SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

On air about scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, I'm booked to go on MWIR (MidWest Irish Radio) an internet station out of Mayo the second week in January

My brief so far is to talk about internet security, how to recognise scammers, how to stop people getting sucked in, and how to advise people about scammers

I'm going to mention that I do belong to a group that plays with scammers, and some of the scams I have been involved with

I know Shiv has done this before, kudos to him, how far should I go, short of climbing down the lines and screaming "it's a scam you fecking idiot"

Being as Ireland is a long way away from the rest of the world as far as internet intelligence is, not mocking Ieland, but it's been less than 5 years since internet has been here to most of us, and less than 30 years since electricity reached most places here

How do you talk about stop believing what you see?

Given the Irish nature of talking the hind leg off a donkey just to pass the time of day away

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
frankireland
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's my local radio station and it's not an Internet Station, it does stream on the internet but it is mainly for our local community.
I don't know what planet you are on regarding electricity and the internet.
I take it you no longer live in Ireland as you don't seem to be at all clued up. I can tell you if you go on air with that attitude you will be quickly cut off.
Google's European Headquarters are in Dublin. Less than 5 years since the internet? I have been a member here nearly as long so don't think so.
The ESB has existed in Ireland since the 20's and all but the most rural homes were well connected before the end of the 70's.
Given the Irish nature of talking the hind leg off a donkey.......
Rolling Eyes
i hope the interview goes better..... Evil or Very Mad

HOW CAN YOU EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT?

what i suggest we do is since you want to go into importation of drugs are you sure it is a good business venture to invests the funds in ?

Fake bank kills United Kingdom United Kingdom Ivory Coast Nigeria China
Mortar x21
Dj Tricky
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Working in radio I can tell you that you won't have as much time as you think. If it's a talk station format you'll get a bit more time, if it's music based you'll have a few minutes tops. And you'll be on and off before you have time to go 'is that it?' That being the case, boil down everything you know into fine points that covers the most basic questions. Who, what, where, how and why. Have a funny baiting story on hand if they ask for one but mainly find the best way to get as much information over in the shortest time possible. Don't repeat yourself, use the opportunity to educate your audience and possibly find a way in there to entertain them too.

Never doubt the intelligence of listeners. No one EVER knows who's listening at any given time Wink

Last edited by Dj Tricky on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks DJ, I've got about 4 hours on air time, I've been there before with the same announcer, it's a pretty free wheeling evening, we didn't get through half the play list last time,

There is an email feedback line into the studio, similar to IBC's without the chat though, which slows the pace down with reading the emails, worldwide audience, Australia through the States and Europe.

I'm working up stuff to take, the most common scams, 419/NOK/Money Trunk, the refugee ones, and some of the love baits.

It'll be a bit of info, and a relevant story plucked from eater (names changed to protect the guilty)

I'm not mentioning eater by name, Scamwarners I may plug, I'll check first if that is ok with the people there, it's more a public awareness thing,

Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'm not mentioning eater by name

Why not?

pony pony Mortar x18
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I'll check with Shiv about that, I'd thought about it, then decided not to, then thought about it again
still thinking about it

edit: Thanks Shiv, I'll plug Eater and Scamwarners through the night.

Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you could mention Lotto scams while passing, that'll be handy. If there is time, the fake electronic goods web-sites as well.

Good luck

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just keep saying:

IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS!

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Excalibur
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kudos, good luck and rock on. It's good to hear that the media is helping get the message out.

" It sounds like you practice oral sex in the office with your secretary like your ex-president." and " I am beginning to see why you were so dumb to be scammed in the first place." -My dear D4v1d L4wr3nc3
"LOVE YOU AP0LL0 FROM THE BOARD OF MY HEART." S4ny4
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

irishemigrant wrote:

I'm working up stuff to take, the most common scams, 419/NOK/Money Trunk, the refugee ones, and some of the love baits.

Don't forget employment fake cheque scammers.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the input everyone, I may run out of time!

Hopefully it'll help people recognise a scam, or be more aware of one if they, or a family member or friend starts telling them about it.

Have added all of the above to the list, ty

lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes please mention the fake checks as almost every scam includes the cashing of fake checks. These can lead to the victim being prosecuted for a crime.

Checks for fees
overpayment on purchases
rent checks
employment scams.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If the lads said "just after mayo beat galway" then most would know its a scam. And hurling and public warnings seem to work well Smile

Also ireland is beginning to get its own lads, so a bit of caution on meeting them even for the craic should be mentioned Wink

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
frankireland
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Haha. Mayo beating Galway is pretty much an annual event.
Yes Ireland has its own lads,
I even met one in Dunnes in Maynooth, our famous Imoh. Course he didn't know who I was. He was busy stacking shelves. Pity I didn't have my camera with me at the time.

HOW CAN YOU EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT?

what i suggest we do is since you want to go into importation of drugs are you sure it is a good business venture to invests the funds in ?

Fake bank kills United Kingdom United Kingdom Ivory Coast Nigeria China
Mortar x21
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic