SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I need a desk!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Which desk should I buy?

Number 1
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
Number 2
25%
 25%  [ 10 ]
Number 3
37%
 37%  [ 15 ]
Number 4
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 40

Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I moved into my apartment in October and there are STILL things in boxes because I am very slow in buying furniture. I'm also horrible at making decisions so I need someone to blame if everything goes awry. Wink

That's where you come in!

I need a desk something awful right now. I was leaning towards one of these, but now I'm not entirely sure. Which desk should I buy?? What desk do you feel is best suited for wrecking havoc on poor 419 fraudstars?

All opinions welcome. My walls are white, and I don't have a ton of space.

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson

Last edited by Peanut on Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1 or 3 for me, depending on your decor.

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Boss? I think you're supposed to actually vote. Wink

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My decor is...white on white. With some white trim.

....art is another thing to buy...

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1 or 2 depending on decor, and whether you need somewhere to put the PC, or you need cupboards to hide your junk.

I've voted for 1 on the grounds that you can always put the PC next to the desk, and it's easier to service that way.

It's committing you to olde worlde decor though.

Edited to add: Those keyboard trays will drive you crazy if you use the PC for more than occasional use. Avoid them.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several

Last edited by thud419 on Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1. 2 looks too flat packed, with 3 you'll keep accidentally knocking the base unit with your knee and 4 doesn't allow adequate air circulation for the base unit.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Number 1 Very Happy

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
sekhmet29
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

3. It's what I'd buy. It looks more modern, and although I'm not convinced it's great when you're lacking space, it just seems more user-friendly...

pony

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified "Atta Girl"!
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why not go for something that looks nice and will increase in value? :
Mahogany Desk
Brown furniture, as it is known in the trade is flat on it's backside at the moment.
Dealers will still have silly prices on the stuff in their shop, but will take just about any reasonable offer.
You just have to sit until it comes back into fashion. Wink

Try auctions too, it really is a great time to buy.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Mr Otto
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Peanut wrote:
My decor is...white on white. With some white trim.

....art is another thing to buy...

Why buy? Have one of your Nigerian friends make you some art. Art contest with big prizes possibly... Laughing

-First of all,I observed from the beginning that everything I did provokes you which I have never experienced in my life.

-As for me I have a strong Christian upbringing which thought me to �do unto others as you want them to do unto you� which is the golden rule. my only worry is if my 50% share is safe with you not after we have secured the fund in your possession you will now change on me.

-I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord.

-I am pleading to you to forgive me because if there is not quarrel, there will be no forgiveness.

-Be careful with their e-mails so that your parcel will not be in danger with their evil planes.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, I have one that looks like #3, but with the puter on the right side, a drawer above, handy for photo paper and stuff, a k'board drawer that actually is right for me, and a top shelf to sit the screen, speakers, printer on

shelf for the scanner notepad, pens ashtray, wineglass, made a winebottle attachment out of a an offcut of stainless pipe from workbolted to the side

Who gives a ****** about the decor? hello? you're looking at the screen

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I voted for number 1, not that I like any of those desks with pull out keyboard shelves, they are too flimsy for my liking.

I got myself a table off my local Freecycle group a few days ago, it's actually an extendable dining table with 4 chairs, but it's my computer table now Very Happy

It looks identical to the table on the link below, same maker, A H McIntosh, Kirkcaldy, Scotland, except the ends are square on mine, it's not as old as this one, in a lot better condition and the chairs and green seat covers look unused, not bad for FREE, well, it cost me �20 to get 2 men with a van to collect it, that's all:

Long Ebay Link

@ Windy, I love those leather topped desks like you posted, I have been keeping my out on the group for one like that.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I started looking into number one, and as of a few minutes ago they are selling ONLY the hutch, not the rest of the desk.

Which certainly wouldn't help me much.

So the popular ONE is out. Extremely lame.

gargstang
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would go with 3. It has the most flexibilty to set yourself up in a comfortable fashion as far as monitor height, space, etc. The keyboard tray could be easily left off if you did not want it. Leg room looks somewhat tight though.

[ <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133443">Intro</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12">Start Here</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24605">FAQs</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413">Rules</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=117865">Safety</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877">Ethics</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306">Get Mentor</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028">Premium</a> - <a href="http://www.scamwarners.com/">Scam Victims</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780">Real Banks</a> ]
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I voted #4! Smile

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you measured your pc case to see if it will fit? I ask because since I build them myself, I have a couple of different sizes. One case is a tall server type that is almost 22" and won't fit in a lot of things. Also, if you keep it in a cabinet, it will dull any fan noise, but in the summer you may have to watch out for soaring temps. Not to mention if you tinker around a lot on the machine, you'll want easy access, so while I'm not exactly crazy about the choices, of the 3 remaining, I'd probably choose # 3.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If 1 is out, then 3 would be my next choice.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I personally have Desk 2. It's pretty nice if your short on space.
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ONE, because there's a big red X over it and red goes FABULOUS with white walls. Laughing

EDIT: Seriously, number 1 is a good choice, IMO.. It's high and covers some of that white wall so you don't have to stare at blank space. Very Happy

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NO Desk.

Buy a laptop with wireless and a comfortable chair!
maxheadroom
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like number 2. SP, I use a kitchen table for my computer desk as well. I have a regular desk chair though.

M-m-max

Charles Soludo's Halloween joke: "halloween joke to you my friend. Hope you are well and make sure that you send the last number in good faith ok." Nov 2, 2008
Now i know why you are deaf and dum, because you are so stupid and crazy, so please i dont need to ask you that any more, you are a real joker that what you are SCROLL YOUR ASS." Chuck Soludo Nov 5, 2008 Easter Egg 2012
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Who gives a ****** about the decor? hello? you're looking at the screen

Um, I was looking at your avatar, Irish....

And, #3 is nicest, for me.

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

4, 4, and 4. Screw the surrounding decor and artwork. That desk works best because it has the most hiding places in it! It's really hard to hide your... hideables in an open concept desk.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic