change it around as they like.
But I have seen people going by the names of "Milk", "Apple" and other funny stuff.

It was explained to me that many seem to choose from the first English words they learn in school.
Many of course also pick real English names, like Peter, Paul and Mary, but there are some who like fruit, animals or other stuff as their name and are perfectly happy with it.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
firepilot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I lived in west Africa in 2006, in a french speaking country (Mali). I dont remember ever seeing moneygram actually. It was just a year or two before that ATMs even began to appear in the capitol city, and there still are not many there.

I did run into some scammers, although not many, and most were from Liberia or Sierra Leone.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic