SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Whats going on with my email?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mercury
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have got about 5000 failed delivery reports for messages I never sent. Here is one of them:

Quote:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To:
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 23:23:54 +0800
Subject: SAFE LOANS WITH NO COLLATERALS

GOOD DAY,
DO YOU NEED BUSINESS LOAN?
DO YOU NEED PERSONAL LOAN?
DO YOU INTEND BORROWING LOAN?
ON WHAT PURPOSE?
THIS IS TO INFORM THE ENTIRE PUBLIC THAT THERE IS A LENDING FIRM WHO GIVE OUT LOAN WITH LOW INTEREST RATE. WE ARE A REGISTERED AND GOVERNMENT APPROVED LOAN LENDING FIRM.WE GIVE OUT
LOAN TO DIFFERENT ORGANISATION,SCHOOLS,HOSPITALS,INDIVIDUALS, CHURCHES BUSINESS MEN AND WOMEN WHO ARE FINANCIALLY DOWN.THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO EXPAND YOUR BUSINESS AND PAY ALL DEPTS. DO
NOT HESITATE TO FORWARD YOUR APPLICATION NOW TO VIA E-MAIL ADDRESS...................Snipped. TS

What is going on? One guy has replied angrily asking to be taken off my mailing list and is threatening legal action if it happens again. Is someone faking my email address as the return path? Confused

"should i go to hair dressing salon for the application of the tattoo?"

Join the church of today
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is this your personal email address or a baiter / catcher account?

If it's the former, report it to your provider / host. They should be able to look into it.
If it's the latter, just drop the addy and create a new one.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
M1d0r1
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, most likely is someone faking your address so you're receiving all the bounced back mails.

Of course, you could put the email in the surplus section and see if someone gets revenge that way ...
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^That wouldn't be helpful, I don't think.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It might be nice to get back to the guy that's threatening legal action, and tell him that you're as much of a victim as he is. There is no danger of you being implicated in court, as the email header will show that the mail did not originate from your account.

That this "backscatter" often results from virus activity - the virus picks a random address from those it's going to mail itself to as the forged sender. What is really annoying is that the Anti-virus companies know better than anyone else that they do this, and they still send a report to the "From" address that it found a virus in your email.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Spam.

There was a rash of this a while back.

Normal spam mails were being disguised as returns.
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could you have been infected by one of these people we hear about who use others' computers as bots?
I don't know how it works or what the symptoms are, but 5000 seems like a lot to me.. too many just to ignore.
Is it an ongoing problem and if not, when did it start and what is the rate of bounce backs per day?

Purple Flower
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Could be pissed off lad. I had one who got mad at me and used me as the "reply-to" address on his next round. Too bad for him I knew who did it and I sent his personal mobile to about 500 lads with an insult about their mother, a sister and a goat.

Then I filtered all the bounces and life was good. They all went right into the trash.

And 5000 is not that many. Someone has their avatar showing like 200,000 in their trash!

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

<--- Three weeks worth Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic