SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Teach Your Lad To Speak English Real Good

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ChainYanker
Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the most annoying things about 419 scammers if their horrible English, idiosyncratic punctuation, and truely horrible spelling. I'm thinking we could do them a favor and teach them and new and exiting vocabulary, such as:

I'm pulling your leg- you may be suprised to hear from me

Bull- honest truth

Halitosis- good character/reputation

Confidence man- trusted official

Extraterrestial- foreigner (but with better connotations)

Nitwit- gender-neutral version of Mr/Mrs

Just imagine, a day where we will be getting letters like this:

Dear Nitwit,
I'm pulling your leg, but I have heard about your great halitosis. I am an extraterrestial confidence man...

Whadaya say?

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On the subject of petty taunting of lads, just for a bit of fun, see if you can't engineer a 'fee' (or a balance or whatever) to be GBP357 or better still GBP356.60 (maybe it's what you can get in cash, or includes WU fees, whatever fits your scenario), then enquire if UK VAT is payable too? Should you send extra to cover the 17.5% VAT? Of course your lad will be overjoyed to take more of your money, but strangely unnerved by the total it comes to- oh go on, you can guess without working it out I'm sure!!
What an amazing coincidence hem hem...
ChainYanker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry- I don't understand what you're talking about.

If it's computer related stuff, don't bother- I'm a complete tech-mugu.

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I THINK some people have had a bit of luck teaching the lads "proper english" in the past. However, there is always room for improvement. Laughing

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My character Ludmi||a K0s0kal0v says

Quote:
I am always much liking to be talking with mugu persons and I even told one one time how I was liking so much his fotografic and my parakeet was looking from his cage and was fall down on his back with his foots up in air when I showed him. I am thinking I must be giving him much bad seeds.

Do you be knowing anything about parakeets ?

The moral being - if their writing makes your brain hurt - retaliate with a ditzy model who speaks bad English. Very Happy

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My Dad was reading the scam emails in his inbox aloud the other night and was laughing until he cried at the poor english. Much room for "improvment" in those. Laughing

Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shouldn't it be "Learn Your Lads to Speak English Real Good"?

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
ChainYanker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I stand corrected.

FEMALE

cureforboredom
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Being relatively new, I'm not quite sure how to start a "teach my lad some english" conversation with them. If anyone finds a good way, please share. It does sound fun. Twisted Evil
ChainYanker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm thinking of mentioning how attrocious the lad's English is, then offer to teach him the Queen's English if he'll teach me Togo/Yoruba/whatever. You know, in a friendly sort of way.

FEMALE

419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would "correct" his grammar in email.

"NO! NO! NO! It's skid mark, not SIR! Americans aren't using SIR anymore these days."

Mc Fry

Lad Quotes
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like to introduce security phrases such as 'I felch my granny' to ensure that the transaction is 100% risky free secure, in the hope that lads might assimilate such into their own scripts. I also stop using the spell checker in my replies.

I like to sign off my relies with "I await your urgent repose", which I do...permanently if possible.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
MattNW
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ChainYanker wrote:
I'm sorry- I don't understand what you're talking about.

It comes out to 419 GBP.

Lads probably wouldn't catch it either. I've found that subtle jokes like that go right over their heads. Sometimes even not so subtle jokes do also. They spend very little time reading anything that isn't a MTCN#.

Also we found out that some of the officials of the prostates may have been extorting a lot of money from you with the pretext of helping you receive your money.

LET ME TELL YOU,SINCE YOU DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE RESPECT,YOU MOUTH MAY PUT YOU INTO TROUBLE.
ChainYanker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was kinda hoping people would share their suggestions for vocab lessons here...
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm..

You could correct him and tell him that the words he is using are out-dated and he should use other words instead...

For example:

Broad instead of M'am
Swine instead of Sir
Shark or Ambulance Chaser instead of Lawyer or Barrister

Question

Mc Fry

Lad Quotes
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ChainYanker, I think you chose a bad time to put that idea forward, what with the Festive season and all.

I think the concept has promise, but it would take care and effort.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been telling lads for some time that 'next-of-kin' means 'gay partner' in North America, and offering them various 'correct' expressions for 'nearest living relative' such as 'ponce' or 'second-rate farquit'. Most times they just completely ignore all that, but some lads come back with the newspeak expressions, even modifying their certificates accordingly.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
Excalibur
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I might just start introducing some of these words. Sounds like fun.

As for possible modalities used to push this dictionary, maybe an English teacher who can't stand them butchering the language? Or maybe a Spanish teacher...

" It sounds like you practice oral sex in the office with your secretary like your ex-president." and " I am beginning to see why you were so dumb to be scammed in the first place." -My dear D4v1d L4wr3nc3
"LOVE YOU AP0LL0 FROM THE BOARD OF MY HEART." S4ny4
GeorgeBush
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've always been an enabler of poor grammar and spelling.
Howevery, the idear of been a edumucator sowns grate to!

Easter Egg 2013
ChainYanker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

419weasel wrote:
I would "correct" his grammar in email.

"NO! NO! NO! It's skid mark, not SIR! Americans aren't using SIR anymore these days."

Even better, "It's not 'Sir or Madam', it's "Pimp or Madam' ".

And I have got to find a way to work "sphincter" in there.

FEMALE

i-bin had
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[/quote]And I have got to find a way to work "sphincter" in there.[/quote]
"Sincerely or regards any more either, its sphincter.... Your sphincter I-bin Had Smile

LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a little easier to get a lad who speaks reasonably good English to butcher some common idioms rather than try to correct their grammar.

I wouldn't want them to miss out on a "dunce in a lifetime opportunity"; it might "set them back to square nine".

I urge them to respond by "dropping me a lime".

Any official seals on documents should be referred to as a "seal of truth".

"Sir I sworn an oath as a legal luminary to defend your cause in all ramification from the armpit of the law" - Barr. W4k4r4 Iss4c
pony pony pony Mortar x6 Closed lad accounts x25
Click here to help your lad miss his scam quota
Lunch Hour Man
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ChainYanker wrote:
I was kinda hoping people would share their suggestions for vocab lessons here...

I'm pretty new too, so anything I have to say strictly for what it's worth, but trying with heary endeavor to learn the lads propitious English as possible has become my angle. Here aren some of my observations to date:

-Little tweaks to the language are good. I ask my lads to advice me on matters, and thank them for their excellent advise. I ask for clarification regrading confused matters. I request specific delamination of charges outlying in the affadavits. If the lad's English is shaky, he's probably reading at least semi-phonetically, so a real word that sounds close (doesn't have to be a straight-up homophone) seems to slip by. Try to find a little stable that can realistically be used frequently, and be consistent with them. The more times it appears, the more likely it is to be picked up, especially if it's subtle and coming in under the radar.

-Words can be mistrabulated when desired. The English Language is wonderfully convollient that way. Just be careful not to superenduplify it, or you might overshunt yourself.

-Typos can be both your fiend and your fore.

-Positively reinforce grammar, spelling, and syntax errors the lad already makes by using them yourself.

-If you have any familiarity with topic-comment languages (Chinese and American Sign Language are the two I'm most familiar with), I've found thinking in that mode really helpful. Basically, instead of sentences where Subject Verbs Object, you get sentences that are more "As regards such-and-such, it thus-and-so." Ex.: The payment I went to WU to send to you already. This transaction I think it is too complicated.

-Idioms, as @LaBrea mentions, are a good way to go. One of my lads is cock-sure the transaction will go well (he didn't learn that one from me, but it's awesome). Another was happy to hear that the possibility of a business deal with him "really tinkled my ovaries."

Me personally I've never corrected a lad's English or made suggestions. I try to just work things into the conversation. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of offering a helpful "hey pal, just so you know, here in Ontario we call that 'pulling onesef up by his jockstraps," or whatever, but generally I like to let the lad think he's doing a great job all on his own, and just steer him along. Subtlety's my bit, I guess. Or attempts at conversion thereto.

@LHM
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

But lads also write in german/french/spanish/italian/russian and a whole host of otther languages too, if we really do teach them some really good phrases we have to have "world coinage" and multi-lingual phrases are few and far between.

Even UK and US have some funny translations of wording - slang is used in every language, and sometimes the results are what we need.

But where to begin finding phrases in english that will have europe/us/eurasia and deepest asia all laugh there cotton socks off? We have a lot of work to do lol

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ChainYanker wrote:
And I have got to find a way to work "sphincter" in there.

Hmmm... "I crave to indulge your sphincter" Laughing

Mc Fry

Lad Quotes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic