SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hi! First post and a question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rich T
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,
I just found out about this sport and I like how you guys think Laughing
Question: a while back I was bidding on a motorcycle on Ebay. I lost the auction, but then recieved an Email saying that the winner had backed out and that I could then buy it. Obvious scam, but I emailed him anyway asking where I could mail the check. No response. How do they make money off of that particular scam, and what's the point* of the scam if they don't want the check?
*I guess I assume there has to be a point.
Bait on!
Rich
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Rich, welcome!

I wouldn't say what occurred is a scam, I've done it myself. I was selling a laptop about 2 years ago and the "winner" was a lad from Nigeria (even though it stated only USA shipping). I offered the laptop immediately to the runner up, who out of pure luck happened to be a friend of my wife.

Enjoy the sport, read up on the stickies, sign up for a mentor (see my signature) if you want some one on one help. And make sure you only contact them using a new email specifically for baiting.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ebay does have something called "second chance offers;" you can verify if the message was sent through ebay by logging into your account and looking in the "my messages" section. If it doesn't appear there, it wasn't sent through their system.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

heh talk about coincidence, Ive got a motorbike here now from a 2nd chance offer.

happens quite a lot with bikes mate its totaly fine, people seem to bid to view the bike not to buy. just pay cash on delivery and your fine
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What are they offering to do to buy the bike?

Where do they want it shipped to?

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic