SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Extras Christmas Special

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just watched the Xmas Special of Extras and have to say I was a little disappointed Sad The ending was a bit of a hit & miss affair and I reckon 20+ minutes of this 90 minute special could have been chopped.

I was surprised a few months ago when RG announced that there would be no new series after series 2, but going by this latest outing it looks like he's run out of ideas for this show, which is a shame as I thought the format had loads of potential. Not much good telly to look forward to now!

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I never got on with Extras at all. Seemed like everyone was always holding their breath waiting for Gervais to transform into Brent. The Office, I loved.

pony
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a bit of a victim of it's own success. Some things are best left.

Dare I say, I found most of the 'Fools and Horses' Christmas specials so-so at best.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When was it on Shiv? I've only gone and missed it. Crying or Very sad

I wasn't really a fan until I'd watched it a good few times. It certainly grows on you.

Some of Steven Merchants lines have been hilarious.
I nearly wet myself when he was dinner dating Maggie and the loo won't flush.... "Oh for f*cks sake! That's just mashing it up!"
And when he's been caught masturbating over Barry's sexy pen: Barry: "Were you having a wank?"
Darren: "I was trying to have a quick one yes, but it's like Piccadilly bloody circus in here!"

Laughing Laughing

Like all good things though, 2 series is probably enough.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's being shown in Oz so of course I'll watch it but I'm afraid that Ricky IS David Brent no matter what he does next. I worked in an office on Slough Trading Estate EXACTLY like The Office and most of the characters bring back memories too, especially Keith the Accountant. And The Office Christmas special was perfect IMO but then again I'm a romantic old fool.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Mugatu: It was on the US HBO channel. It hasn't been aired in the UK yet so you haven't missed it here Smile

jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

WTF?!?!?!? How did I miss that? I can't believe it. Hopefully, given HBOs habbit of re-running the same stuff over and over, I can catch it again. That makes me sick that they are ending this show. That is truly disappointing. I absolutely love Extras. Nothing beats the episode with Sir Ian McKellen, in my opinion. That was about the most brilliant comedy I have ever seen.

EDIT: Ahhhhh. Just found out it comes on tomorrow night.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I just watched it this weekend. I must say, it was not as funny as the other episodes. In fact, it was a bit depressing. I did quite enjoy it though. I really hate to see the show go off of the air though. I thought that show was wonderful. But, at least they went out with class. I used to be a huge Simpsons fan, but their newer seasons are just bad. The new seasons are really ruining the series. I admire Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant for calling it quits before they ruin they show.

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry shiver, got to disagree with you. I just watched on BBC, and I thought it was fantastic. I don't think I've ever cried then laughed in such quick succession as the lament at the end of the celebrity big brother bit, followed by the bit in carphone warehouse. I agree there were some "dry" bits, but I wouldn't call it filler, more build up. The ending wouldn't have worked as well if it hadn't spent so much time showing Andy being a dick to Maggie.

jojo, I don't think the intention was to make it as funny as the other episodes. Ricky and Steve have been talking about moving from comedy to something more serious for a while, and it appears that this is their first real stab at it. It's also nice to hear someone who shares my opinion on The Simpsons

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I watched the UK version this evening and noticed about four slightly different scenes from the US one, obviously to cater for the slight cultural differences. I still think it was too long and a little weak on material though.

jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ivor Grimey Colon wrote:
jojo, I don't think the intention was to make it as funny as the other episodes. Ricky and Steve have been talking about moving from comedy to something more serious for a while, and it appears that this is their first real stab at it. It's also nice to hear someone who shares my opinion on The Simpsons

I agree with you. It was quite clear that this was a more serious show than the other ones. I don't think it suffered for that. I really enjoyed the show, actually. I was glued to my set for the 90 minutes that it was on. I think Ricky and Steven are the king of awkward moments- and this episode had its share. There were parts of that episode where I just felt sick at what was going on. I will admit I did get choked up a few times during that show. Specifically, that Big Brother part at the end.

Goat

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic