SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How far ahead do you plan your baits?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Do you plan your baits or wing it?

Plan it
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Wing it
67%
 67%  [ 49 ]
A bit of both
24%
 24%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 73

Yakuza
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Half and half, one must be prepared, but also ready for unexpected new events that could make things more interesting for the mugus.

"All the informations I had about you is that, You are Ruthless and merilessly and heartless Scientist and Politican. ??? Why are you wearing gloves in hands ????" Dr Nwa0gu.
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I clicked wing it, but it depends on what you mean by plan. I try to think things out one or two emails ahead but if a lad opens a door for a different direction I am willing to throw out my plans and try for a different direction. So really I am half and half.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It really depends on the scammer as to what i do.

I normally just wing it but there is a certain element of planning in some of my baits

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
ChainYanker
Collecting TShirts the Hard Way

Location: Shouting "Fire!" in crowded theaters across America

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in the middle of my first bait(s), and I've got a very specific end result in mind. Heck, I'm already planning how to write out the eventual saga for 419eater, another message board, and mass-email to my friends. (And trust me, if I get what I want, it will be entertaining enough to justify telling all of the above).

Once I get an idea in my head, I have a very hard time letting go of it.

FEMALE

"This deal does not have anything to do with religion because we are talking about $10.150 million us dollars" -Bangu Mali

"YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND HENCE YOU LEARNT HOW TO DOUBLE CROSS OTHER GUYMAN KEEP IT ON AND WATCH OUT" -Don Jack

"why is it that you dont believed that the unicorn is avaialabe" -Victoria Smith

"i have seen that you are not financially capable to handle this great opportunity maturedly" -Muhammad Bla1se

Earned a pony, earned a bun, still not sure what they mean --> pony
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I first started baiting I had things mapped out in my mind in much the same way as lads follow their own script. I pulled off my first succesful bait exactly as planned. My lad was very cooperative and followed my lead. But my second major bait showed me what it's like when I'm knocked off script...

As many others have posted, now I mostly wing it by having my characters well established in my own mind, and acting as I think they would. I don't try to map things out from start to finish, but I usually have a couple of ideas in mind of directions I can take a bait, depending upon how it plays out. And I'm always ready to go off in a totally unplanned direction if the situation calls for it.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wing it at first, and then see if I have a keeper or not. I drop lads all the time, more than I keep. Once the hook is in, I start to move them towards what I want. It helps to have multiple characters, which are all rearrangeable for different baits. My one safari (so far) took me about 4 months to set up, and four characters, with help from $imba and two or three characters he has.

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a little of both, and not very adept at either! I plan it in the sense that I know what the lads' first few e-mails are going to be, and it doesn't take long to figure out what kind of mugu I have and what his MO is. If I send a "show me the invoice" message, I'm fully prepared for their "the security company cannot open the boxes" response. But quite often the mugu will come up with something so stupid or crazy there's just no way to forsee it. I don't think you can really build a formula for baiting. I guess you could say I have a carefully laid out plan to wing it! Very Happy
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I also don't plan ahead very much.
Baiting is pretty much like driving a car, which in turn is pretty much like chess. You can think about possible next moves your opponent will do, but you just can't cover everything. At the same time you try to lay out a rough direction where you want to go.

One thing I start planning is a safari. Simba helps me on this and we have discussed a few options. So now I start executing the first steps to make the lad randy enough to be willing to travel, so that he can some money and a willing western lady. The safari is supposed to be staged in January, but might still be delayed some more depending on the progress with my lad.
So, this is actually one thing I really think about, the other stuff is, as said, loosely following a rough direction, always based on what the lad shoots at me.

One example: For N4th4n, that hitman-guy, my plan (with one of my chars) is to make him so upset that he eventually makes a mistake. I don't know if that will happen and what kind of mistake that might be, but it's fun. I keep insulting him and he insults back. And I can already imagine him sitting in his cafe with a hot-glowing head because of all the things I'm telling him about himself and his goat...

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I tend to map out a rough outline or major milestones of the bait; however, the method to get to each point is left open and fairly flexible. This allows me to take advantage of opportunities or new ideas as they occur. Some baits have gone as originally planned and others have wandered off in a different and unplanned, but still satisfying, direction. I create good backgrounds and stories for each baiting character which helps me from making to many mistakes.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't create the backgrounds yet. I'll try to do this very soon.
One lad got a bit confused because I sent him 4 different addresses...

"This is what i sent to them am not with any money to go back to nigeria pls help."

United Kingdom (0.25 go to fake_buster)

Safari x4 Wole A.: Akure, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, Akure, Nigeria to Tanguieta, Benin (both with Thomas-the-Tank and Simba), Akure, Nigeria to Kano, Nigeria (with TtT and OD), Akure, Nigeria to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (with TtT)

Mortar

pony pony
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I only wing it, perhaps still in reaction to the drastic failures I suffered in my very early baiting days when I planned out complicated multiple-lad baits to the finest detail, convinced that I was such a master of mind games it would be no trouble at all to make them bow to my bidding.

Well, I did get a couple of lads to hold signs, or at least they told me they did.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

rootuser wrote:
Baiting is pretty much like driving a car, which in turn is pretty much like chess.

I've always described it as being like playing poker with a marked deck.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wing it about 75-80% of the time. I usually have a general idea of what I want the lad to do, but I am very flexible as to how I get there.
I generally let the lad maintain the illusion he is in control, and that approach requires a great deal of flexibility.
The goal itself may be nothing more than "Just waste his time".

Then I have a few baits that I have a very specific goal in mind, and I have orchestrated steps that must be followed.
If the lad deviates from that path, I am always steering him back to my goal.
I have one such bait with a pet going now, where the goal is to find out as much as I can about his modus operandi, as he cooperates with my fake lad.
Hopefully, I will be able to use this information in such a way as to infiltrate and monitor the majority of his scams to innocent victims.
That's the plan on paper, anyway!

"Sir I sworn an oath as a legal luminary to defend your cause in all ramification from the armpit of the law" - Barr. W4k4r4 Iss4c
pony pony pony Mortar x6 Closed lad accounts x25
Click here to help your lad miss his scam quota
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think almost all of the time, I wing it. I found out early on that if you let the baits drive themselves, they'll take you down some really interesting roads.

If I'm after a trophy photo, (which I haven't attempted in quite a long time), then I'll pick a character name that will somehow find its way to being used on a sign.....but even then I'm still making things up as I go along.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you don't know where you are and where you want to go, then any road will take you there.

When I was baiting I used to plot out ahead what I'd like to do, any chance of getting him to travel, do I want to develop a love bait, how will I wind the bait up.

Then it's e-mail by e-mail but with the end result in mind.

However the end result may change depending on the gullability of the lad.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
thomas-the-tank
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Still learning, but I think it's fair to say I have a general direction in which I want them to go, but sometimes they leave an opening you can slip into and exploit (that didn't come out sounding the way I meant it to!).

In a magazine article I'm writing, i refer to the art of baiting as "cyber-jujitsu", reversing the flow and twisting it in an advantageous direction.

"I have come to learn the world is pregnant."
"Besides i am on a GLOBAL ASSIGNMENT WITH THE UN, so be reasonable and leave insults"
"suck your blood untill you resemble stockfish"

United Kingdom x 3 x 2 Ivory Coast Australia x 2 Benin
Safari Wole A x 4!! :
pony pony pony pony Goat <= don't ask about the goat! Inventor
Dolores
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A bit of both for me. I often start out with rough plans, but I don't get too attached to them. The ideas that come from the lads' own poorly-thought-out comments are a lot more fun than anything I would come up with on my own. Very Happy

Granted, my baits usually turn out fairly uninteresting, so maybe sometime I should try more planning to see if that helps. Smile

Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thomas-the-tank wrote:
.... but sometimes they leave an opening you can slip into and exploit (that didn't come out sounding the way I meant it to!).

I can feel a Swiss Toni "Very much like making love to a beautiful woman..." quote coming on, if you'll pardon the expression. Very Happy

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic