SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Newbie to this site, but not too baiting.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
scamfighter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to say I have never laughed so hard in my life as when I looked at the pics and videos on the site.Laughing

You all do good work Laughing

I just wanted to introduce myself I am Becky, a 46 year old disabled grandmother, who loves playing with the idiots who try to take my money.

Let me tell you all one of my little stories with people who keep trying to get money from me while telling me they have money for me. It is the Inheritance scams.

At any rate, I have had some fun with these idiots myself. I am not sure how one of these people managed to set up a western Union account and almost managed to get over 200 dollars of my money, but it almost happened. It just so happened that my bank has great security and they notified me of it. As a matter of fact, Western Union was warned and began doing an investigation.

It made the guy mad though because I got a nasty email from him. I told him that that will teach him to steal information which I knew I had not given him. He got scared off when he realized I was on to this fact. He just assumed that I would not catch the fact that he had gotten the information through means which were not from me directly.

I just laughed, with the security at my bank at its peek now, let them try to steal my money. My bank also notifies authorities when these things happen.

I later learned that through the staff at Western Union and my bank a couple of scammers were caught.

I just have to let everyone know that these idiots are getting desperate.

They are trying all types of means to get the information to raid bank accounts. Even if you don't give it to them, they can find means in which to get it. Stay in close contact with your bank.

That's ok though.....I am not scared.

Maybe what is happening here is making them so desperate. LOL

Lets always keep them running scared.
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater scamfighter.

Glad you've got experience in this fun hobby. Hope you've been baiting safe in the past & future.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
HellRyder
Pale Tracker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater Smile

Take a chair, sit down and read some of the stickies... even with experience, there is always something new one can learn... Wink

As OD mentioned, I hope you baited safe. If you feel like being a star mentee, you can sign up for a mentor (Mentor Sign Up Sheet), and show off Cool

United Kingdom x2 United States x2 Nigeria
Mortar 's
Closed lad accounts 's

Pith Helmet ARK: Tamale (Ghana) - Porto Novo (Benin): "it is a Hollywood movie"

Get your ninja sword and throwing stars here
NO MENTOR & NEW TO BAITING? Here's how to do it!
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

scamfighter wrote:
. . . I am not sure how one of these people managed to set up a western Union account and almost managed to get over 200 dollars of my money, . . . .

Hi, and welcome to Eater.
One does not need to 'set up an account' with Western Union.
The only way in which anyone can get at your money via Western Union is for you to remit it.

I trust that when you 'had some fun with these idiots' that you didn't do it using your real details and your real bank account information.

If, as you say, as a result of your involvement a 'couple of scammers were caught' you should be proud. Many of us have spent years actively chasing scammers with very few results.
Please share the details of how you managed to be so successful.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
scamfighter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No the scammer actually set up the account with information they gained which was never given by me. Western Union did their own investigation and found that some how they gained my information using my IP or some other crafty tool. This one had some brains......I have never in my life had a Western Union Account. They had, and this is no lie, used a phony story which one staff member believed to set the account up with Western Union Account and used my information to do so. The staff member was highly reprimanded for the mistake.

I wish I could take the credit for the scammers getting busted. They were busted as a result of the investigation done by Western Union and my bank.

Let me say this.......The scammer who did this was trying to get back at me and he used many tools over a one year period to try to get my money.

We played this game for a very long time. At every turn, I was several steps ahead of him. He also believed that I was a rich heiress of a vast fortune and was very willing to inherit more. So there was always a lot of money dangling in front of him but completely out of his reach. lol

In reality, I only had 2 dollars 30 cents American money in my bank account. lol

This was a move of desperation on his part and it backfired. This guy was a bit brighter then most I have dealt with, but I am so in tune to these kinds of scams that I can spot them easily. My bank contacted me as soon as it was determined that someone was trying to get almost 300 us dollars out of my account using Wester Union.

I do not use real information to trap them....They do a fine job on their own.
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dream on scamfighter .
You've come to the wrong site to be spinning such yarns and expecting them to be believed. Laughing

And, as for the 'most I have dealt with' and the 'I do not use real information to trap them' well . . . . . . . . . Rolling Eyes

Either give us some real examples and results that can be verified or don't expect us to accept that you just happened to breeze in here having had more success as a scam fighter than the majority of Eater's membership.

We'll look forward to the detail of your successes.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scamfighter, perhaps with your expert knowledge and experience you can help me catch these sly scam artists. I don't know if you or anyone here at eater has heard of this scam before:

Here�s how the scam works: two seriously good looking 18 or 19 year old girls come over to your car as you are loading your stuff into the trunk. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and soap with their cleavage almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. It is impossible not to look.
When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say "No" and instead ask you for a lift to some other town.
You agree and they get in the back seat. On the way, they start having sex with each other. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and performs oral sex on you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen on November 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, three times just yesterday, and very likely again this coming weekend as soon as I can buy some more wallets.

Confused I just don't know where to start... Perhaps we can find their IP?

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm... Big boast... Holes in the story... then "Poof" no more communication.

Bait safe Becky. Is this what you were talking about as a WU account?

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Professor So And So
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Breddan - Don't you think you should just go ahead and activate a shield icon in Becky's sig? Enough with the questions already, everyone Confused

Safari - Mr. Neill - London, England - Glasgow, Scotland - "Yu are really causing confusions between us all."
Safari - William - Accra, Ghana - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Safari - Miracle - Benin - N'Djamena, Chad - "Too much mosquitoes"
Safari - Godspower - Ghana - N'Djamena, Chad
Golden Pith - Adamu - Lagos, Nigeria - Abeche, Chad (100 days in hell) - Shocked - "SAVE ME"
pony pony Pretty Rose Suitcase Mortar 17
martyh754
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Longtime lurker, this made come out of hiding and post:

Breddan Butter wrote:
One does not need to 'set up an account' with Western Union.
The only way in which anyone can get at your money via Western Union is for you to remit it.

I have to disagree with that. While the OP's story is a bit tall,
a scammer CAN send money to themselves using a victims stolen information.

One CAN register at western union to use the online sending of money
using a stolen identity and credit card. This is a favorite of eastern european scam artists, romanians particularly. Its only a matter
of time before the lads catch on.

Heres what they do.

1. Get a stolen identity and credit card#
( if a smart scammer keylogs his vic, he can get that info)

2. Create the account at WU online. This is the
registration page: https://wumt.westernunion.com/asp/regPersonalInfo.asp

3. Use the vics CC to setup at verify by visa and then send the trasnfer
to himself or his mules/buddies/whomever

4. When WU requests telephone verification of the transfer, the scammer
then uses a IP relay for the deaf to contact WU and " authorize " the transaction.

While many WU reps know the scam for what it is, many do not and allow
the transfer to go thru. They only try for a few hundred bucks at a time,
not 5 grand, so as not to arouse too much suspicion.

Breddan I hope this clarifies your statement.
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

scamfighter wrote:
I do not use real information to trap them....They do a fine job on their own.

Scamfighter, with all due respect; If you did not use any real information, then where would this statement fit in?

scamfighter wrote:
My bank contacted me as soon as it was determined that someone was trying to get almost 300 us dollars out of my account using Wester Union.

Please clarify..

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
scamfighter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe I did not explain myself properly.

First...I am not an expert. I watched, as many of my friends were falling for these scams and getting ripped off. I felt I had to do something.

I took it upon myself using information I gained from other scam baiting sources my friend had found on the internet, and I began the task of seeing what was going to happen if I responded and played a bit of a game with one of them.

This guy came along with this inheritance scam and I responded. I told him I was a wealthy heiress and could always use more money. Well, he learned this phony information after several back and forth communications.

After a year of playing this game, I could tell this guy was getting tired of playing this game but he wanted the money he thought I had and it was getting frustrating for him that he could not get it.

I still do not know how he got my information to set up the Western Union Account. All I know is that my bank called me and said that there was 296 us dollars coming out of my account from western union. They had called me to see if it was legit because knowing my banking activity this did not look legit. They stopped the transaction from going through after talking to me realizing that I had not authorized this.

Seriously, I have never even had a Western Union Account. Let me explain this. I am in a wheelchair and many days end up being bed ridden because of all my health problems. Everything I do is on the computer. Knowing this it would not be all that difficult for some one to get my information, but I do not use Western Union for anything. I send no one money over the Internet Using Western Union or anything else, but I do shop on line. So they could have gotten the information that way who knows.

But I changed my entire account after that at the request of my bank.

It is not that hard even now to set up a Western Union Account with stolen information. Western Union even explained this to me. If they do this online, which they did, and if they have the information they need; they can set up an account. No one asks them where the information came from.

Let me tell you all something here and now. If you think a person is incapable of stealing your identity......think again. It as easy as typing on a computer. People do it every day. We all make mistakes we are not even aware of. I personally am thinking of purchasing "life lock" to protect mine. None of your information is as safe as you think it is.

I have taken no credit for catching this guy and his partner which I did not even know he had. I had only dealt with him not his partner....How the partner was discovered.....I have no idea. A person at Western Union told me this information which she was not even suppose to reveal to me because the case was already underway. They were checking other kinds of fraud when my particular case came up so the authorities were already looking into some fraud cases of people who were setting up bogus Western Union Accounts with stolen information. Mine was not the only case of this.

Western Union and My Bank did the work which brought this guy down. His mistake was in stealing my information because he got desperate and was going in circles trying to get money from me. I had wasted his time and he wanted something for his trouble. He used a small amount thinking it would not send up any red flags. I just happen to have a bank which is on top of this type of stuff and know my physical condition and banking activities. They knew nothing from western union had ever came through my bank before.

Whether or not anyone believes me about this is not my problem. If you all do not want me here that is fine to. I will not stop baiting whether I stay here or leave. These idiots have stolen from many people I have known. They did not get to do that with me, but that was not because of me it was my bank and western union who took him down. My case only helped them.

I joined here to learn from you all, to get some better ideas and to share in your excitement.

As for proof, I can't really give you that because I was not at the Western Union Office and the bank when this all went down and they are certainly not going to give me details of the case. This was all handled over a telephone because of my physical condition. I did not record the phone conversation with the Western Union lady who I talked to or the bank because I do not have a recorder.

All I was doing was telling my story, Believe it or not that is your right.

If I am not welcome here, I will leave.

Thank you
scamfighter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

419weasel

The information was not given to him....He stole the information. I even went back and checked all my email responses to him to make sure that I had not given this information and I haven't. It is still unclear how he got the information.

Money was taken by someone steeling my information and setting up a bogus Western Union account with my information.

I knew it had to be this guy, because he had asked for this same amount before in emails.

I hope that explains it.
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don,t leave yet.

Guys, i seriously think scamfighter has alot to learn and read however i doubt very much that she is trolling, stick around scamfighter and as you get used to us you will realise why the guys were a bit skeptical over your first post.
Welcome Very Happy

Edit: If im wrong i will show my arse in Woolies on a Saturday afternoon Wink

pony pony Mortar x18
scamfighter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you bombardier

I do have a lot to learn...this is why I joined. It was only pure luck that these guys were caught and was not a result of anything I did.
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

scamfighter,

I am having a hard time understanding how the scammer got any of your personal information to set up an account with WU that your bank warned you that funds were being transferred to if you didn't ever give out your real life (RL) information.

Lads are not idiots, they are criminals. They however are not able to "guess" your personal information, and your bank name and your account number.

They have been known to set up accounts using people's personal information from data they have received. They are not mind readers. For me my concern is that you are not baiting safely. There are stickies that tell you about baiting safely.

Using an email account that has any of your personal information tied to it is not baiting safely. The concern is that you don't become a victim of criminal behavior in one way or another. No one has suggested that you leave the forum. What has been suggested is that your story does not pan out in all of it's facets.

I am sorry for your health issues. Baiting (safely) is a good way to relieve boredom and you get to "see" the world. If you bait safely you will have barristers, bank officials and others emailing you daily!

Please bait safe!

PS Did you get the Private Message that outlines these issues?

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right. Well, it's possible scamfighter glossed over some details in her posts. I don't know that she should be hanged for this.

Perhaps a few deep breaths are in order....if there is trolling afoot, all will be come clear soon enough.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
luckey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@scamfighter: For whatever reason, we do occasionally get people here who think it's fun to jerk us around. If that isn't you, you're more than welcome here.

If your story is true, great work. An arrest is about the best outcome any of us can hope for in our baiting efforts. It is also exceedingly rare, so please understand if it is met with disbelief.

For what it's worth, I'm willing to believe you.

If it turns out you're a troll, I won't mind. Falling flat on my face once in a while keeps me humble. Wink

lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

martyh754 wrote:
One CAN register at western union to use the online sending of money using a stolen identity and credit card.

This is true. Very Happy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Everything I do is on the computer. Knowing this it would not be all that difficult for some one to get my information, but I do not use Western Union for anything. I send no one money over the Internet Using Western Union or anything else, but I do shop on line.[/

OK, I'm picking a compromised shopping account

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
kubis
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If im wrong i will show my arse in Woolies on a Saturday afternoon

What Branch bombardier Smile

bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
What Branch bombardier

Now i,m sweating Confused

pony pony Mortar x18
kubis
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No worries Smile

419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

scamfighter wrote:
I hope that explains it.

Aaah. Sorry. yes Embarassed

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html

Last edited by 419weasel on Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you guys should apologise to this n00b and give her some pretty pink prancing ponies.

She seems like a great asset to have here - remember that one n00b that had the awesome Southern United States Safari where they met the guy at the airport and got him in the car? They took him to the redneck bar. I think Becky could maybe be the next person to get this done. She seems to have real connections.

Welcome to Eater Becky.
Read the stickies and sign up for a mentor.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic