SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I've just been ripped off!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
alf roberts
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just went through my account and noticed that I'd been billed for three seperate anounts of around $23 working out at around �12.50 The company that took the money out was
Sobremove thisvsites.Com NL and Aprremove thisosupportcom

I never signed up to anything and have alway been very careful with my account numbers.....to say I'm pissed off is an understatement. I've phoned the bank and they say they will try to recover the money but how did they get the details in the first place?
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, if you are 100% sure you haven't given them to anybody, and if you absolutely know you haven't typed them into some website that looked like your bank's site, then the first thing I suggest is a scan for bad stuff on your computer.
I'd suggest doing this from a LiveCD, for example one of the many Linux LiveCDs. That way the virus cannot get started and also doesn't have the possibility to hook itself into the system to hide it from the scanner.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
alf roberts
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'd suggest doing this from a LiveCD, for example one of the many I'd suggest doing this from a LiveCD, for example one of the many Linux LiveCDs

any idea how much these are?...and would you recommend the I'd suggest doing this from a LiveCD, for example one of the many Linux LiveCD?
rootuser
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As I explained, in length, in my PM, you can freely download a LiveCD.

For the record, I think the System Rescue CD might be a good start here.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic