SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

santa says I have been a good girl this year

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
pwwbear
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A little birdie sent me an email saying that santa believes pwwbear has been a very good girl this year, giving the good rev fits, and driving her current lads round the bend, and so he is having the nice people from dell build her a new computer and deliver it sometime next week.

now i just might be able to download some really neat stuff that my current windows 98 and 126 ram can't handle.

And i will be able to curse at Vista until I can download a proper system.

TRY AND PUT THIS ARTICLE OF MINE ON U'R 419EATERS CLUB...TELL U'R SITE FRIENDS THAT I GOT U N THEM IN A STREET OF GAME FIGHT...I AM WAITING FOR YOU GUYS TO DO WHAT U THINK U WANT TO DO TO ME - rev. botchway
Click here to support 419Eater.com
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dell will install XP instead of Vista if you ask for it

And ask for it,

And really really ask for it

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What exactly is wrong with Vista then?

I have Vista on my laptop, I hardly use that machine, I prefer this old Windows ME workhorse, when I do use Vista, I can't see anything bad about it, I have only ever used Windows 95 and ME, and as far as I can see, all operating systems look the same to me, it's just the same as using this old computer, only it looks nicer, is faster and has a bigger screen.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well if you are comparing Vista to ME it can't be any worse. You really need to stop being technophobic SP.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use Vista Ultimate on my PC at home (rather new machine) and can�t complain about it. What is it, that you don�t like about it, Ook? Smile

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Easy enough first off Memory Hog. It uses way too much memory just to run the OS. Next is activation of Vista. It will only ever let you activate it once (I could be wrong it may be twice). If you ever upgrade too many parts on your computer or have to change motherboards for some reason. You will be required by Vista to reactivate, to do that you will have to purchase Vista again.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Apparently this is the spec you need to run Vista

� 1GHz 32- or 64-bit CPU (Pentium 4 or better)
� 1GB RAM
� 3D video card supporting DirectX 9, Pixel Shader 2.0, and 128MB or greater video memory
� 40GB drive with 15GB free space
� DVD-ROM drive

and this is bare minimum if you like tortoise speeds. Microsoft is rejoicing because Vista has been pirated only half as much as XP, I think they've missed the point here Laughing

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vista *is* better than ME...I never looked at it from that angle. Laughing

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm currebntly buying some new hardware for the office, and my wholesaler (with whom I've been working for almost 20 years) said he wouldn't install Vista even if I paid him extra - which was just fine with me.

This guy sells to large businesses and - due to his maintenance contracts - has to be sure things work correctly. He said he'd start losing money quickly if he installed Vista on the machines he sells.
Agi Hammerthief
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
I'm currebntly buying some new hardware for the office, and my wholesaler (with whom I've been working for almost 20 years) said he wouldn't install Vista even if I paid him extra - which was just fine with me...

hey KD, been spilling too much beverage over your keyboard? a Voice of Reason tole me

/me runs and hides

hug the trolls - maybe it will help them to stop being a worthless piece of trash

CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphone Cayman Islands United Kingdom x3 Nigeria
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This summer I admin'd a small office setup with 5 new Sony Vaio Vista machines. 3 of which had semi-permanent BSOD errors on them. That problem ended up being tied into the hibernate/restore memory issues.

Then there was the printing problem. Because it was a small office I set up the receptionists computer as the print server. However that didn't work to well because there was around a 15 minute wait for a single page document to print. So I went and purchased a new printer, Vi$ta Certified, downloaded the new Vista drivers from the web site. Found out that the easiest way to get through the printer install setup was to physically plug the printer into each computer that was getting the drivers loaded onto it. Installing a printer driver took about 20 minutes per machine. and then I had the same problem.

Downloaded all of the tweak sheets from Tech Republic and worked through the issues for speeding vista up, Ha Ha. Google'd "Vista printing Problem" and saw a wonderful selection of a few million helpful articles. Read enough to realize that there was no fix for this yet.

Went out a purchased a Network printer and set up IP printing for the workstations. After of course making the rounds with the new printer and install software.

In answer to complaints of slow computers, Dual core Intel with two gigs of RAM, Installed Ready Boost, certified USB thumb drives and discovered that it didn't live up to the hype.

Presented a bill for above services, had it described as F'ing ridiculous, and was refused payment.

So will I work th Vista again . . . . . Perhaps, but like Bill I'll need to get paid up front I think.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ So I see you agree with my wholesaler. Cool
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh yes.

Currently enjoying my Fedora 8 laptop. This winter I'll be spending some time with Crossover Server. Seems like the best way to run MS stuff might be on Linux Machines. Very Happy
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My mom bought a new laptop and Vista came installed on it. She requested a downgrade, but the store wouldn't give it to her. She's working with it, but I'm wondering how she managed to get the printer to print doublesided because when I was configuring that printer, I would get the BSOD when I tried printing something that was doublesided with Vista, but she uses it and it works perfectly. It's almost like Vista is her new best friend Shocked

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
pwwbear
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would really rather have xp... i have used it on others machines, and have heard far to many people say that they have either downgraded or curse each time they have to say yes they want to do something.

There are all sorts of things i want to hook up, my scanner, my ancient workhorse printer

As my memory hog norton anti virus is due for renewil I think I will let it pass and either get a newer version or find something else.

Any favourite programs?

TRY AND PUT THIS ARTICLE OF MINE ON U'R 419EATERS CLUB...TELL U'R SITE FRIENDS THAT I GOT U N THEM IN A STREET OF GAME FIGHT...I AM WAITING FOR YOU GUYS TO DO WHAT U THINK U WANT TO DO TO ME - rev. botchway
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

AVG Free edition: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/downloads-products/us/frt/0?prd=aff

Zone alarm free edition:
http://www.download.com/ZoneAlarm-Firewall-Windows-2000-XP-/3000-10435_4-10698360.html?tag=lst-6

Adaware:
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2007/3000-8022_4-10766151.html?tag=lst-1

And you should really think about setting up a dual boot system with Fedora, Ubuntu or Xandros.

Good 'review' here:

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html

This is the guy that calls Vista the longest suicide note in history.
Dj Tricky
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A little birdy told me that Santa thinks I've been bad this year and as a consequence, I won't be getting much aside from coal in stockings. But next year if I'm good, then I should expect a good girl Very Happy Laughing

Last edited by Dj Tricky on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ or like my 4yr old niece said, when my sis told her that she must be a good girl, cause otherwise Santa will not come to her: "I haven�t been good last year neither, and Santa still came to me" Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's right, this thread is aboot old Santa, not Windoze!

Having been Santa a couple of times, and since I know the old guy personally, I can say this for sure: All that good-or-bad stuff is pure media hype and political propaganda! You think he's got time to actually go through that list? Heck no. That's why all the responses to his letters start with "I received your mail and its contents well understood". He realizes that good or bad means very little in today's marketplace.

Let's face it: If old Santa was really all moral and omniscient, would he set up shop at the north pole? No, he's set up where he is so he can get Canadian health care, cheap child (elf) labour, northern tax breaks and no pesky flyers in his mailbox. Samanabeech doesn't even have a phone.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic