SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Fake checks

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Zapit
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FYI � Found Short article in the local newspaper last week.
OFFICIALS WARN OF CONTEST SCAM � Postal inspectors seize $195 million in bogus checks.
Short article about a team of Canadian and US fraud investigators based in Montreal hunting for these scammers.
Towards the end it says, � Officials ask anyone who receives a letter containing a suspected fraudulent check to report it to postal inspectors at www.fakechecks.org or (800) 372-8347

Also check out http://www.usps.com/communications/news/press/2004/pr04_1207pi.htm

I assume this would be US and Canada only. I have article if anyone cares to read it!
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Zapit - Yup, it's big business to these guys, who have many modalities to fool the unsuspecting. Job offers, company reps, "bookkeepers," craigslist sales, ebay, you name it, they send "too much money" and the victim keeps the excess as expenses, etc. And we don't disciminate. We just bait them all here! Welcome to eater! Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I have focused a lot on these guys in baiting them
mostly my speciality Smile

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I too have been concentrating on cheque scammers of late using the UK drop box for the trophies. My siggy total is not quite up to Lester's total but still satisfying nonetheless.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic