SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

More UK personal data stolen

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there no end to the stupidity of these people, leaving his laptop with all that unencrypted data in his car overnight, f***ing idiots Rolling Eyes Mad

Quote:
Police probe theft of MoD laptop

West Midlands police are investigating the theft of a laptop from a Royal Navy officer which held the personal details of 600,000 people.

Police said the laptop was taken from a vehicle parked overnight in the Edgbaston area of Birmingham.

The laptop contains data including passport numbers, National Insurance numbers and bank details.

Full story here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7197045.stm

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

See with all these "little" accidents you would think some manager somewhere would be bright enough and say "To adhere to the data protection act and in line with recent events - No data however insignificant can leave the building by any means" then pay people to process the data on the site.

Questions - Why would the uk send data to USA to be processed? surely there are many people in the UK who need a job and could have been employed to do the work.
Why would anyone need all the data on a laptop? surely he isnt going to be processing 600,000 names etc and you have to ask did he need that on his laptop the answer would have been NO
Why would someone send two disks in the post?

Its this blatant oversight that causes all these problems, a security firm would have stopped it in its tracks by saying "you dont need that data so you cant take it"

If they do need to send data "abroad" then perhaps use there brains and use a secure line and send it as a datastream at least that way when its encrypted the worst that can happen is the line drops but the data cant be "stolen" or "lost"

In 2007 there are so many ways to protect data it beggars belief they dont use them.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey SP cut them some slack!

Let's face it, it's not as though the UK authorities have any recent experience with losing personal data, so they'd have had no reason to be particularly on their guard, or for introducing compulsory encryption for all government laptops. Rolling Eyes

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

digital-one wrote:
surely there are many people in the UK who need a job and could have been employed to do the work.

Wash your mouth out with soap, D1 - this is strictly against the free market that runs all UK lives. The market knows best and will generate the optimal solution (for the shareholders).

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Hundreds of documents containing sensitive personal data have been found dumped on a roundabout in Devon.

LINK

The bloke that found them said it had happened before.

To think they want to be trusted with all our data to make ID cards for us. Rolling Eyes

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't Panic

Now how dangerous could this loss of data be?
I mean the last time something like this happened Jeremy Clarkson published his bank detail in a newspaper to show how harmless it was.
I mean nothing nasty happened to him. Did it?
Rolling Eyes
amerdos
Began Steele's Bitch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am going to get my credit report and see if I have any surprises.

http://www.experian.co.uk/creditreport

Hableme el unico del mundo, digame: Como te hace ese sonido, tan glorioso, que aun hora con anticipacion de el, me ha reducio a un bestia, gruendo, entusiomandose y paliptando
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ old7, yea but they keep losing it, if they employ local people they wont lose it so quickly lol. its when they send it abroad the problems can occur, everyone knows the royal mail lose 6m items every year so a couple of disks have no chance lol. keep it in the same office is the proper solution.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bit of a storm in a teacup this one. The laptop potentially has access to hundreds of thousands of records. Trouble (for the thief) is, you need to connect it to the proper MoD server to get to them. That can only be done through a MoD networked PC, and obviously you need the right username and access, and the passwords.
There is nothing stored on the hard drives of these type of "stand alone" computers, but then of course those sort of facts don't sell newspapers.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone actually believe the shite they print in those tabloid comics passing themselves off as "news"papers anyway? Sadly, it seems like they do.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
M1d0r1
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With a slight topic deviation ... if ID cards were introduced would you feel strongly enough to break the law and refuse (assuming you, of course, disagree with idea) ?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic