SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Dating scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sweetly79
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guys
My sis "met" this nigerian/african guy on a dating site a few weeks ago and apparently hes fallin in love lol he says hes from UK but i seriously have my doubts
this is she gave him an address to send a teddy bear to as a present.
she has started to get presents in the mail ordered off australian websites. Things like perfume, mp3 players etc and now he wants her to send them on to him in the UK
he gave a different name to send it to.
I told her to not send it.
trying to work out the angle here but all i can think of is credit card fraud.
Im thinking he either got a creit card in her name as he has her dob and address plus name. or hes using a stolen one to pay for stuff getting it sent to her then getting it forwarded on.
i told her to get a copy of her credit rating. we contacted the company to see what name the credit card was in.
but bit lost on who to report this to if he is buying stuff on stolen credit card and sending it to her name.
any ideas?
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the part that really smells fishy is that the stuff is first sent to her and then she's supposed to forward it.
If all those orders were legally made then there would be no need to do so, right? It would just be a waste of time and money.
Also that he gives a different name where that stuff then should be forwarded to is really strange.

One thing you should check is the headers of his emails. If he's not using one of the services that hide your actual IP, like GMail, then should be able to find out in which country he actually is.

One idea that comes to my mind would be contacting the Australian site and talk to them about refunding these things. If it possible to just send them back and get the payments booked back to where ever they came from.

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good grief! Tell your sister to STOP all communications with him immediately! He is purchasing things with stolen credit cards and the trail leads right to your door! He's starting out with small things because he's grooming her for the bigger things to come later. He is a criminal and he has your sister's name, address and phone number - maybe more. She needs to END IT! before it gets out of control and your sister goes to jail.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sweetly79,

Bad. bad shit, you need to have a serious talk to her,

do not open or unpackage the goods and definately do not pass them on, she needs to keep all of the emails saved on her computer, she will need them when the police knock at her door and ask why she is recieving stolen goods.

If you like I can call or email her and tell her all about what is going on with this scammer to prove to her what she is up to is illegal.

Who is paying for delivery of the goods, the scammer may be passing on fake checks to pay for delivery

The credit card being used belongs to another victim of the scam and if she has details of this account they should be passed onto the bank so the owner can be notified, you could also PM them to a mod who will be able to pass them on.

She needs to cease all communication immediately
Contact the local police and alert them to the scam, it will be much better for her than the police contacting her
Tell her that the scammer will after being ignored begin emailing claiming he is from a law enforcement agency most likely FBI and he will then threaten her that she has stolen the goods, this is another phase of the scam.

If you get no joy getting through to her feel free to PM me and I will see what i can do.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
sweetly79
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

we dont know the credit card number yet. Waiting to hear back.
she hasnt passed them on.

she knows its a scam and she is more worried about the police.
is there police agency we can contact?
I told her about this post so she can check out what to do Smile
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell her to be sure not to try to hide it,

The ACCC has a section dealing with fraud who may be able to help, check out their website, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

besides that any local police station should be able to point you in the right direction.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
sweetly79
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks.
Julian Day
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with all the above advice.

Don't panic, just tell the Police, fully and openly.

Not sure if you're in the U.K., but the cops here are understanding and will not arrest your Sis. But it's important that she's told them as soon as she's realised that something's wrong....i.e. right now, ASAP.

If they pick up the fraud from some other source, it's bound to cast some doubts on her, and waste time and worry until she's cleared of any involvement.

Hope this helps.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
she has started to get presents in the mail ordered off australian websites

Leads me to believe she from Australia, the police here are no different, if she tries to hide what has happened it most likely will not be so easy.

Just remember that all emails either way will help to prove she is a victim, dont delete them, take them to the police, it will go a long way to proving she is innocent

fluffy_cheese
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you goto the police and show them all the emails etc then they can actually take over the case and see if they can arrest this man.

The only way out of this really is to GOTO the police and tell them EVERYTHING. If you are hiding something that makes you an accessory.
You are the victim here. as long as you co-operate with the police they will be able to help you. If not then they can arrest you for co-conspiring and being an accessory, possibly fraud. Get the police to help.

If I bought a car that was stolen and all documents were forged. If I found out it was a stolen vehicle and went to the police with all the documents and the vehicle they wouldn't really be able to arrest me. How was I to know?
If I knew and ignored it? well then I'm as bad the people who stole it in the first place.

sweetly79
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

she has all his emails plus all the msn chats aswell.
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The gifts and any packages that arrive are paid for with STOLEN credit cards!!!!!!!

Your sister is the only person the police will be able to identify in this mess.

If she looks at the invoices on the packages she may see they were ordered and/or paid for by different people.

I'm not sure the local police can do much, but she should contact the fraud or scam department.
People HAVE BEEN prosecuted for accepting stolen goods, not often, but it has happened!

Make sure she does not destroy any emails, or other evidence of contact with the scammer.

This may be the only proof she has that she is a victim herself.

Sometimes victims destroy this stuff in anger, embarrassment, or they think they will cover tracks.

The gifts that are forwarded may be gifts for other victims, items to be sold by cohorts, or even test packages to see if the victim will send packages on for the scammer......

If somebody can check an email header for this lady, you will see where the scammer actually is.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
jeff.sores
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys!
I was scamed twice during year.
first a wonderful lettering with a beautiful woman who was ready to go after me and we decided to start making documents for her coming, it appeared quick and easy, all she needed was the money to pay the travel agent, then without any words she disappered with my 4000$. I was shocked and crushed with that during about two months...

In third time due to this site http://www.antiscamer.com I saved my money!
Be careful
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jeff, welcome to the eater. And I might be wrong but I think that antiscammer site is a scam site too. You should not have to pay for information about scams. Go to scamwarners.com!! Link is above on all the pages of eater!

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't trust any 'scam authority' who can't spell 'scammers', or 'scammed'........................

There are many 'antiscam' sites set up by scammers themselves...

And yes, there is plenty of FREE information on FSU scammers on the 'net already, just look at the two sources in my signature.

themuffinlady
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure how I feel about that guy, that was his only post. Maybe he's spreading the same message everywhere.
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats OK

Valid info has been posted on the 'scamer' board......if it is not deleted.

Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic